The Baby Dik Dik Job Stories Thread

1 minute ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

What the **** are you talking about? Trumps immigration policies ended up with my brother and his husband being deported over some ******** clerical errors. It's well documented.

Me being sorry Trump didn't win again? Let's float that idea around and see what folks around here think about that.

Once again....the **** are you talking about?

Truly sorry to hear about your brother and his husband. As I stated, you dug in and said the Dems used $15 minimum wage to draw votes, yet didn't fight for it when it fell for partisan reasons. Nobody can guarantee their agenda items will pass, only that they'll fight for them. Being upset at them when the effort falls short for the reasons it did seems to be disingenuous. The reason I asked about Trump is that Biden's already turned numerous things around that Trump blew up. That's seeking something to be upset about and it's also blaming the wrong people.

• Replies 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Truly sorry to hear about your brother and his husband. As I stated, you dug in and said the Dems used $15 minimum wage to draw votes, yet didn't fight for it when it fell for partisan reasons. Nobody can guarantee their agenda items will pass, only that they'll fight for them. Being upset at them when the effort falls short for the reasons it did seems to be disingenuous. The reason I asked about Trump is that Biden's already turned numerous things around that Trump blew up. That's seeking something to be upset about and it's also blaming the wrong people.

Nah dog......post them Dm's or **** off.

9 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

Nah dog......post them Dm's or **** off.

I lost my father to COVID-19 on November 16. Watching Trump makes me want to puke. I am sincerely sorry about your brother but I lost a chunk of my soul that won't be coming back and I'm wondering when I'm not going to think about it every day. I've also had family hospitalized with the virus and am at risk of losing my own health care if SCOTUS gets rid of the ACA.

Not belittling your situation but don't think you're the only one with grievance against that devil.

If you're going to mope about the situation that exists ($15 minimum wage going down), blame the people who are directly responsible for it instead of the ones who at least tried.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

How do democrats keep losing to this 

Rs are already signaling that they will run a far right white nationalist authoritarian candidate. They are embracing it, because Trump got more votes than any of them could.  Without Trump turning out those voters, 2020 is a bloodbath. 

This is why I am pissing about Dems not fighting harder. They need to convince voters that the above candidate is not appealing, which means giving them raises, making sure people are vaccinated, getting people out of crushing student loan debt, cutting child poverty by creating a child allowance, reviving the economy as quickly as possible with as few people falling through the cracks, etc. Maybe all these proposals won't save Dems in 2022/2024, but I'd much rather fight and try to win, then turn over and show my belly. 

Elections are referendums on the party in power. Trying to run against your challenger isn't going to work. Ask HRC how successful that strategy was. 

5 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Rs are already signaling that they will run a far right white nationalist authoritarian candidate. They are embracing it, because Trump got more votes than any of them could.  Without Trump turning out those voters, 2020 is a bloodbath. 

This is why I am pissing about Dems not fighting harder. They need to convince voters that the above candidate is not appealing, which means giving them raises, making sure people are vaccinated, getting people out of crushing student loan debt, cutting child poverty by creating a child allowance, reviving the economy as quickly as possible with as few people falling through the cracks, etc. Maybe all these proposals won't save Dems in 2022/2024, but I'd much rather fight and try to win, then turn over and show my belly. 

Elections are referendums on the party in power. Trying to run against your challenger isn't going to work. Ask HRC how successful that strategy was. 

I see things differently from you. Trump voters who got a raise to $15 would still vote for Trump in 2024 because, from their perspective, Biden gave Others the same raise and opened up the borders again. Thanks for the loot, Lib. But all of these *fill in the blanks* ain't gonna ruin their own lives or kick them out of the country. Those people didn't vote for Biden with the hope of a $15/hr minimum wage. If they got the raise already, they sure as **** aren't inclined to vote for a Democrat candidate in 2024.

They're not voting for economic reasons. Or healthcare. Or COVID-19. Or reforming immigration. Or school loan forgiveness. Or free college. Or any of 100 things that would make their lives better. Dems could fight like **** to improve their standard of living and they're still going to vote R. It's just in their DNA.

24 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I lost my father to COVID-19 on November 16. Watching Trump makes me want to puke. I am sincerely sorry about your brother but I lost a chunk of my soul that won't be coming back and I'm wondering when I'm not going to think about it every day. I've also had family hospitalized with the virus and am at risk of losing my own health care if SCOTUS gets rid of the ACA.

Not belittling your situation but don't think you're the only one with grievance against that devil.

If you're going to mope about the situation that exists ($15 minimum wage going down), blame the people who are directly responsible for it instead of the ones who at least tried.

Brother when you said it I said I hated to hear it. I am absolutely and truly sorry to hear about your father. My mom has COPD and it's been in the front of my mind every single day for a year now. I have had to tell an uncle I will drag his *** across the front yard in front of his sister if he keeps going over there. I am so sorry you had to face the thing I'm so scared to face. I can't imagine, I don't want to imagine it.

Moving beyond that though....what the **** man? You can't say I said **** I didn't say without me challenging it.

2 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

Brother when you said it I said I hated to hear it. I am absolutely and truly sorry to hear about your father. My mom has COPD and it's been in the front of my mind every single day for a year now. I have had to tell an uncle I will drag his *** across the front yard in front of his sister if he keeps going over there.

Moving beyond that though....what the **** man? 

My Pops used to ask me why I wouldn't take my mask off. He never saw my face for the last nine months of his life. I had to tell him that even in his house, I refused to take a chance on getting him sick. And then, he got sick IN THE HOSPITAL where he went for something else.

Every day, I have a moment where I'm ready to lose it. But people tell me it'll get easier. Let's pray that it will.

By the way, I already prayed for your Mom. You all will get through this.

And I'm truly sorry about my curt reply. I'm aware I didn't respect your right to have your own opinion. I'm pissed off about the minimum wage too, just like I'm pissed off about the fact that we're not going to get a new Voting Rights Act or see the ERA passed for at least two years. But I'm more upset about the Republicans and Joe Manchin right now.

COVID relief is the only significant legislation we're going to see until next year when the Dems force another reconciliation bill through. Our government sucks.

57 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Nobody can guarantee their agenda items will pass, only that they'll fight for them.

45 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

blame the people who are directly responsible for it instead of the ones who at least tried.

32 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Dems could fight like **** to improve their standard of living and they're still going to vote R. It's just in their DNA.

I think the problem for a lot of us is that, with a few notable exceptions, it does not seem like they fought for these things. Certainly does not seem most of them have been fighting “like ****” to meaningfully improve standards of living. In many cases they are clearly fighting against it. And the ones that are fighting for us get attacked by the center (and the right) for trying to help, for being “divisive” and naive and uncooperative. 

13 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

COVID relief is the only significant legislation we're going to see until next year when the Dems force another reconciliation bill through. Our government sucks.

I think making sure people can afford necessities is part of “Covid relief” and that it’s shameful giving this up based on an advisory from an unelected person. It reeks of not fighting, and in fact, getting the outcome they actually wanted. 

49 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Wow, I didn't know you lost your father man. Condolences brother!

2 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I think the problem for a lot of us is that, with a few notable exceptions, it does not seem like they fought for these things. Certainly does not seem most of them have been fighting “like ****” to meaningfully improve standards of living. In many cases they are clearly fighting against it. And the ones that are fighting for us get attacked by the center (and the right) for trying to help, for being “divisive” and naive and uncooperative. 

I think making sure people can afford necessities is part of “Covid relief” and that it’s shameful giving this up based on an advisory from an unelected person. It reeks of not fighting, and in fact, getting the outcome they actually wanted. 

Y'all are missing my point. If 45 Dems want the $15/hr minimum wage and three more are willing to vote for it, it's 12 short of the votes necessary for passage. Manchin and Sinema are power tripping right now and that's why we're not going to see an end to filibuster, which would ensure passage of a minimum wage raise. I'm not blaming party with 96% members signing on, I'm blame the party with 100% opposing.

By the way, the Democrats are the least horrible option available but their failures at this point are expected and not really disappointing to me.

The minimum wage stuff was posturing, just like $2000 checks out the door immediately and student debt cancellation. The slimy Dems know the "at least they're better than Republicans" crowd will settle for idpol and $1400 in April with no min wage hike or debt cancellation. And the narrow margin in the Senate is a convenient excuse to not actually accomplish anything truly beneficial to the majority of Americans when the reality is that they wouldn't try to regardless. If they had 54 seats, 49 would vote in favor and it'd be more of the "bipartisan" fluff. As-is, Munchin is a terrific scapegoat because the more Democrat voters  hate him, the more deep-red West Virginia loves him. Win-win.

As long as the media keeps convincing America it's red vs blue and not rich vs poor, dip****s will continue voting for their "team" and acting like we're watching something with more substance than reality TV.

1 hour ago, The Monarch said:

Imperialism? In America? Where's a stale meme Pikachu face when you need it

3 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Consider: He blamed Trump for a violent insurrection and that wasn't enough to cost him his support. He'd rather the country implode in another civil war than see a Democrat as president.

To their credit, CNN’s front page put the headlines next to eachother:

McConnell says he'll 'absolutely' support Trump in 2024 if he's the GOP nominee

McConnell: No question Trump is responsible for provoking riot

When I saw that, I just turned to my wife and said “Scouts”?

(McConnell on 2/13/21)

McConnell after polling shows Trump is still their only chance:

18 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The minimum wage stuff was posturing, just like $2000 checks out the door immediately and student debt cancellation. The slimy Dems know the "at least they're better than Republicans" crowd will settle for idpol and $1400 in April with no min wage hike or debt cancellation. And the narrow margin in the Senate is a convenient excuse to not actually accomplish anything truly beneficial to the majority of Americans when the reality is that they wouldn't try to regardless. If they had 54 seats, 49 would vote in favor and it'd be more of the "bipartisan" fluff. As-is, Munchin is a terrific scapegoat because the more Democrat voters  hate him, the more deep-red West Virginia loves him. Win-win.

As long as the media keeps convincing America it's red vs blue and not rich vs poor, dip****s will continue voting for their "team" and acting like we're watching something with more substance than reality TV.

Imperialism? In America? Where's a stale meme Pikachu face when you need it

So much total ******** in one post. 

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

My Pops used to ask me why I wouldn't take my mask off. He never saw my face for the last nine months of his life. I had to tell him that even in his house, I refused to take a chance on getting him sick. And then, he got sick IN THE HOSPITAL where he went for something else.

Every day, I have a moment where I'm ready to lose it. But people tell me it'll get easier. Let's pray that it will.

By the way, I already prayed for your Mom. You all will get through this.

And I'm truly sorry about my curt reply. I'm aware I didn't respect your right to have your own opinion. I'm pissed off about the minimum wage too, just like I'm pissed off about the fact that we're not going to get a new Voting Rights Act or see the ERA passed for at least two years. But I'm more upset about the Republicans and Joe Manchin right now.

I’m sorry for your loss and I hate to welcome you to the men who lost their fathers club. It sucks.  
For what it’s worth the pain you have won’t go away, but you will heal and, As Biden says, you will smile again someday.  
And eventually you will have moments when some random **** makes you think “I think I’ll call dad about this” and then reality hits and the pain will wash over you again.  But if you’re like me, those will be the moments you cherish most, because those are the moments you feel his presence again.

3 minutes ago, duckettpleaze said:

I’m sorry for your loss and I hate to welcome you to the men who lost their fathers club. It sucks.  
For what it’s worth the pain you have won’t go away, but you will heal and, As Biden says, you will smile again someday.  
And eventually you will have moments when some random **** makes you think “I think I’ll call dad about this” and then reality hits and the pain will wash over you again.  But if you’re like me, those will be the moments you cherish most, because those are the moments you feel his presence again.

I'm struggling in the occasional prayer when out of habit, I pray for my Mom and... And then I catch myself. Out of habit, I always thought of them together. And then, I'll see a photo of him and I'll cry and smile at the same time. I move past it by thanking God that my Dad had a moment that made him smile and I'm looking at it with pride. I haven't had a break down since the date but I feel like one day I'll be alone and I'm going to fall apart. But I had him for 58 years, which is longer than almost all of my friends had their dads so there's a blessing to consider.

WIth all of this said, I hate it when I see older people succomb to the virus. It's a difficult time that we're going through but if people cared for others as much as they should, this thing would be manageable. But it's enough meatheads out there who figure that they're young enough and strong enough to survive. And those are the ones transmitting death to others who don't deserve it.

Thank you for your post. I appreciate the support while I'm sad that you've already experienced this.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Baby Dik Dik Job Stories Thread