Jump to content

The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread


Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Maybe I'm just interpreting this the wrong way but it basically reads like you know how to get away from everything being held back by Manchin.......how about everything getting held back by multiple senators like him

 

 

If it’s about the filibuster, it’s not a terrible point.  In the next tweet, he talks about Bullock in MT.  But the better analogy is Jon Tester, who can win in a deep red state (MT) but would eliminate the filibuster and votes with Democrats on major legislation most of the time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The media use of the term “reinstatement” a genius counter-maneuver to Trump’s attempt at a second coup because “reinstatement” is not in the Constitution so when Trump talks about being president again and the media calls it “reinstatement”, when August passes and nothing happens the media can point to all of Trump’s supporters and correctly highlight that there is no such thing as “reinstatement” in the Constitution and therefore prove that Trump was lying to them the entire time, which is going to undermine their support of Trump because Trump was telling them something would happen that’s not even in the Constitution.  The media is playing Trump like a fiddle…again.

—Bizarro Serge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not saying that it’s good or bad, just saying that I think Joe Biden is playing the “bipartisanship” thing strategically…making outward gestures of reaching out to the GOP but perfectly ready (maybe even prefers) to move forward with just Dems in the Senate on his agenda.  He’s letting them make counter offers that he knows aren’t going to be acceptable so he can present himself as the one who tried to reach bipartisan agreement….

President Joe Biden rejected a slightly higher infrastructure offer from Senate Republicans on Friday, the latest setback for bipartisan talks. 

In a phone call with the president, Republicans' lead infrastructure negotiator Sen. Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia outlined a new plan with about $50 billion more in spending than the group’s last offer of $257 billion, according to the White House. It was Biden and Capito’s second meeting this week, and they agreed to speak again on Monday.

^^^And the strategy is working because polls show that the public overwhelmingly views Biden as caring more about bipartisanship than Republicans in the House and Senate.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Not saying that it’s good or bad, just saying that I think Joe Biden is playing the “bipartisanship” thing strategically…making outward gestures of reaching out to the GOP but perfectly ready (maybe even prefers) to move forward with just Dems in the Senate on his agenda.  He’s letting them make counter offers that he knows aren’t going to be acceptable so he can present himself as the one who tried to reach bipartisan agreement….

President Joe Biden rejected a slightly higher infrastructure offer from Senate Republicans on Friday, the latest setback for bipartisan talks. 

In a phone call with the president, Republicans' lead infrastructure negotiator Sen. Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia outlined a new plan with about $50 billion more in spending than the group’s last offer of $257 billion, according to the White House. It was Biden and Capito’s second meeting this week, and they agreed to speak again on Monday.

^^^And the strategy is working because polls show that the public overwhelmingly views Biden as caring more about bipartisanship than Republicans in the House and Senate.  

Well it worked with the most recent stimulus.

Biden encouraged bipartisanship..and when the republicans low balled the democrats, they moved forward with a bigger bill that put more money in the hands of the American people.

The biggest problem now is Sinema and Manchin.

I am really hoping that Sinema is primaried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I hate Dimitroff so much 

 

Which is fine....but hate covid more because that is what caused a 26ish million deflation in the cap.

The last time I saw there were only like 5 teams who had space to sign the  rookie  class with out having to clear space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The media use of the term “reinstatement” a genius counter-maneuver to Trump’s attempt at a second coup because “reinstatement” is not in the Constitution so when Trump talks about being president again and the media calls it “reinstatement”, when August passes and nothing happens the media can point to all of Trump’s supporters and correctly highlight that there is no such thing as “reinstatement” in the Constitution and therefore prove that Trump was lying to them the entire time, which is going to undermine their support of Trump because Trump was telling them something would happen that’s not even in the Constitution.  The media is playing Trump like a fiddle…again.

—Bizarro Serge

I invite anyone to engage what I actually said; that's why I said it. It's the stupidest ******* thing in the world for liberals to continue to push Trump's entirely made up conspiracy theories in 2021. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Serge said:

I invite anyone to engage what I actually said; that's why I said it. It's the stupidest ******* thing in the world for liberals to continue to push Trump's entirely made up conspiracy theories in 2021. 

Or is it the smartest ****** thing in the world for liberals to not push his conspiracy theories too little?  You ever thought about that?  

Huh?  Have you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Or is it the smartest ****** thing in the world for liberals to not push his conspiracy theories too little?  You ever thought about that?  

Huh?  Have you?

No it's dumb as ******* dog****. It is choosing to not understand that you're being manipulated by a former game show host that's spent most of the last two decades watching Fox News.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Serge said:

Maggie Haberman didn't even hear him say it herself. No one with a name has ever actually heard him say that he thinks he's going to be reinstated in August. He doesn't even have to call her a liar to deny that he said it. But it's out there now, so now it's going to be a story every time Trump hints at having an idea of what the reporters are talking about when they ask him about the conspiracy theory that he's decided to actually totally believe is real. He's created a feedback loop that keeps his name in the news, and he's going to be accused of attempting to stage a literal coup while he golfs and watches Fox News.

 

14 hours ago, Serge said:

Haven't y'all ever wondered, if Trump is so intellectually insecure, why does he give Maggie Haberman so much access when she talks about him like he doesn't recognize his own reflection? She talks about him like he's a ******* idiot and he loves her. What's up with that?

 

14 hours ago, Serge said:

Btw, it's ******* unfathomable to me that people are saying that we need to be worried that Trump will stage a coup on our government, but we shouldn't worry about Trump doing anything in the meantime to deaden the media impact of staging a real coup, like, I don't know, bull****ting that he was going to try a few times first and letting the media take him at his word every time if that's what they're willing to do.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Serge said:

No it's dumb as ******* dog****. It is choosing to not understand that you're being manipulated by a former game show host that's spent most of the last two decades watching Fox News.

Is he manipulating us or are we manipulating him?  If you gaze too long into a Trumpyss, the Trumpyss also gazes into you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Is he manipulating us or are we manipulating him?  If you gaze too long into a Trumpyss, the Trumpyss also gazes into you.

Don't complain when other people ****post then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey here's another fun question to ponder; why would Mitch McConnell's office leak directly to CNN that he had to ask for a "personal favor" from Republicans to vote against the 1/6 commission? Is one of his aids a mole for the Democrats? Do they just hate his guts? And what revenge would Mitch McConnell seek on this unnamed source that apparently wanted CNN to know that Mitch McConnell was directly involved in 1/6? Will he cut off their ears and sew up their eyes before he cuts their heart out of their chest?

Or is he just doing the exact same move Trump did with Putin during the Mueller investigation, knowing full well that liberal cable news and social media are going to push a conspiracy theory about him that won't be validated by any investigation, which'll ultimately mitigate the damage the Republican party sustains from being connected to 1/6 during election season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...