The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)

12 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I understand that but that does not mean that we have to take a qb at 4.

In fact of the 4 QBs in the championship games none of them were drafted in the top 5.

2 were drafted in the top 10 but one of them (the best of them) was actually a trade up.

I absolutely think we can still win a SB with MR. He just needs time in the pocket. That's why I won't be mad if we stay put and select Sewell. But I'd also like to take back to the teens and get MR the RB he needs to take the load off- Najee Harris.

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

@Sponge @Corn Pop the toddler and my brother's murder-dog love each other so much

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I want to go BPA or trade back because we desperately need defensive depth. If Fields is at 4, then I think you take him, depending on who is still available he may or may not be BPA, but I don't think you can pass on an heir apparent to your soon to be 36 year old QB that's a homegrown talent.  If Fields goes to the Jets and Wilson and Lance are available, I don't want either at 4.  I think I'm back to not wanting Wilson at all, and Lance has a high ceiling, but I don't know that I want to use a top 10 pick on him.

Trade back? Depends on how far as to who - in the top 10, have to look at the Northwestern OL, I think Surtain and Farley are a toss up and we need CB help (though I'd hate to get into the trufant/rocky situation of them needing to get paid at the same time 4 years in), or further back Najee is intriguing, and even further back the OLB from Tulsa since we'll be running a multiple front defense.

I think our championship window has closed, but I also think Smith's outside zone offensive scheme is going to rejuvenate Matt's career for a year or two and help out our existing OL and hopefully get us back to a more balanced attack. 

What's up w/ Wilson?

11 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

my sweet summer children

We're stuck with Matt and Julio because of cap hits, it's too expensive to cut or trade either of them, moreso Matt (even after June 1). I have no problem with drafting his heir apparent to sit and learn, but he costs too much to be dealt or sit on the bench while an OL adapting to a new (albeit more friendly) scheme gets a rookie smashed.  And if he really has lost his edge/"it" factor and plays like ****, bench him later in the season and see what the new kid can do.

I'm not set on a first round QB, I wouldn't mind a day 2 project like Mond.

10 minutes ago, Sponge said:

What's up w/ Wilson?

Overhyped, everyone fell in love with him even after losing to Coastal Carolina because Fields took a more public beating by Alabama (despite him beating Clemson after probably getting a cracked rib).

44 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I absolutely think we can still win a SB with MR. He just needs time in the pocket. That's why I won't be mad if we stay put and select Sewell. But I'd also like to take back to the teens and get MR the RB he needs to take the load off- Najee Harris.

Maybe after Brady retires.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Overhyped, everyone fell in love with him even after losing to Coastal Carolina because Fields took a more public beating by Alabama (despite him beating Clemson after probably getting a cracked rib).

A scouting director for an NFL team told Walter Football that Wilson “has character concerns, rich kid who is an entitled brat – uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all.”

3 minutes ago, Sn4ttBack said:

Maybe after Brady retires.

Probably unfortunately true. Brady is the ultimate FA draw right now, we all assumed JJ Watt is gonna go play with his brothers in Pitt or near home in GB, but my money is on him going to Tampa to chase a title, assuming Shaq Barrett becomes too expensive.

2 hours ago, The Monarch said:

Bullets really come packed like that? At first glance I thought those were bags of beans. 

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

What's the consensus here about picking a QB at 4? or do you guys want BPA/trade back?

You take the tackle if he’s there. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Probably unfortunately true. Brady is the ultimate FA draw right now, we all assumed JJ Watt is gonna go play with his brothers in Pitt or near home in GB, but my money is on him going to Tampa to chase a title, assuming Shaq Barrett becomes too expensive.

If we can't affrod Barrett, we can't afford Watt. We also have to re-up Suh on the DL. And a ton of other guys who are up this year. I'd be shocked if we're aggressive in the FA market,

2 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

If we can't affrod Barrett, we can't afford Watt. We also have to re-up Suh on the DL. And a ton of other guys who are up this year. I'd be shocked if we're aggressive in the FA market,

Barrett is 28 and just got a ring.  If Watt wants a run at a championship, I think he would take a one or two year deal that worked out money wise. He can go command a mint from some team dumb enough to give him a huge contract, but he seems like a pretty stand up guy and I believe him when he says he wants to go to a contender.

GB and Pitt can be viewed as contenders as well, but Rodgers and Ben look older than Brady despite Brady being born before either of them at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Barrett is 28 and just got a ring.  If Watt wants a run at a championship, I think he would take a one or two year deal that worked out money wise. He can go command a mint from some team dumb enough to give him a huge contract, but he seems like a pretty stand up guy and I believe him when he says he wants to go to a contender.

GB and Pitt can be viewed as contenders as well, but Rodgers and Ben look older than Brady despite Brady being born before either of them at the moment.

I'm not saying Tom Brady harvests and consumes mass quantities of adrenochrome in vampiric rituals that keep him young and able. I'm NOT saying that.

Some things just don't need to be said.

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

What's the consensus here about picking a QB at 4? or do you guys want BPA/trade back?

I say trade down.  Ryan still has a few years left, and the Falcons have some other needs.  I'm not sold on any QBs in this draft other than Lawrence and Fields, if not, trade down and fill other holes/areas of need.

4. Atlanta Falcons: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

One of my personal favorite fits. Justin Fields and the Falcons are a great mesh together. Fields fits the Arthur Smith offense about as well as you could ask a guy to fit it.

He can push the ball vertically with ease. His physical arm talent combined with the polished goods he brings to the table is the second-best in the class behind Trevor Lawrence. Fields can open up the ground game with his legs as well. He may be seeing his stock fall to some people, but Fields and Atlanta are a match made in heaven.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-4-round-farabaugh-february/

send it 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)