The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread

OT type of question here. I work for my uncle who owns a company that does special inspections in NYC. I'm also asked to cut grass, 20 acres, on the weekends. I haven't been paid in 11 weeks for any of the work. 

Am I wrong for telling him pay me or I quit. We had this discussion two weeks ago and it's gone nowhere. I feel like I'm being used and treated like a doormat. 

His company was bought out so the whole family thing ties into me not telling corporate. I also feel like I deserve money for services rendered. Any advice would be helpful.

3 minutes ago, Sturgil Simpson said:

OT type of question here. I work for my uncle who owns a company that does special inspections in NYC. I'm also asked to cut grass, 20 acres, on the weekends. I haven't been paid in 11 weeks for any of the work. 

Am I wrong for telling him pay me or I quit. We had this discussion two weeks ago and it's gone nowhere. I feel like I'm being used and treated like a doormat. 

His company was bought out so the whole family thing ties into me not telling corporate. I also feel like I deserve money for services rendered. Any advice would be helpful.

Take him to court and make him pay your court fees too.

I would take it further. Either pay you for everything, or you report the company for wage theft.

It's a simple concept, you do work, you should be paid for it.

Plus a **** ton of Gallo/john/Giannis minutes. You've got Yek *right there*. Dude bodies Giannis every time and you'd rather throw our Gallo at Center. Jesus Christ.

5 minutes ago, Sturgil Simpson said:

Twenty acres at the same complex or multiple locations?  Either way, you deserve to be paid.  Ask, and be prepared to walk. 

9 minutes ago, Sturgil Simpson said:

You are doing your self a disservice.

Tell him to pay you or you tell corporate.

Hopefully you have receipts of you having that conversation and proof that you worked the hours with out getting paid.

And if corporate does not rectify it immediately then you go to the department of labor.

4 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Twenty acres at the same complex or multiple locations?  Either way, you deserve to be paid.  Ask, and be prepared to walk. 

It's a farm. I work 40 hours during my day job and it's "expected" of me to do the rest because he's too cheap to hire someone. This isn't spilt milk, the guy owns 5 different properties in different states work a lot. 

It's a farm. I work 40 hours during my day job and it's "expected" of me to do the rest because he's too cheap to hire someone. This isn't spilt milk, the guy owns 5 different properties in different states work a lot. 

I was speed reading.  Your uncle doesn't own the farm, but he's a Foreman (or overseeer)?  Bruh, tell him to tell corporate to pay you or you walk!  ****, they pay Mexicans more than free!  I wouldn't get a lawyer involved (unless you keep one on retainer) because you'll end up paying him more than you're owed to represent you.......... properly!  If he doesn't pay you, **** them, grass can take over!  My $0.02

Sorry if this is a repost:

For as much as I want to spike on anti-vaxxers suffering the consequences of their own ignorance and braggadocio, I don't wish this **** on anybody. I just don't understand how eager so many people are to pick fights.

1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

I was speed reading.  Your uncle doesn't own the farm, but he's a Foreman (or overseeer)?  Bruh, tell him to tell corporate to pay you or you walk!  ****, they pay Mexicans more than free!  I wouldn't get a lawyer involved (unless you keep one on retainer) because you'll end up paying him more than you're owed to represent you.......... properly!  If he doesn't pay you, **** them, grass can take over!  My $0.02

He owns it. He doesn't know how to delegate things properly or to the people who can get things done. Somehow he thinks I'll convince my Latin amigos to leave their electrical jobs to make peanuts lol.

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Sorry if this is a repost:

For as much as I want to spike on anti-vaxxers suffering the consequences of their own ignorance and braggadocio, I don't wish this **** on anybody. I just don't understand how eager so many people are to pick fights.

That is terrible.

I don't wish ill will on anyone but at this point I have no sympathy.

It is terrible for the families but that is what happens when people believe idiots over doctor's

1 minute ago, Sturgil Simpson said:

He owns it. He doesn't know how to delegate things properly or to the people who can get things done. Somehow he thinks I'll convince my Latin amigos to leave their electrical jobs to make peanuts lol.

Keep that sense of humor, but tell unc to pay up or find someone willing to work for free. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread