Jump to content

The Baby Dik Dik Job Stories Thread


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Feel free to join me, there's plenty of space.

I’m just about done. I don’t have much time for people who think bombing civilians is ok or find a way to make everything “the other side” fault. American politics is a horse **** game of partisan power grabs that do nothing but perpetuate the status quo. And we genuinely have people trying to say promises were not made to regular people for votes that got them elected.

Pretty fed up tbh. And suddenly no one cares about Saudi Arabia or atrocities at our border anymore either. Figures. I’m not amused

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mr. Hoopah!

    3601

  • AF89

    2988

  • Southern California Liar

    2657

  • Leon Troutsky

    1464

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Only a fool doesn't understand that representative democracy is a numbers game. People promise to fight for their priorities but I don't recall anybody guaranteeing passage. "Send me to Washington if you want better health care" is not the same as "Send me to Washington and I'll make sure you get better health care". It's a fine line between the two but most voters understand that they need cooperating partners to get anything done.

Right, but people in this thread are acting like it’s some kind of massive betrayal that Biden isn’t passing everything on the Progressive wish list when the reality is that, first, Biden never promised those things (e.g., “nationalize Medicaid”, whatever that means), and second, there are Democrats who strongly oppose some of those policies and they have a vote just like every other member of Congress.  My problem is that people are attacking Biden and others based on completely unreasonable and unrealistic standards that no other politician has been held to in the past.  It’s ridiculous.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Carter said:

And we genuinely have people trying to say promises were not made to regular people for votes that got them elected.

All I’ve said is to hold them accountable for promises they actually made and don’t attack them for not doing things they never said they would do.  

And if people are going to attack someone, attack the ones who made those promises but can’t make good on them, not the people who never promised those things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Through the years here, I keep getting the impression from my far left/progressive friends that when a serviceman/women dies in the ME, they deserve it because they had no business there anyway. Not that they've publicly said it, but I can feel it.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I hate when anyone is killed in these ******** wars, including my american brothers and sisters. And they are ******** wars, of the highest order, fought on all sides on behalf of people who don't give a **** how many americans/syrians/iraqis/iranians/etc. die. Perpetuating the wars by keeping our soldiers there only ensures more death and injury, and that pains me deeply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Right, but people in this thread are acting like it’s some kind of massive betrayal that Biden isn’t passing everything on the Progressive wish list when the reality is that, first, Biden never promised those things (e.g., “nationalize Medicaid”, whatever that means), and second, there are Democrats who strongly oppose some of those policies and they have a vote just like every other member of Congress.  My problem is that people are attacking Biden and others based on completely unreasonable and unrealistic standards that no other politician has been held to in the past.  It’s ridiculous.  

Yeah, I was seeing it last night. Both here and on Twitter. Biden's not a progressive but he's embraced a lot of the progressive agenda. I don't understand why people are madder at the majority of the Democrats who voted for and are on board for raising the minimum wage than they are at the zero Republicans who are willing to vote for it. That's where the problem lies. I guess people figure that since Mitch McConnell is willing to twist, or even break, the process then Schumer/Biden needs to be just as ruthless.

But the vitriol should be directed at the other side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Monarch said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but I hate when anyone is killed in these ******** wars, including my american brothers and sisters. And they are ******** wars, of the highest order, fought on all sides on behalf of people who don't give a **** how many americans/syrians/iraqis/iranians/etc. die. Perpetuating the wars by keeping our soldiers there only ensures more death and injury, and that pains me deeply.

That wasn't directed at you, just a statement from years of observing the progressives here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

 

^^This **** is funny af 😁.

But the narrative of Biden "bombing a country" vs. the actual truth of a plane shooting a missile into a terrorist compound is why no one takes progressive rhetoric seriously. 

 

*Waits for AR's paragraph long smart *** definition of "bombing a country". 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously not being able to get minimum wage in there isn't all on the Dems. That's kind of obvious.

 

The problem is this literally started off with Biden putting it in there and saying I have doubts about whether it can get passed or not, no media blitz, no real leadership or messaging being done on It from the White House....and then just "well sorry...we tried".  And that happened while they had all kinds of messaging out about Neera Tanden's mean *** and are fighting for her like their lives depended on it. They brought out all the players to fight for her. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Carter said:

I’m just about done. I don’t have much time for people who think bombing civilians is ok or find a way to make everything “the other side” fault. American politics is a horse **** game of partisan power grabs that do nothing but perpetuate the status quo. And we genuinely have people trying to say promises were not made to regular people for votes that got them elected.

Pretty fed up tbh. And suddenly no one cares about Saudi Arabia or atrocities at our border anymore either. Figures. I’m not amused

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sponge said:

@The MonarchThe conundrum of taking a strike from a militia group is that if you don't retaliate, it encourages them to do it again. If you do retaliate, you just make things escalate. I know all this can be rooted back to if we were never there then the conundrum wouldn't take place. But we're past that point.

You know like I do that it has nothing to do with if one of ours got hurt or killed or how many rocket attacks there were. The pentagon made a game out of tying our hands behind our backs for most of 2 decades so they could win the PR battle back home. This was simply a show of force for a new president. And it killed a bunch of non-combatants. Which you probably know better than me does nothing but motivate those people for more war and radicalizes their youth against us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Carter said:

You know like I do that it has nothing to do with if one of ours got hurt or killed or how many rocket attacks there were. The pentagon made a game out of tying our hands behind our backs for most of 2 decades so they could win the PR battle back home. This was simply a show of force for a new president. And it killed a bunch of non-combatants. Which you probably know better than me does nothing but motivate those people for more war and radicalizes their youth against us.

When I first heard about the strike, the first question that popped in my head was the timing and why now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Corn Pop I had to quit smoking because I'm developing a cough thats lasted almost a month. I can't breath a night while in bed too. I've smoked over a oz in a gravity bong during this time which is why. Mike brought me a albuterol inhaler. Even my wife and daughter have said something to me about the coughing all the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sponge said:

@Corn Pop I had to quit smoking because I'm developing a cough thats lasted almost a month. I can't breath a night while in bed too. I've smoked over a oz in a gravity bong during this time which is why. Mike brought me a albuterol inhaler. Even my wife and daughter have said something to me about the coughing all the time. 
 

get a vaporizer

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Hmm... I wonder who Made America Hate Again? Or at least made it

On the flip side, Chinatown in S.F. is seeing Asians being targeted by black folks. An Asian guy interviewed described it like the L.A. riots where "Asians took to the rooftops". So now they have unarmed Asian groups patrolling the streets. This is a recipe for racial profiling that can snowball into something worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sponge said:

Through the years here, I keep getting the impression from my far left/progressive friends that when a serviceman/women dies in the ME, they deserve it because they had no business there anyway. Not that they've publicly said it, but I can feel it.

i think that there is a genuine belief in humanism among the left that keeps a lot of us from putting american lives on a pedestal. the american soldier is also a victim of us imperialism, but i think you're less likely to see people on the left buying into the idea that american lives are somehow inherently worth more just because they're american. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Baby Dik Dik Job Stories Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...