The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: Michael Clayton (2007)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Aleksandr sportolli

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Sponge @Corn Pop the toddler and my brother's murder-dog love each other so much

Posted Images

Pentagon report warns of threat from white supremacists inside the military

A Defense Department report highlights disturbing examples of white supremacy inside the military, calling for changes in how the department screens recruits for possible ties to domestic extremism.

The report, which the Trump administration drafted last year before the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, was sent to Congress in October, but it has not been made public until now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/pentagon-report-warns-threat-white-supremacists-inside-military-n1258871

Yeah, I've been sitting in a lot of meetings regarding this. Waiting for new directives from the new Sec Def.

13 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

lol don’t you literally get paid to know this stuff?

Nope, at least not the intricacies of Senate legislative procedures.  Not my area of specialization.  And legislative process is so arcane and tedious that even experts in that area get it wrong sometimes.  

But funny attempt at a dunk from a guy who apparently gets all of his political info from random Twitter personalities and celebrities like comedians and actors.  You didn’t even know that “Sal The Agorist” was an anti-mask and anti-vaxxer nutjob, so don’t sit here and pretend like you know f*** all about this topic.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Nope, at least not the intricacies of Senate legislative procedures.  Not my area of specialization.  And legislative process is so arcane and tedious that even experts in that area get it wrong sometimes.  

But funny attempt at a dunk from a guy who apparently gets all of his political info from random Twitter personalities and celebrities like comedians and actors.  You didn’t even know that “Sal The Agorist” was an anti-mask and anti-vaxxer nutjob, so don’t sit here and pretend like you know f*** all about this topic.

I’m glad left Twitter nobody @pareene was able to educate you on how things work.

The Republican Party has poured kerosene out of a made in China container labeled with the Trump brand on itself and in a circle around itself, it lit the match, dropped it at the outer edge of the kerosene, and democrats are rolling around in the kerosene soaking it up before the flames get to the republicans. 

2 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

I’m glad left Twitter nobody @pareene was able to educate you on how things work.

Alex Pareene didn’t know that either.  He got it from other sources, including an article from The Week as well as comments from members of Congress.  (Unlike you, I actually read the articles that people post here.)  

Stick with eating *** and animal videos.  You have nothing of substance to offer to the political discussions.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Alex Pareene didn’t know that either.  He got it from other sources, including an article from The Week as well as comments from members of Congress.  (Unlike you, I actually read the articles that people post here.)  

Stick with eating *** and animal videos.  You have nothing of substance to offer to the political discussions.

Left Twitter: 1

Professor Trout: 0

1 minute ago, Corn Pop said:

Left Twitter: 1

Professor Trout: 0

Part of being a professional is admitting when you occasionally make mistakes.  You sound like that loud-mouthed shrimpy little kid hiding behind the bleachers shouting “YEAH” every time his team does something as though you had anything to do with it.  It’s just sad and pathetic.

42 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

good thread. won't post it all

It's not even just horror movies.  In the original Conan the Barbarian, early on Conan wanders upon a cabin in the middle of the woods inhabited by a beautiful woman, and of course they quickly skip foreplay and start having sex, only for her to reveal herself as a demonic witch and he throws her into the fireplace, only for her to assume a spirit form and leave the cabin.

If you think about it, it's a pretty realistic and non-misgoynistic depiction of men being mindlessly willing to ******* any woman of age they come across, often leading to disastrous consequences. While it's not great to always have to portray them as demons/witches/evil spirits/murderers, it's nonetheless sort of an empowering image for women to use men's sexuality against them.

3 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

Jesus. Just ignore each other and move on.

All I’m saying is that the guy spends years posting RT.com articles, edited videos, and memes from anti-vax nutjobs and then is all “YEAH WE SHOWED HIM” when somebody mixes up a minor detail about the arcane parliamentary procedures in the Senate.  The guy who thought Nicolas Maduro was democratically elected shouldn’t be popping his mouth off about political discussions.

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Just a hypothetical. Does anyone here think for one instant that if McConnell and the GOP had a 50+1 majority, they would let the senate parliamentarian keep them from passing one of their tax cuts for billionaires? 

It wouldn't have even slowed him down. 

Replace speed with power and here you go

05611ec2eac984f1189cf6daf40aa35f.png

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: Michael Clayton (2007)