• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

On 5/7/2021 at 6:59 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

On 5/7/2021 at 7:05 PM, achilles return said:

hahahaha

you mean, corporations will just buy up more and more of the market for extracting rent from a poorer and poorer working class

"more money for us, **** you"

On 5/7/2021 at 8:25 PM, Southern California Liar said:

Scrolling through TATF and come across an article about what the team is valued at nowadays. Its 2.88 billion.

Arthur Blank bought the team for 545 million in 2001.

The difference between 1 million and one billion is.....

1 million seconds is approximately 11.5 days.

1 billion seconds is approximately 31.5 years.

HOLY ****!!!!

https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/

22 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'm just some internet guy with no hardcore quantum background, so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm pretty sure this is explained knowing that the method of observation uses light itself. Because of how tiny electron particles are, you have to observe the experiment in a specific way, and when high frequency light acts on the electrons, it loses the wave/interference pattern because light is so high energy. If you turn the light down, you wind up missing electrons and can't see the pattern itself. And if you use lower frequency light, you still get the interference pattern, but you can't even tell which slit the electron is going through. And to tell which slit it is, you have to use higher frequency/energy light, which acts on the electrons and removes the pattern again...and so on. It's like some Schrodingers cat thing, but I don't think it says anything about observation itself, just how photons and electrons interact.

It's hard for me to except that observation plays a role in the wave function collapse too. It's basically saying something isn't there unless you're looking at it. But what if this is just the tip of the iceberg of holographic universe theory or simulated reality?

8 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

******* sadists, man.

Apparently there have been problems with Pop Warner (and pee-wee football in general) for years.  I just stumbled across this article about a documentary investigating it:

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/08/americas-most-dangerous-football-is-in-the-pee-wee-leagues-not-the-nfl/279229/

12 hours ago, Southern California Liar said:

1. **** the lady with the  pink umbrella. He earned that ****.

2. Was that Seagull dropping the sandwich in different spots trying to activate the censor? Because thats what it looks like. Systematic.

We had some cut up watermelon with us on the beach a couple days ago and a crow noticed. It eventually started getting up on the lounge chair with the container, so we gently shooed it away and covered the watermelon with a big sun hat. The crow came back 2 minutes later and with no hesitation, no need to figure anything out, it lifted the hat up, moved it aside, and got some watermelon.

Props to that crow, for one thing, but also crows are freaky smart and it's a bit unnerving to have one out-think me so very quickly.

They're starting to pull Chinese products from Amazon because of the whole fake review ordeal. Sucks because I got an email yesterday to purchase and review a product then get a gift card in return. Would have been my 3rd time :( 

3 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Too young to teach the rules about helmet to helmet? ? ?

Too young for children to be hitting each other, particularly with gear on that lets them hit harder. That one kid might have literally lost some future brain capacity and/or life expectancy with that hit, and isn't remotely old enough to consent to that.

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Apparently there have been problems with Pop Warner (and pee-wee football in general) for years.  I just stumbled across this article about a documentary investigating it:

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/08/americas-most-dangerous-football-is-in-the-pee-wee-leagues-not-the-nfl/279229/

Yeah, it's really bad. I honestly expect organized football either (1) to go extinct in my lifetime, or (2) devolve further into a more brutal bloodsport that incorporates MMA and Mortal Kombat style finishing moves.

15 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Too young for children to be hitting each other, particularly with gear on that lets them hit harder. That one kid might have literally lost some future brain capacity and/or life expectancy with that hit, and isn't remotely old enough to consent to that.

Yepper, that’s the biggest part of this. 

These kids are only playing this because their Daddy’s want them out there in that league. And most of them probably won’t even get a College Scholarship let alone get paid for playing. 

Those that would make it probably will quit long before that due to burn out or injury.

Even the kid that lead him out was shaken up by what he did.

11 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

It's true tho. Pretty sure I had multiple concussions in middle school football when I lived there. We ran that drill all the time.

That's not good. It's one thing to happen in game. But at this particular age, it's not good at all for them to teach this style

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Baby Dik Dik Job Stories Thread