The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: Michael Clayton (2007)

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• Aleksandr sportolli

• Leon Troutsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yo,  if this happens I'm driving to Flowery Branch and fighting someone. 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Tough to play QB w/o a throwing arm.  Brees was damaged.

I mean, screw him.  Screw the Saints.  

But he had no chance.  No idea why Peyton played him.*

*Fan service

Seriously, the QB vs QB in-game discussion is so stupid IMO. If Tom Brady played for the Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes played for Tampon Bay, the Super Bowl would have ended the exact same way.

9 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

*Fan service

Seriously, the QB vs QB in-game discussion is so stupid IMO. If Tom Brady played for the Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes played for Tampon Bay, the Super Bowl would have ended the exact same way.

That's interesting.

You are probably correct about the Superbowl.  When you have relatively equal QB's, and fairly similar talent, good coaching will win.  The Bucs had superior coaching in the SB, although Andy Reed is pretty good.  The difference might have actually been health of O line

Sean Payton can make up for a pretty big talent discrepency.  

Same with Belichick.  "He can take his in and beat your in.  Or take yours in and beat his in."  OR . . . he can take urine and beat yours in.

Then you have folks like Aaron Rogers, who can keep his team in games by sheer talent, even if the Packers are outcoached and out classed.  The Packer team that the Falcons played in the NFC Championship game was woeful.  It's a miracle that Rogers got them there.

So QB talent matters.  Not to the extent folks make it out to, but it matters.  And it mattered that Brees was a mess.  Different game with Sinton or Hill.

1 hour ago, lostone said:

Gotdammit Biden... why would you do this?!  

It’s just about her testifying after she left her position and has to do with executive privilege, not with any of the actual policies (which Biden promised to reverse).  Just another dumb Twitter hot take by the usual suspect...

Alsup, a Clinton appointee, at that time took the unusual step of authorizing the depositions of up to five Education Department officials to allow the class of student borrowers to probe the Trump administration’s decision to deny the claims and its months-long delays in processing them.

Alsup’s order had explicitly prohibited the deposition of Secretary DeVos. But after she resigned, the judge noted in a new one-paragraph order that he had imposed “no such restriction on Citizen DeVos” and said the plaintiffs were free to subpoena her.

Attorneys for the student borrowers late last month followed through with that demand, seeking DeVos’ testimony in a virtual deposition on Feb. 25.

In the joint filing by DeVos’ personal attorney and the DOJ, the lawyers said it was an “extraordinary request” for the student borrowers to seek the deposition of a former Cabinet secretary, who they said are usually shielded from having to testify about official actions.

They argued that the student borrowers have not shown that DeVos’ testimony is essential to their case and that they’ve exhausted alternative sources to obtain the information they want from DeVos.

1 minute ago, HolyMoses said:

That's interesting.

You are probably correct about the Superbowl.  When you have relatively equal QB's, and fairly similar talent, good coaching will win.  The Bucs had superior coaching in the SB, although Andy Reed is pretty good.  The difference might have actually been health of O line

Sean Pay can make up for a pretty big talent discrepency.

Same with Belichick.

Then you have folks like Aaron Rogers, who can keep his team in games by sheer talent, even if the Packers are outcoached and out classed.  The Packer team that the Falcons played in the NFC Championship game was woeful.  It's a miracle that Rogers got them there.

So QB talent matters.  Not to the extent folks make it out to, but it matters.  And it mattered that Brees was a mess.  Different game with Sinton or Hill.

Absolutely. But as you say, coaching matters. Sunday night's game proved that almost as much as the Seahawks vs Broncos Super Bowl proved it. In both games, the defenses were just that much more prepared than the offenses. Never saw a game like Seattle vs Denver. I think Rodgers might be the only current QB who could have changed the outcome and I'm not suggesting that he's better than Mahomes; just a different animal. Tampa's defense was just that much better than Kansas City's in that game.

People suggesting that defenses no longer win championships haven't been paying attention. Hopefully, Arthur Smith has.

4 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

The Chiefs lost one starting guard to Canadian socialized medicine before the season started, then another starting guard tore his knee tendons in October, then both starting tackles got hurt. And that’s why you got the Super Bowl you got.

True enough. But they got through the AFC bracket.

Image result for rumsfeld you go to war

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Absolutely. But as you say, coaching matters. Sunday night's game proved that almost as much as the Seahawks vs Broncos Super Bowl proved it. In both games, the defenses were just that much more prepared than the offenses. Never saw a game like Seattle vs Denver. I think Rodgers might be the only current QB who could have changed the outcome and I'm not suggesting that he's better than Mahomes; just a different animal. Tampa's defense was just that much better than Kansas City's in that game.

People suggesting that defenses no longer win championships haven't been paying attention. Hopefully, Arthur Smith has.

The one thing about the Super Bowl is Mahonnes's injury(ies?)  Even with the O Line problems, it would have been interesting to see what he could have created if he was cutting and moving as quickly as he can.  Also, receivers should catch balls thrown to them.

19 hours ago, shc said:

Sorry, I probably should have kept going in that reply.

Well, if he didn’t have an accident, I’d say it was just reaction to the shot. But having an accident adds to it. He’s been nauseous and vomiting, along with chills. So I found out about via his friend from RI (we are in GA) calling me that it happened, because he was talking to him when it happened. So by the time I get down to him, he is walking to his house. The wreck happened about a mile from his house. 

Old neighbour of mine had a jab on Saturday afternoon, had same symptoms that same night, plus heart palpitations.

Speedy recovery to yours.

Trump talking with advisers about moving on from "stop the steal" messaging, sources say

From CNN's Pamela Brown

Former President Trump has been talking with advisers in recent weeks about moving on from his “stop the steal” messaging, once the impeachment trial scrutinizing his inflammatory words ends, sources close to Trump say.

One of the sources says he realizes continuing to push out that messaging would be politically damaging, because talking about the election will only conjure up images of the riots. 

The Trump adviser who has been in touch with the former President in recent days says, “He’s past the election – he understands he needs to be past it.” 

But a separate source close to the Trump team, when asked whether Trump would stick to moving on said, “Good luck with that!” 

In other news, Kyle Shanahan is considering abandoning his "Pass from shotgun rather than off of play action even though everyone is expecting us to run the ball" strategy he executed during the 2nd half of the 2016 Super Bowl.

12 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Trump talking with advisers about moving on from "stop the steal" messaging, sources say

From CNN's Pamela Brown

Former President Trump has been talking with advisers in recent weeks about moving on from his “stop the steal” messaging, once the impeachment trial scrutinizing his inflammatory words ends, sources close to Trump say.

One of the sources says he realizes continuing to push out that messaging would be politically damaging, because talking about the election will only conjure up images of the riots. 

The Trump adviser who has been in touch with the former President in recent days says, “He’s past the election – he understands he needs to be past it.” 

But a separate source close to the Trump team, when asked whether Trump would stick to moving on said, “Good luck with that!” 

In other news, Kyle Shanahan is considering abandoning his "Pass from shotgun rather than off of play action even though everyone is expecting us to run the ball" strategy he executed during the 2nd half of the 2016 Super Bowl.

Translation = The donations have dried up

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

*Fan service

Had Tom been with KC and Patrick on TB, that score would have been much worse. Tom ain't running 497 yards before throwing or whatever that stat was. Tom eats each sack. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Had Tom been with KC and Patrick on TB, that score would have been much worse. Tom ain't running 497 yards before throwing or whatever that stat was. Tom eats each sack. 

Thank you. More to my point. Brady would have been folded up and sent home in a suitcase if he had that defense chasing him.

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Thank you. More to my point. Brady would have been folded up and sent home in a suitcase if he had that defense chasing him.

Not going to lie, to me KC went in with the wrong gameplay. Should have been more quick strikes and running backs used more. You don't play air assault football with both starting tackles out against that front 7

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series Thread: Michael Clayton (2007)