The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: Michael Clayton (2007)

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Aleksandr sportolli

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yo,  if this happens I'm driving to Flowery Branch and fighting someone. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

It's an important law. To be honest, I was more than willing to deal with 15 slackards since it meant that 10 or so who really needed it got the time to handle their conditions. It wouldn't have been so bad if the abusers weren't so blatant about it.

The funny part of it was that when they applied for it, they would ask me what they needed the paperwork to note in order to abuse it to the fullest (my words, not theirs) and I was required by HR to tell them.

I feel that. Slackers are the worst. 

Irrelevant side thought.  We had alot of people leave our plant to run work for Amazon in Newnan. They barely wanted to do easy work. I wonder how they're holding up there. 

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

FWIW, I see nurses in their 20s busting their ***** every day working long hours, being underpaid, and buried so deep in student debt they can't have much of a life outside of work. 

Olds like me calling the young generation lazy is a trope as old as time, and it's usually inaccurate. They have as much a stake in this world as I do. If they come into it seeing less opportunity and more despair, then it's probably the fault of previous generations.

It should be funny to hear people who make $300,000 behind a desk suggest that somebody digging a dtich should be happy doing it for $7.25 an hour. But it's not.

People say Don't hate the player, hate the game but it's the only game to be played and the rules don't change. Ever.

12 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Mmmm yeah those sweet, sweet 60k assistant professor salaries :lol:

If things pan out, I'll be able to live comfortably doing something I love. Great benefits too. That's all I really want in a job. 

Yeah, but after 12 years of hustling you move up to full professor making 75k like a baller!

By the way, not sure how much (if any) help I can be depending on what field you’re studying, but hit me up if you have any questions or whatnot about academia, dissertations, the job market, etc.  

3 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I started out being a do-boy, carrying lumber on a job site, making $6 an hour in 95'. 

My first real steady paycheck was  for $7 a hour in sacramento in 99 working for a hauling company .

My shady *** boss classified me as an independent contractor so he did not have to pay benefits or anyt.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

My first real steady paycheck was  for $7 a hour in sacramento in 99 working for a hauling company .

My shady *** boss classified me as an independent contractor so he did not have to pay benefits or anyt.

The worst job I ever had was working for a moving company. You already know how awful it is to move your stuff into a new house. It's even worse when you have to help a friend move. But moving a stranger's **** is the absolute worst. I remember one guy had an entire home gym in his basement....

3 minutes ago, Sponge said:

The worst job I ever had was working for a moving company. You already know how awful it is to move your stuff into a new house. It's even worse when you have to help a friend move. But moving a stranger's **** is the absolute worst. I remember one guy had an entire home gym in his basement....

Moving a friends **** is the worst cause your likely getting paid with beer and pizza 

12 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Yeah...my boss would volunteer us to help his friends move.

We still got paid but yeah....that **** Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

12 minutes ago, Sponge said:

My wife has woke up in the middle of the night to find me laying there awake. And when she asked why I'm still awake, I didn't lie to her. I told her I keep thinking and the #4 draft spot and if we're gonna draft Matt Ryan's replacement. True story. 

My 20 year old dog likes to thousand yard stare at the wall in the middle of the night. Just laying there with her eyes open unblinking and I have always poke her to see if shes given up the ghost and she just grunts at me in annoyed dog.

She too is probably thinking about Matt Ryan

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: Michael Clayton (2007)