The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread

And that's what this is all about. The hustlers and grifters have convinced a bunch of weak minded people that the basic concept of racial equality that has been settled law in the courts for a while now is now an evil plot to subvert the country. 

I can't emphasize how much damage social media and cable news has done to our society. 

Every single Democratic lawmaker in the Arizona House refused to show up for legislative business on Tuesday, preventing their GOP colleagues from moving forward on a budget that includes a $1.7 billion tax cut that would mainly benefit the wealthy.

^^^I know this has a very long history, going back as far as Abraham Lincoln, but it’s a harmful practice that undermines democracy.  The GOP won the majority in the legislature and they should be able to pass their agenda.  If you don’t like how they’re governing, then vote against them in the next election and try to win more votes for your own party.  This kind of nonsense doesn’t belong in a functioning democracy.

30 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

This thread covered one of these protests. It makes it clear that they don't have the first clue what they are protesting against. They have merely been wound up and set loose by the grifters on facebook and Fox News. Just another of the endless culture wars.

They just think it’s a “hate whitey” type of lesson. But in truth, it’s more of explaining WHY we are all &Ucked up like we are! 

5 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

Bidens idea of cracking down on 'rogue gun' dealers and taking their license away for improper sales might help but it's weak soup towards the rising crime wave. I don't have the answer and apparently no one else does either.

The rising crime wave started last summer and the left's reluctance to prosecute (letting the arrested back out of jail) and the defund the police movement (and now the good officers resigning and looking the other way on crime) is the problem. To solve this, we need more police, better training, and yes, more money for the departments. 

WFW is claim is true

2cartoon-6.23.21-6.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The rising crime wave started last summer and the left's reluctance to prosecute (letting the arrested back out of jail) and the defund the police movement (and now the good officers resigning and looking the other way on crime) is the problem. To solve this, we need more police, better training, and yes, more money for the departments. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

3c730bbace09e5a9d9e19aa2478a5be0.gif

On 6/8/2021 at 11:49 AM, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I might have downvoted wfw once or twice, but otherwise I don't waste the time.  He knows that I know he's a peckerwood.

I do the same for you, it is an odd mutual disrespect. Oh, the description doesn't fit in this case.

peck·er·wood
/ˈpekərˌwo͝od/

noun
DEROGATORYINFORMAL

1. a white person, especially a poor one.

2 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I wonder if that affects the British Court's position on refusing to extradite Assange, which noted ****head Garland (and by proxy Biden) is currently appealing.

Speaking of taxes, apparently they're trying to flip the Trump Company executives (including former Trump bodyguard turned company executive Matthew Calamari, my favorite "there's no way that's his actual name . . . holy **** that's his actual name) by threatening to prosecute them for failing to pay taxes on fringe benefits.  Seems pretty ticky-tacky, but, again, everyone in Trump's orbit (including Trump) were living extravagant lifestyles of consequence-free white collar crime until Trump got bored and decided to run for president, bringing down a mountain of corrupt rich white folks that hung out with him.  You hate to see it.

On 6/21/2021 at 10:10 PM, Carter said:

Crypto market is definitely in bear mode but it's not going to last a real long time I don't think. The bear cycles are getting shorter and crypto proved very resilient through the worst of the pandemic. Now would be a good time to do your research and look at jumping in. Next bull run is going to go big, especially with the economy getting healthier. Some very big updates/upgrades will be hitting later this year that will drastically improve efficiency and scalability.

The Federal Reserve is also developing a digital dollar in collaboration with MIT, which will be hosted on a yet to be determined blockchain network (many expect Algorand, which is a blockchain platform developed by MIT professors, but this has not been announced yet).

death to crypto forever

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

death to crypto forever

I'm still admittedly very ignorant about it, but it sure does seem like the next technological advancement that's going to make our lives markedly worse in the coming decades, assuming global-warming-caused hurricanes and tornadoes don't wipe us off the map first. 

19 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

So there's two answers to this.  There's what it actually is, a theory of post-graduate study that began in the legal field and has spread to other areas beginning in the 1970's, and the boogie man wedge issue that the current republican party has made it into a catch-all phrase to encompass.

As to the former, here's a definition from an article on the American Bar Association's website:

"While recognizing the evolving and malleable nature of CRT, scholar Khiara Bridges outlines a few key tenets of CRT, including:

• Recognition that race is not biologically real but is socially constructed and socially significant. It recognizes that science (as demonstrated in the Human Genome Project) refutes the idea of biological racial differences. According to scholars Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic, race is the product of social thought and is not connected to biological reality.
  • Acknowledgement that racism is a normal feature of society and is embedded within systems and institutions, like the legal system, that replicate racial inequality. This dismisses the idea that racist incidents are aberrations but instead are manifestations of structural and systemic racism.
  • Rejection of popular understandings about racism, such as arguments that confine racism to a few “bad apples.” CRT recognizes that racism is codified in law, embedded in structures, and woven into public policy. CRT rejects claims of meritocracy or “colorblindness.” CRT recognizes that it is the systemic nature of racism that bears primary responsibility for reproducing racial inequality.
  • Recognition of the relevance of people’s everyday lives to scholarship. This includes embracing the lived experiences of people of color, including those preserved through storytelling, and rejecting deficit-informed research that excludes the epistemologies of people of color."

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/publications/human_rights_magazine_home/civil-rights-reimagining-policing/a-lesson-on-critical-race-theory/

As to the latter, Republicans have decried any attempt to talk about racism, especially the history of slavery, Jim Crow laws, the Civil Rights movement, being taught in K-12 as being part of Critical Race Theory.  It's a completely dishonest effort, actually CRT is really only taught in law schools or other post-undergrad settings.  It's not being taught to little Billy's 4th grade class in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

Whether you agree with the theory or not (I admittedly had not heard of it until this year, if it was taught in my law school I didn't take that class, I tried to take as many classes on subjects that I knew would be on the bar exams as possible, I shied from the purely academic classes), it's being used in near total bad faith by the modern day conservative movement. 

19 hours ago, Andrews_31 said:

In a nutshell, something the GOP is telling their followers, that CRT is something that black people are trying to force on them, but it's always a white person explaining what it is or isn't.  That's all you need to know about it. 

lmao that's amazing

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

And that's what this is all about. The hustlers and grifters have convinced a bunch of weak minded people that the basic concept of racial equality that has been settled law in the courts for a while now is now an evil plot to subvert the country. 

I can't emphasize how much damage social media and cable news has done to our society. 

A good compromise on the filibuster is to make it where they actually have to filibuster it.....they need to stand on the floor and speak untill they can speak no more.....make that **** inconvenient for who ever wants to filibuster.

If the conviction is that strong then they can do it.

10 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

A good compromise on the filibuster is to make it where they actually have to filibuster it.....they need to stand on the floor and speak untill they can speak no more.....make that **** inconvenient for who ever wants to filibuster.

If the conviction is that strong then they can do it.

This isn’t a bad proposal either…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/03/02/manchin-filibuster-never-sinema/

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Braves Battle to the NLCS Thread