The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)

1 minute ago, HolyMoses said:

What is cupping?  Is it pretending to touch?  Is it maybe barely touching accidentally as you look at the camera?  Is it intentionally making light contact?  Is it actually putting pressure?

I swear to God I feel like Chris Hanson right now.

• Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Yo,  if this happens I'm driving to Flowery Branch and fighting someone. 

Posted Images

My grandpa used to watch ABC World News every single night too till Hannity or whoever convinced him it was propaganda (which theres an argument for about network news but not in the way Fox News grandpas mean it)

1 minute ago, HolyMoses said:

What is cupping?  Is it pretending to touch?  Is it maybe barely touching accidentally as you look at the camera?  Is it intentionally making light contact?  Is it actually putting pressure?

I'm not saying you can do any of these things.  I AM saying that given the context, if it was the first two, it  . . . 

I'll say this.  If that was my son, and he was wearing crotch protection over his underwear and fatigues and he had been on tour with Franken and it was the first two  (accidental light touching at worse) I would have no problem with it.  

And if it was my daughter, same answer.

giphy.webp

2 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Do you guys let a pot roast come to room temp before baking? Or is it ok to bake w/ a chill?

What temp are you going for?

Are you wanting like medium rare or do you want it super tender cooked through?

If you are going for a medium rare then let it get to room temp.

If it is going to be one of those low and slow type deals then it does not matter.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

What temp are you going for?

Are you wanting like medium rare or do you want it super tender cooked through?

If you are going for a medium rare then let it get to room temp.

If it is going to be one of those low and slow type deals then it does not matter.

Thanks man. I like it fully cooked, low and slow. 

Another question, what seasonings go great on it?

16 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Do you guys let a pot roast come to room temp before baking? Or is it ok to bake w/ a chill?

I prefer to let any meat preferably come up to room temp, or at least warm up from being in the fridge, before cooking, roasts included.  I don't think it will hurt it, may just add a couple of minutes to the cook time.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Depends on what you like.

Are you roasting it dry or are you braising it in a liquid?

I was going to put it in a roasting pot w/ onions, potatoes, carrots, and mushroom. So I'm guessing dry. And what temp would be good? It's 2.5 pounds btw

32 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

There was some *** grabbing.  At least there were allegations of *** grabbing during pictures . .  one was at a State Fair or something.  If you subscribe to the believe women perspective, which I think you should, then the actual *** grabbing is grounds for bouncing him (and anyone else.)  There were no allegations of anyone he worked with in the Senate but one coworker on SNL said he over rehearsed a stage kiss.

But the picture was nothing.

@Mr. Hoopah! Lee Travino can shake his head all he wants.  But NO WAY is Al Franken sexually assaulting her in that picture.  Again, it COULD be considered sexual harassment because he is objectifying her with the joke.  But it way before he was a politician.  It was when he was a . . . comedian.  I sincerely hope that this is not your breast fondling technique.  He's making a joke.  That's why he is mugging for the camera etc . . .  

I didn't say that he sexually assaulted her.  It was inappropriate, and the two people best able to judge that, Tweeden and Franken, agree with me.  She accepted his apology, which is good, but it doesn't undo the fact that it was inappropriate in the first place.  

When Franken said she couldn't consent, to me that suggested that he didn't deny that his fingers came into contact with the flak jacket.  He didn't say that she couldn't have consented to appearing for that photo op, in which he was miming sexual contact. 

Just now, Sponge said:

I was going to put it in a roasting pot w/ onions, potatoes, carrots, and mushroom. So I'm guessing dry. And what temp would be good? It's 2.5 pounds btw

I like to use fresh thyme mixed in with the veggies.

If you are going for that low and slow ,I would say 325 for about 2-2.5 hours.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)