The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)

9 hours ago, Door Gunner said:

My daughter got me some of this stuff. It's the hottest have in the house, It says it's 530 000 Scoville units.

generous.jpg

I grow 'Ed's Carolina Reapers'. The hottest pepper known to man. Eating twelve at one sitting is enough to kill you. They are a delight for those that enjoy a good hot pepper. I have to order a new plant each year. They grow fast and produce about 3 dozen on a bush that ends up about 4 ft. tall.  

Smokin' Ed's Carolina Reaper® Seeds

• Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Posted Images

A little over 12 hours later and I feel fine, arm isn’t sore, no fever chills or body aches. Tired from Waylon being restless and having an upset stomach, kept having to go out, but otherwise fine. 

Kinda hoping I still get sick to prove my wife wrong, lol.

NYT  4/17/21    Oath Keeper Pleads Guilty and Will Cooperate in Jan. 6 Riot Inquiry  The plea by a member of the far-right extremist group the Oath Keepers was the first to be entered publicly by any of the more than 400 people who have been charged so far in the attack.

The article goes on to say that if he cooperates fully and hands up the key leaders he will be placed in the witness protection program .

54 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

A little over 12 hours later and I feel fine, arm isn’t sore, no fever chills or body aches. Tired from Waylon being restless and having an upset stomach, kept having to go out, but otherwise fine. 

Kinda hoping I still get sick to prove my wife wrong, lol.

Getting sick to own the wives!

time to normalize this meme

1 hour ago, Big_Dog said:

I grow 'Ed's Carolina Reapers'. The hottest pepper known to man. Eating twelve at one sitting is enough to kill you. They are a delight for those that enjoy a good hot pepper. I have to order a new plant each year. They grow fast and produce about 3 dozen on a bush that ends up about 4 ft. tall.  

Did you win on the ponies?   Eating stuff too spicy affects my aortic stenosis, which makes my blood pressure go up. 

2 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

I broke even, the wife hit two longshots and saved the trip from being a disaster.

I've always enjoyed the ponies.  Used to take my kids when they were little, I would let them each play a number and we'd put it on an exacta ticket. Gave them something to root for and every now and then they would win some money. I never really hit anything big, I just enjoyed it for fun.  Same thing when we go to Vegas, the wife and I just gamble for fun and take in the shows, never really thought about trying to win big, it was more for the entertainment of it.  

The only person I've ever witnessed winning big at the track was my father. He was always a lucky gambler.  

Glad you guys had a good time. 

1 hour ago, Big_Dog said:

Sounds like something one would need a hazmat suit and a special license or permit to grow.:lol:

13 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Well atleast it would not be a fake picture of you on the "side of a mountain"...with the rope some how going to the side

I must have missed that pic 😄

Funny thing is, in the Army Mtv. Division, they teach rope propelling, etc. But yet none of us were issued ropes when deployed. Not that I'd want to be in a firefight hanging from a rope.

13 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I generally quadruple the amount of garlic any recipe calls for. 

My mother gets on to me about using the pre-chop garlic in jars (in water or olive oil). I don't know if there's really a taste difference but she swears it is. 

1 minute ago, Sponge said:

My mother gets on to me about using the pre-chop garlic in jars (in water or olive oil). I don't know if there's really a taste difference but she swears it is. 

To me there is. Especially over time the jarred garlic loses flavor. I always chop my own, or use garlic paste if I'm really in a pinch.

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

To me there is. Especially over time the jarred garlic loses flavor. I always chop my own, or use garlic paste if I'm really in a pinch.

Would the paste be better than the jarred? I've never tried the paste before. 

2 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

Send me a link to where you order the plants. I'm not into hot peppers but Mike is. I don't think he's ever tried them.

On a side note since you say you grow peppers, my jalapeño peppers always come out mild. Can you give me some advice? Is it a sun problem, watering problem, or a soil problem? 

40 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Send me a link to where you order the plants. I'm not into hot peppers but Mike is. I don't think he's ever tried them.

On a side note since you say you grow peppers, my jalapeño peppers always come out mild. Can you give me some advice? Is it a sun problem, watering problem, or a soil problem? 

Piedmontfarmandgarden.com for Carolina Reapers. I have the same . . .  some mild, some good and hot, with the exception of the Reapers. If I get anxious I pick a Reaper before it turns fire engine red and they are still warm. If you wait till full red . . . look out. 👹  Peppers need 6 to 8 hrs of sun. I use store bought organic garden soil and mix it with my native soil. Seems to work well for me. Good luck! 

19 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Piedmontfarmandgarden.com for Carolina Reapers. I have the same . . .  some mild, some good and hot, with the exception of the Reapers. If I get anxious I pick a Reaper before it turns fire engine red and they are still warm. If you wait till full red . . . look out. 👹  Peppers need 6 to 8 hrs of sun. I use store bought organic garden soil and mix it with my native soil. Seems to work well for me. Good luck! 

Went to the site and came across this hybrid pepper that looks like a diggleberry, called "Black Pearl"

PPP026-2T.jpg?v-cache=1575707899

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

Over watering Jalapeños causes mild ones. The more it has to struggle for water the more concentrated the capsaicin becomes.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)