The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Southern California Liar

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellas I'm fully vaccinated as of today.

Mom's rapid test was negative.  So relieved.  Was going through all kinds of worrisome scenarios in my head all morning.  I talked to her while she was still waiting, she was convinced she didn't

Posted Images

1 minute ago, The Great American said:

What's inside a womb is not living?  Interesting! 

Not what, but he or she, and yes they are living inside the womb. However, abortions aren't contagious, and a narcissistic reality tv show host didn't blow up the team and playbook designed to deal with abortions, start a culture war over the most effective way to prevent abortions, botch a vaccine rollout despite getting the vaccine developed in record time for abortions, etc . . .

So, you know, not the same.

4 minutes ago, The Great American said:

I think it's gone down some but that was the number the web gave me.   

Are you willing to increase the funding needed to address the issue?  More money to parents.  More help with education, more to the welfare system in general.  What about the orphaned kids?  How will we make them successful?

7 minutes ago, The Great American said:

What's inside a womb is not living?  Interesting! 

It's alive in the same sense that a tumor is.

Now, we can debate *when* it becomes a human. Like, the exact moment. For all intents and purposes, the moment the fetus becomes "viable" outside of the womb, we could say it's a human. But, prior to that, it's simply a bunch of cells that are entirely dependent on the host body for survival.

For example... Let say, mom has a heart attack and dies. Assuming Doctors were ready to remove the fetus, Could the baby survive if it was removed? If the answer was no, then the "baby" was simply part of the mother. If it could, then it's a human. By all measures, that's 24 weeks of gestation. For the record, I don't think anyone is "pro-abortion". They just don't want a bunch of old white dudes telling them what they have to do with their body. And frankly, you have no right to judge anyone.

I'll say this, if my wife ends up pregnant, we're pulling the ol' Harry Potter "Fetus Deletus" as soon as possible. Couple of reason, and in no particular order...

1. We like what we have. We like our set-up. We like our 2 kids. We are satisfied with our family.

2. The world doesn't need more people, it needs less.

3. And this is really the kicker... When my daughter was born, my wife had an aortic aneurysm. She had the baby, came home, then was admitted right back to the ER. She was in for about a week and a half. Mayo Clinic couldn't figure it out. They flew in doctors from PA to try to figure it out. Come to find out, it was caused by her body retaining fluids due to the pregnancy. You know how a pregnant woman's ankles swell? Yeah, that, only her heart and aorta. If it would've ruptured, they wouldn't be able to cut her open fast enough to fix it. Another pregnancy would almost certainly make me a widower. My kids wouldn't have their mom.

So, yeah, fetus deletus for us. She's fixed, but on the off chance that it ever happens, we're going to the clinic, I'll dress up like a gottamm wizard, and poof that thing out of existence.

13 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Cancer cells are living cells, should we not remove those either? Or should we actually give the human host bodily autonomy to what they want done inside their own body. 

This is what always kills me. The Anti-choice people almost exclusively feel that way because of the "gift from god" idea. But the second they have a cancerous mass, they're calling the doc for chemo and surgery. Gotta get rid of it.

If it's "god's plan" in one scenario, it's most definitely "god's plan" in the second...

6 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

Y'all don't have to fall for it. It's not a coincidence that he didn't really talk about abortion at all that I can recall over the last four years. 

It's an issue that a lot of people feel strongly about one way or the other.  Just look at the responses.  Some people consider an unborn baby as a mass of tissue similar to cancer.  Others believe life begins at conception.  

I do really like that the last Trump thread to survive is going to be permanently titled "The Joe Biden Presidency Thread." For the time being it's really funny to perform forms of Trump erasure like that. Probably won't be funny forever but you take what you can get when you can get it.

3 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Amazing how he has already fallen out of the consciousness of America just that fast! 

Lindsey Graham said Trump will be a major part of the Republican Party for years to come. I see this causing the R party to lose even more power. If they try and keep a thumb on Trump he'll just form a 3rd party.

3 minutes ago, The Great American said:

It's an issue that a lot of people feel strongly about one way or the other.  Just look at the responses.  Some people consider an unborn baby as a mass of tissue similar to cancer.  Others believe life begins at conception.  

I think it’s more a matter of perception and reality. What people believe about abortion or when life really begins is largely subjective and there are valid reasons for and against. Covid causing untold heartache and suffering, destroying the economy (everywhere), overloading our healthcare system is not really subjective is it?

Seems very argumentative and frankly ignorant to bring up abortion numbers in a conversation about a pandemic that is killing grown adults. More than 2 million adults worldwide currently. 

11 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

Lindsey Graham said Trump will be a major part of the Republican Party for years to come. I see this causing the R party to lose even more power. If they try and keep a thumb on Trump he'll just form a 3rd party.

Trump is going to be busy will legal problems ,his protection is fading fast.

12 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5026133

Yep... But only the people on one side of the discussion is trying to force the other to live by their  opinion on the matter.

51 minutes ago, lostone said:

Are you willing to increase the funding needed to address the issue?  More money to parents.  More help with education, more to the welfare system in general.  What about the orphaned kids?  How will we make them successful?

^^^ Until I see the so-called pro life crowd put their money where their mouth is when it comes this subject, I can never take them seriously. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: School Ties (1992)