The Baby Dik Dik Job Stories Thread

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

The Democrats and Republicans have essentially the same agenda (at least the members of Congress), it's just that Democrats pretend they want certain progressive things during election season. They toss out a few bones to give the impression of trying and give a socially liberal spin for people to focus on.

Until enough people understand it's rich vs poor and not red vs blue, this country isn't changing.

That was the rationale for many people voting for Trump. It was him or another liberal like McCain or Romney.

• Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

Just now, Serge said:

That was the rationale for many people voting for Trump. It was him or another liberal like McCain or Romney.

I can't control what "many people" vote for. I'm just being blunt about the reality of this country. Blaming the death cult on people who want better for the country and people pointing out the actual lines dividing us instead of the death cult itself and the reasons it perpetuates itself (including liberal meandering) is lazy.

Someone here posted an article a bit back comparing the political climate we're in to the first "Gilded Age" and it was a great read - very left-slanted, but that bothers me less with an opinion piece that's heavily researched and well sourced. Dunno if it'd even be your bag, but hey.

https://jacobinmag.com/2021/02/the-politics-of-a-second-gilded-age

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I can't control what "many people" vote for. I'm just being blunt about the reality of this country. Blaming the death cult on people who want better for the country and people pointing out the actual lines dividing us instead of the death cult itself and the reasons it perpetuates itself (including liberal meandering) is lazy.

Someone here posted an article a bit back comparing the political climate we're in to the first "Gilded Age" and it was a great read - very left-slanted, but that bothers me less with an opinion piece that's heavily researched and well sourced. Dunno if it'd even be your bag, but hey.

My point is most people understand that it's rich vs poor, but people contextualize the problem differently. Conservatives voted for Trump because he was defiantly anti-Democrat, anti-liberal, and anti-liberal media. Liberals and progressives voted for Biden to beat and fully replace Trump, but only liberals are going to be happy with how he replaces Trump.

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

My point is most people understand that it's rich vs poor, but people contextualize the problem differently. Conservatives voted for Trump because he was defiantly anti-Democrat, anti-liberal, and anti-liberal media. Liberals and progressives voted for Biden to beat and fully replace Trump, but only liberals are going to be happy with how he replaces Trump.

I think most people on ABF understand that, and a ton of people I've talked to understand too. But I don't think "most" people (or most voters) think of the rich vs poor divide first. I think the majority of voters care more about their team and grievance politics.

10 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I read through this article quickly and have it tagged to go back through it.  You might check out a 2008 book by Larry Bartels titled “Unequal Democracy: The Political Economy of the New Gilded Age”.  I found some used copies on Amazon for less than $3, but I’m sure there are places where you can download a PDF version for free.  

14 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I think most people on ABF understand that, and a ton of people I've talked to understand too. But I don't think "most" people (or most voters) think of the rich vs poor divide first. I think the majority of voters care more about their team and grievance politics.

"The majority of voters" only describes about half the people in this country that are eligible to vote. Most people have already given up on our political system changing anything that needs to be changed and either refuse to participate, or vote for the candidate that isn't their idea of evil incarnate.

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Great, now I'm going to be singing "Jew Space Laser" to the tune of Foreigner's "Jukebox Hero" all day long. 

Foreigner would be my least favorite classic rock band ever if Supertramp didn't exist, but supertramp exists, so,

Seriously, how did people in 1979, just railing coke and drinking non-light beers and cheap liquor, hear this and say "**** yeah, take off that Skynyrd record, let's listen to more of this!

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Foreigner would be my least favorite classic rock band ever if Supertramp didn't exist, but supertramp exists, so,

Seriously, how did people in 1979, just railing coke and drinking non-light beers and cheap liquor, hear this and say "**** yeah, take off that Skynyrd record, let's listen to more of this!

Supertramp was late 70s Nickelback.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Yet this has always been a guilty pleasure for me.  Though not sure how guilty I should feel. (skip the first minute or so absurd intro)

Edit:  I just posted a video of a dude in a loin cloth.  Maybe I should have watched it first . . . Quick:  Where's Tanya?

Adam Carolla Show a Twitter: "The Beastmaster – a film for ferret lovers  and those who enjoy homoerotic films. Agree? #Carolla  http://t.co/OOmEXwpPyY"

29 minutes ago, Serge said:

"The majority of voters" only describes about half the people in this country that are eligible to vote. Most people have already given up on our political system changing anything that needs to be changed and either refuse to participate, or vote for the candidate that isn't their idea of evil incarnate.

Absolutely.

Just now, Mr. Hoopah! said:

In one of the numerous deleted trump threads I searched google images for, and posted here, photos of every president going back to Carter publicly hobknobbing with Saudi royalty.  It's a bipartisan stain on our already terrible foreign policy.

It's as if maintaining the empire and keeping our hegemony depends completely on perpetual wars and coddling awful regimes. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Baby Dik Dik Job Stories Thread