The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread

2 hours ago, Serge said:

Sounds like ******** tbh. He didn't need to approve an airstrike in order to get Republican Senators on his side for the first impeachment; it was practically a given by the time the Democrats announced it that he'd have more than enough support in the Senate to not be in danger of removal.

Which isn't to say he didn't actually say it, but it's another tidbit that's great fodder for a book like this, but it probably isn't true beyond it being true that he said it to some people because it's what they'd want to hear him say.

Seems like your answer to every sh*tty thing Trump does is just Trump not doing the sh*tty thing, but telling everyone he did the sh*tty thing just to watch them go bonkers. But I think Occam’s razor fits with him. 

Me just scrolling innocently thru the timeline perfectly unaware or prepared that I'm about to see a still picture of Conner Mcgregors foot doing a Luffy from One Piece

11 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

If you plan on running or anything else remotely athletic, you'll need an ACL.

Once I got out of the cast I ran on mine for about 7 1/2 of my 8 1/2 years in service and Army doctors could never make up their minds if it was my ACL or PCL.  Eventually (about 15 years) the way it was explained to me at the VA was that my PCL was completely torn and my MCL and ACL were healed but still stretched, and I only needed my LCL to function.🍻    

11 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

If you plan on running or anything else remotely athletic, you'll need an ACL.

I don’t know if it was fully or partially torn, but a guy in my high school class played his entire senior season at DT with one torn ACL, never told the coaches all season, was selected as all state. This was in a tiny private school. 

10 hours ago, shc said:

Seems like your answer to every sh*tty thing Trump does is just Trump not doing the sh*tty thing, but telling everyone he did the sh*tty thing just to watch them go bonkers. But I think Occam’s razor fits with him. 

I blamed him every step of the way for how he managed the pandemic. He was fundamentally as wrong as he possibly could have been in how he responded to it, and that was his response because of his nature and his way of conceiving of politics.

This just sounds like a guy taking something he said at face value because it sells better than acknowledging that he's bull****ting practically whenever his lips are moving.

2 hours ago, Serge said:

I blamed him every step of the way for how he managed the pandemic. He was fundamentally as wrong as he possibly could have been in how he responded to it, and that was his response because of his nature and his way of conceiving of politics.

This just sounds like a guy taking something he said at face value because it sells better than acknowledging that he's bull****ting practically whenever his lips are moving.

And I can hardly wait till Ivanka and Jr get taken down. Pop shouldn't be too far behind.

4 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I don’t know if it was fully or partially torn, but a guy in my high school class played his entire senior season at DT with one torn ACL, never told the coaches all season, was selected as all state. This was in a tiny private school. 

A fully torn ACL takes almost all the stability out of the knee. While you can walk around on it, running and changing directions at any level approaching that of a professional athlete is virtually impossible. 

4 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

If Georgia Sports has a kindred spirit, it's England soccer. 

In front of thier own fans in the biggest crowd on the continent in more than a year and they both had the lead most of the game and had the penalty advantage twice. And they've been soooooo chokey or unlucky since 1950

Very Atlanta 

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

In front of thier own fans in the biggest crowd on the continent in more than a year and they both had the lead most of the game and had the penalty advantage twice. And they've been soooooo chokey or unlucky since 1950

Very Atlanta 

They caught Germany (Clemson) and Spain (Alabama) in kind of a meh generation too which they probably won't again 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread