The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I so so so want to see Doge hit 1.00

Almost half way there.

I'm really torn on Dogecoin at this point. Happy for everyone who makes huge gains on it, but there will inevitably be a huge collapse for DOGE and a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money they probably couldn't afford to lose.

• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Serge said:

We don't have someone on the roster that can start at left guard unless we move McGary over, which means we have no RT unless we start our current swing tackle. It doesn't matter who's running routes if Ryan can't step up in the pocket and throw, which he will literally never be able to do against most playoff-caliber defenses if we don't draft a starting left guard this year. We might be able to do that at 35, but it's a gamble, and if we trade up from there, it'll cost at least a third round pick just to move back into the first round, so we'll go yet another season without taking a defensive player in the first three rounds of the draft. We could still take Pitts after trading down if he's still there, but taking him at 4 is practically conceding this season and potentially the rest of Ryan's prime before he's too beat up to throw downfield anymore.

There is no G worth #4, and T is different than G, it’s not great to slide a T inside to G and Vice versa. The Zone Blocking scheme also masks O-line deficiencies. Smith isn’t going to make Matt stand in the pocket for 7 seconds to go through 6 reads like Dirk. 

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'm really torn on Dogecoin at this point. Happy for everyone who makes huge gains on it, but there will inevitably be a huge collapse for DOGE and a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money they probably couldn't afford to lose.

True....but I am like 5 bucks in  :)

I don't actively root for bad things to happen to people but I don't have pitty when people do stupid things like refinance a house to invest in cryptocurrency.

21 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

Wasn't Mike Person our starting left guard when we were running a similar offense and went to the Super Bowl?

No...he was out starting center in 2015 even though he had never snapped professionally in the NFL before.

One of the truly stupid and bonehead moves under KS and Quinn.

It is a notch below phasing out Roddy for leonard Hankerson....who was cut later that year.

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

There is no G worth #4, and T is different than G, it’s not great to slide a T inside to G and Vice versa. The Zone Blocking scheme also masks O-line deficiencies. Smith isn’t going to make Matt stand in the pocket for 7 seconds to go through 6 reads like Dirk. 

You're right, having a high-end left guard is probably only really going to matter whenever we play good teams with healthy defenses. It's just that those are also the ones that beat the **** out of Ryan because that's always been the blueprint for how to beat him and Julio, and now he's going to be running around a lot more. Plus, they're the ones we're going to have to beat to ever advance in the playoffs again. We got fairly lucky in 2016 going against Seattle and Green Bay in their respective conditions; until proven otherwise, I'm assuming we'll never get lucky again.

1 minute ago, Serge said:

You're right, having a high-end left guard is probably only really going to matter whenever we play good teams with healthy defenses. It's just that those are also the ones that beat the **** out of Ryan because that's always been the blueprint for how to beat him and Julio, and now he's going to be running around a lot more. Plus, they're the ones we're going to have to beat to ever advance in the playoffs again. We got fairly lucky in 2016 going against Seattle and Green Bay in their respective conditions; until proven otherwise, I'm assuming we'll never get lucky again.

We upgraded the O-line without adding a single player when we hired Smith. I’m not opposed to drafting an O-lineman, but I disagree that Pitts will not make a difference and even hold us back somehow. That’s just silly talk my friend. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

If the jurors saw it and it influenced them, potentially. 

What am I missing here?  I thought the point of sequestering juries was to prevent them from seeing public and media reports on the trial.  So if they’re watching news about the trial, aren’t they defying the sequester rules?

And I’m not disputing you (or the judge who just said her comments might be grounds for an appeal).  It’s pretty obvious that there’s some legal points that are flying over my head.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

True....but I am like 5 bucks in  :)

I don't actively root for bad things to happen to people but I don't have pitty when people do stupid things like refinance a house to invest in cryptocurrency.

People who got in early with a small dollar amount are a small minority at this point. If only it were that cut and dry. I've seen numerous testimonials about how crypto investment helped people turn their life around and gave them hope for crawling out of poverty or paid for some insanely expensive procedure that saved someone's life. I've also seen stories about how it drove people to commit suicide.

It's going to bring the wrong kind of attention when it crashes. The government is already angling to cut deeper into the crypto space by targeting money laundering without proof. There has also been an all out campaign to purposely deceive people into thinking Dogecoin is a safe moonshot crypto, that its true value is much higher. It's not. The coin is worthless and hyper inflationary, it will hit a peak and drop fast and probably soon.

People buying in at 40 cents aren't getting much for 5 bucks, just ~12 coins or so. I threw 10 bucks at it back in January and got about 900 coins. If it goes to a dollar they'd get all of $12. They have to throw in a decent chunk of change at this point to see a moonshot and this is being actively encouraged. And the bottom could fall out at any moment because the value is completely manufactured by hype and Elon Musk tweets.

I'm not trying to shame anyone at all for holding Dogecoin or going on the ride, just explaining why I'm torn on it. Happy for anyone who gets out with big gains before it drops, **** I did myself months ago. It's just hard to feel good about it when the fallout could be so damaging to so many.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

We upgraded the O-line without adding a single player when we hired Smith. I’m not opposed to drafting an O-lineman, but I disagree that Pitts will not make a difference and even hold us back somehow. That’s just silly talk my friend. 

He'll absolutely make a difference. We'll have three receivers that could be the main focus of the offense, and the success of the rest of the offense will be based almost entirely on whether or not Smith can call plays that compensate for our deficiencies throughout the rest of the offense. The defense will similarly be entirely reliant on a new scheme elevating the pass rush and the secondary with limited assets. If we take Pitts, we'll be counting on him from the very beginning, because we'll be counting on the passing game to carry us practically every game.

I just feel like trading down, even if we don't get quite as much as Miami, gives us infinitely more roster flexibility over the next couple of years. Even if we don't hit on every pick, we're adding players that aren't minimum wage vets on one or two year deals.

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

What do you say, fellas? Personally, Assassin’s Creed: Game of Thrones.

Elder Scrolls Darkbrotherhood/Thieves Guild spinoff done by the Dishonored team (totally plausible cause their both Bethesda division of Microsoft)

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)