• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

"Isbell wrote the song after hearing about the death of Marine Cpl. Matthew D. Conley, who was killed at age 21 in Iraq in February 2006 along with 2nd Lt. Almar L. Fitzgerald when their Humvee rode over an improvised explosive device.

Something I'll never forget was in the fall of 2004, going to rent my first college apartment for my freshmen year at Auburn, and while in the leasing office we were talking to the head maintenance employee.  I can't remember how it came up in conversation, but he revealed that his son had been killed by an IED exploding under his Humvee.  We weren't expecting that in that conversation, it upset my mom especially.  He said that he got to view the body when he was shipped back, and it sunk in because his mustache looked different after the embalming. :(

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

If Fields is gone, there's a good argument Chase is BPA at 4, although that mock also has Sewell there, and I would prefer to build in the trenches, but do we put him at RT or move Matthews there?

I am not a fan of first round linemen and Matthews and McGary are a good pair.

McGary improved alot from year 1 to year 2 so taking Sewell does not make sense to me.

I have seen people say take him and then move him or Matthews or McGary inside....and to me that is silly....if you draft a tackle at 4 he needs to play tackle and not be a guard.

Unless we decide to trade one of the tackles but then you are trading one known commodity for an unknown.

2 hours ago, lostone said:

I saw the code and was like...  how do you understand what this is doing.  My old code almost no one had to ask me what it does.  I have to ask this all the time now.  Staring at code for an hour and going up and down then losing what you were doing because you went down a rabbit hole...

I had to take code twice for my post grad degree.

Headache, man. Good Lord.

14 hours ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

What I want to know is what kind of evil **** Folgers did to overthrow Wilikns coffee.

Those old Wilkins coffee ads were pretty gruesome.

Jim Henson had some inner demons when he was younger.

On 2/25/2021 at 9:43 AM, Mr. Hoopah! said:

There is no reasoning with these cretins.  They will sink to any low, use any double standard, engage in the highest levels of bad faith, all so they can make sure the wealthy stay wealthy and we stay at each others' throats in endless culture wars.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Boy, Fox News is just loving it some Cuomo coverage (deserved as against Cuomo for sure!) despite having to ****can numerous employees for the same (and worse!) behavior, paying out tens of millions along the way to settle claims.

Fox treated every last one of Trump and Kavanaugh's accusers as gold-digging liars, but hoo-boy they are salivating at a popular democrat potentially going down over a sexual harassment scandal.

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Gets to reunite with Hopkins, exciting young QB, handsome coach, slightly less hot than Houston, but going to an 8-8 team when you said you want to compete for a championship is a weird move. Of course he's also going to make $15 million a year, which never hurts.

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Gets to reunite with Hopkins, exciting young QB, handsome coach, slightly less hot than Houston, but going to an 8-8 team when you said you want to compete for a championship is a weird move. Of course he's also going to make $15 million a year, which never hurts.

Yeah I'm kinda thinking the compete for championships over money was kind of a half truth

You know it's funny how these things go in cycles tho I'm old enough to member the old old oooooold NBA thread we had in here long before Lebron to Miami where folks were complaining about NBA superstars chasing the money over a ring content to go score 25 a night with the Knicks or whatever and lose so long as they got a big paycheck and now we have like the extreme opposite problem.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Oh, Phoenix is hotter than Houston. Like, much hotter. In June, an average of 12* hotter. Average High in Houston is like 91 at peak. Average high in PHX is 106 at peak.

Side-note... JJ Watt always comes off as a "holier than thou" DB, even as I recognize that he's a great person and does wonderful things...

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Baby Dik Dik Job Stories Thread