The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I didn't say that he sexually assaulted her.  It was inappropriate, and the two people best able to judge that, Tweeden and Franken, agree with me.  She accepted his apology, which is good, but it doesn't undo the fact that it was inappropriate in the first place.  

When Franken said she couldn't consent, to me that suggested that he didn't deny that his fingers came into contact with the flak jacket.  He didn't say that she couldn't have consented to appearing for that photo op, in which he was miming sexual contact. 

That's just it . . . I think Franken said she could not consent to the joke . .  to the objectification or whatever.  

If you have a quote that he mentioned contact, I would like to see it.

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Fellas, I have quickly discovered that sales is not for everyone lol. But I think it might be for me. Not that I necessarily enjoy knocking on people’s doors (hate it), but I love meeting different pe

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sponge said:

@0:40 dude got body slammed on hardwood............and raised his arms like he was fouled.

My elbows and knees ache just watching that. I don't know if this is the actual sport or just a way for the wrestling teams to cardio train but doing this on hardwood seems like less than a good idea

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I like to use fresh thyme mixed in with the veggies.

If you are going for that low and slow ,I would say 325 for about 2-2.5 hours.

I had the oven preheating at 350, just turned it down. I just sprinkled some thyme on the veggies around the meat.

I'm in the bad habit of seasoning all meat w/ garlic and onion powder, then throwing worcestershire on top.

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

The funny thing about this legit perspective is it’s not exclusive to the left by any means. Many on the right have issues with Walmart and Amazon but shiny objects keep preventing cooperation. Cable news and partisan grifters are doing this country zero good.

Both parties should have a huge problem with Walmart using welfare funds to subsidize their payroll. But the hyper partisanship that doesn't even allow for the two sides to acknowledge the same problem is the same system that allows it to continue. 

4 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

That's just it . . . I think Franken said she could not consent to the joke . .  to the objectification or whatever.  

If you have a quote that he mentioned contact, I would like to see it.

I linked to the article with the consent quote:

"I am ashamed of that photo," Franken told Minnesota Public Radio. "She didn’t have any ability to consent. She had every right to feel violated by that photo. I have apologized to her. I was very grateful that she accepted my apology. That is all I can say. My intent doesn’t matter. What matters is that she felt the way she felt from this photo and for that I am ashamed.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sen-franken-embarassed-groping-claims-rebuild-trust/story?id=51394106

She was asleep, but she thinks he grabbed her breasts:

“You knew exactly what you were doing,” Tweeden wrote in a blog post. “You forcibly kissed me without my consent, grabbed my breasts while I was sleeping and had someone take a photo of you doing it, knowing I would see it later and be ashamed.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/11/16/al-franken-kissed-and-groped-me-without-my-consent-broadcaster-leeann-tweeden-says/

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

My elbows and knees ache just watching that. I don't know if this is the actual sport or just a way for the wrestling teams to cardio train but doing this on hardwood seems like less than a good idea

Since I started back skating a couple years ago, I found my body can't take the falls anymore like when I was in my 20's. I was even hesitant dropping in on 12ft vert but I slide on my knees pads if I feel like I can't land the trick coming down.

@Corn Pop finally came 

20210302-142032.jpg

8 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Amazon has surely destroyed a thousand times over the number of jobs they've actually created.

Walmart exists to keep thier employees near the poverty line and **** them yall know I hate them and refuse to shop there but at least they've provided work for millions across every single state

Whereas I couldn't boycott Amazon even if I wanted to (not without serious inconvenience anyway):sadwave:

We're just far too integrated into our personal and overall economies 

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

A creepy old dude who is the governor of New York state.  He probably thinks he's untouchable given his position. The look on this woman's face says it all.  She wanted no part of it, it's not like he just used a gross pickup line on her. 

42xqk1cyjik61.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Almost looks like a vampire 

The Biden administration will look to offer options for reunification inside the U.S. between parents and children separated under the Trump administration’s zero-tolerance policy on illegal immigration, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in a news briefing Monday.

“We are dedicating our resources throughout the Department of Homeland Security and the federal government, and bringing our full weight to bear, to reunite children who were cruelly separated from their parents,” said Secretary Mayorkas, who serves as the Chair of the Task Force.  “It is our moral imperative to not only reunite the families, but to provide them with the relief, resources, and services they need to heal.”

42 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I linked to the article with the consent quote:

"I am ashamed of that photo," Franken told Minnesota Public Radio. "She didn’t have any ability to consent. She had every right to feel violated by that photo. I have apologized to her. I was very grateful that she accepted my apology. That is all I can say. My intent doesn’t matter. What matters is that she felt the way she felt from this photo and for that I am ashamed.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sen-franken-embarassed-groping-claims-rebuild-trust/story?id=51394106

She was asleep, but she thinks he grabbed her breasts:

“You knew exactly what you were doing,” Tweeden wrote in a blog post. “You forcibly kissed me without my consent, grabbed my breasts while I was sleeping and had someone take a photo of you doing it, knowing I would see it later and be ashamed.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/11/16/al-franken-kissed-and-groped-me-without-my-consent-broadcaster-leeann-tweeden-says/

And she is full of ****.

The one thing we SHOULD be able to agree with is that he did not GRAB her breasts.  

Why was she posting a USO pic with Franken on her Twitter account?  

It isn't like she did not have more USO pics to chose from?

https://www.google.com/search?q=leeann+tweeden+uso&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS825US825&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=L_YE6UEceKQTpM%2CRTT90u77y0KcXM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kTna82GMe3V-8yWECqE4kH2o814Eg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjwj8Cjq5LvAhVymeAKHYFiA2AQ9QF6BAgMEAE&biw=1680&bih=938#imgrc=L_YE6UEceKQTpM

ROGER STONE???

On November 16, 2017, talk-radio host Leeann Tweeden alleged in a blog post and an interview with her radio station, 790 KABC, that Franken forcibly kissed her on a 2006 USO tour during a rehearsal for a skit. She wrote, "I said 'OK' so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively  stuck his tongue in my mouth."[117] She said she pushed him away, feeling "disgusted and violated".[117] Longtime Donald Trump associate Roger Stone circulated news of the allegations to right-wing media.[118]

She is overplaying her hand ("grabbed"??) because she is playing politics.  She IS a right wing political hack.  This is fact.  Based on the entirety of the situation, what is really going on here?

Read this article . .. .https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/29/the-case-of-al-franken (New Yorker is highly factual but Left Bias, Outside "The Green" but just barely https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-yorker/

Franken got caught up in the "believe/me too" wave.  If there was credible complaints, which I think there were. Fine.  He needed to go.  But NOT for Tweeden and NOT before countless others should have gone first.

And THAT is why Roger Stone was spreading the story around like a prairie fire.

If you Google Al Franken Leann Tweeden limiting the search between 2006 and October 2016, you won't find anything other than pictures or references to their USO tour.  

I fully realize I am breaking certain rules here.   The problem with the "Believe Her" movement is that it invites this kind of thing.  The only thing more insidious than child abuse is when parents start making false claims about it during divorce proceedings.  My view is that it should be "believe her . . . unless there are **** good reason not to, then have a fair hearing."  

Someone is lying here.  I think it the one who looked at the notorious picture and said she felt "violated" because Franken 'GRABBED" her breasts. Because the "grabbing" part is clearly a lie.

3 hours ago, Sponge said:

I know I praised the USPS when Trump tried to defund them but they just lost a $1,200 doppler board I shipped out. Just got off the phone with the postmaster and she was no help, all she did was check the tracking (which shows it was never picked up). I'm about to get postal on the postal.

**** USPS, **** Amazon, **** UPS. Fed Ex is alright. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)