The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: Michael Clayton (2007)

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Aleksandr sportolli

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mom's rapid test was negative.  So relieved.  Was going through all kinds of worrisome scenarios in my head all morning.  I talked to her while she was still waiting, she was convinced she didn't

Yo,  if this happens I'm driving to Flowery Branch and fighting someone. 

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

How can you say they are the same then act like you don’t know about one of them?

if you think they are remotely the same I would suggest you’re consuming some bs info about them.

Well for one Capt. Communist, I didn't compare AOC to the Q lady. That was the white knight rabbit hole laying down their own dots then connecting them. 

And second, I still don't know who MBT specifically is besides coming to the conclusion in the past 20 min that she a internet Q lady.

Third, I notice the past few months you only quote me to be a smartass. 

@Aleksandr sportolli Found this on their site. I was looking for the Google audio pronunciation but there isn't one.

Another thing for visitors to Senoia to note: Although you might think that Senoia would most likely be pronounced "Seh-noy-yuh", don't be fooled. Locals here simply call it "Seh-noy." If you want to stand out like a sore thumb, feel free to mispronounce Senoia. No one will say anything, but every one will know you are not a "local"!

My uncle lived there 40 years and pronounced it Seh-noy-yuh. 

It took forever to get my mom the vaccine up near where she lives in Cobb. We were waking up crazy early to call try and get them online before they ran out, calling everywhere, putting her on tons of waiting lists, etc. Eventually had to get her one in Gwinnet, which was a bit difficult for her given her condition, but glad she's gotten her first.

Meanwhile, in parts of south Georgia so few people are getting them that some places are having trouble giving them away. It's to the point they're letting some of us folks from Florida come up an get them so long as we help care for an elderly person in some way. I felt really bad about signing up, but they assured me it was ok, said they literally have to walk around the store at the end of each day trying to give them away. They have plenty of empty sign-up slots basically every day. It's crazy.

20 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Well for one Capt. Communist, I didn't compare AOC to the Q lady. That was the white knight rabbit hole laying down their own dots then connecting them. 

And second, I still don't know who MBT specifically is besides coming to the conclusion in the past 20 min that she a internet Q lady.

Third, I notice the past few months you only quote me to be a smartass. 

1 hour ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

AOC tends to get on my nerves nowadays and I'm not even sure it's her fault. Just over exposure.

But I'd love to hear how if you remove the cause how MTG and AOC are really the same.

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

same hate propaganda, different cause. You just now need to decide which race and religion holds the blame. That's what politicians do. But you're knee deep in the **** and gotta choose a side. 

you literally compared them and then acted like you don't know one which is kinda the point. And yeah, I'm sorry if you get dog piled for saying some dumb "they the same" bs about one person who tries to help people and another who's entire thing is basically hating people.  But thanks for the cool nickname anyway.

7 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

It took forever to get my mom the vaccine up near where she lives in Cobb. We were waking up crazy early to call try and get them online before they ran out, calling everywhere, putting her on tons of waiting lists, etc. Eventually had to get her one in Gwinnet, which was a bit difficult for her given her condition, but glad she's gotten her first.

Meanwhile, in parts of south Georgia so few people are getting them that some places are having trouble giving them away. It's to the point they're letting some of us folks from Florida come up an get them so long as we help care for an elderly person in some way. I felt really bad about signing up, but they assured me it was ok, said they literally have to walk around the store at the end of each day trying to give them away. They have plenty of empty sign-up slots basically every day. It's crazy.

It's fine man. We consider that part of Georgia Northern Florida anyway 

18 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

you literally compared them and then acted like you don't know one which is kinda the point. And yeah, I'm sorry if you get dog piled for saying some dumb "they the same" bs about one person who tries to help people and another who's entire thing is basically hating people.  But thanks for the cool nickname anyway.

No I didn't literally compare them. 

No need to be sorry for a dogpile, it's ok.  I've done 5 1/2 tours in Afghanistan being dogpiled on by the Taliban/Al Qaeda from both sides of a valley. I think I can handle a few forum jabs. 

5 minutes ago, Sponge said:

No I didn't literally compare them. 

No need to be sorry for a dogpile, it's ok.  I've done 5 1/2 tours in Afghanistan being dogpiled on by the Taliban/Al Qaeda from both sides of a valley. I think I can handle a few forum jabs. 

Do you...do you not know what a comparison is?

“same hate propaganda, different cause.”

5 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Do you...do you not know what a comparison is?

“same hate propaganda, different cause.”

Yep. I compared the far right and far left when taking away their cause. Didn't mention anyone specific. I think I've made myself clear on this and don't wish to engage you anymore down this rabbit hole. Good day sir.

6 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

@Leon Troutskywhats the modern day view on the horseshoe theory? 

I don’t think anybody in political science actually uses it and it’s more of a talking point than an actual social science theory.  It certainly doesn’t make any predictions or hypotheses about real-world politics.  

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I don’t think anybody in political science actually uses it and it’s more of a talking point than an actual social science theory.  It certainly doesn’t make any predictions or hypotheses about real-world politics.  

So we're not talking about throwing horse shoes 🙁 It's way more fun than a political theory. Just don't be the idiot who buys the plastic horseshoe set at Walmart. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: Michael Clayton (2007)