The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

The covid response thoughts made me have to rethink how every state responded to the pandemic and I'm gonna have to believe that is gonna influence the next election......

Some of y'all like to predict the next Republican candidate and I'm gonna have to kinda jump on @Andrews_31 dark horse pick here and say Larry Hogan. He's definitely Republican but just dangerous enough to capture swing voters. Trump complicates things but that dude is just dangerous enough to move them in a different direction to where they can be a problem for Dems and swing voters.

7 minutes ago, Serge said:

It's stupid as god**** dog**** that liberals still can't figure it out when they're being baited into spreading the exact conspiracy theory that Trump wants them to spread. Literally all they need is for Maggie Haberman to tell them that her sources say Trump believes that he's going to be reinstated, and they'll all take it at face value like they're not cheapening the accusation that he's attempting a coup to base it on something so frivolous that Trump can just deny that he said it.

Stop it with the 59 D chess bs.

Trump is not manipulating anything.

Trump is litterally that unhinged

34 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

That "good man" had a dinner all masks off in the fanciest of restaurants while employing the strictest of restrictions on his constituents.

Asking everyone else to do something you won't/or don't do during the middle of a once in a generation crisis.......failed leadership and at a crucial moment during the crisis. And just for ***** and giggles its at a birthday party for a lobbyist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxla.com/news/fox-11-obtains-exclusive-photos-of-gov-newsom-at-french-restaurant-allegedly-not-following-covid-19-protocols.amp

Fair enough. If the measure of any of us is our failures and not what we do to save others, then none of us is anything close to good. With that being said, nearly every governor in the country is rushing through his/her reopening plans and one of them, who is in the midst of a recall, is employing caution.

Call that what you will.

3 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

The covid response thoughts made me have to rethink how every state responded to the pandemic and I'm gonna have to believe that is gonna influence the next election......

Some of y'all like to predict the next Republican candidate and I'm gonna have to kinda jump on @Andrews_31 dark horse pick here and say Larry Hogan. He's definitely Republican but just dangerous enough to capture swing voters. Trump complicates things but that dude is just dangerous enough to move them in a different direction to where they can be a problem for Dems and swing voters.

I'm telling you, watch out for Hogan.  Black people up here in Maryland that historically vote Democrat proudly voted for him.  I didn't vote for him, but I couldn't vote for my fraternity brother either, so I left it blank. 

42 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Fair enough. If the measure of any of us is our failures and not what we do to save others, then none of us is anything close to good. With that being said, nearly every governor in the country is rushing through his/her reopening plans and one of them, who is in the midst of a recall, is employing caution.

Call that what you will.

I went a year without hugging my mom, you lost your father, and he couldn't go a year without going to a birthday dinner masks off with a lobbyist in the restaurant industry he shut down.

You put yourself in leadership you get judged extra hard. Double so when you put easliy the strictest of restrictions on your people.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Stop it with the 59 D chess bs.

Trump is not manipulating anything.

Trump is litterally that unhinged

56, do you think I'm the one spreading a conspiracy theory right now, by pointing out that Trump is very intentionally starting a conspiracy theory - as he has always done and will do - that is clearly intended to occupy liberal media for the next couple months? This is not 59 D chess. This is a game a human plays with a dog that doesn't have object permanence. 

Just now, Serge said:

56, do you think I'm the one spreading a conspiracy theory right now, by pointing out that Trump is very intentionally starting a conspiracy theory - as he has always done and will do - that is clearly intended to occupy liberal media for the next couple months? This is not 59 D chess. This is a game a human plays with a dog that doesn't have object permanence. 

Yes you are.

As usual you are giving Trump wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much credit.

It would be one thing if this was an isolated deal but it is not.

Trumps stupidity was on full display at the end of last year.

He has pushed so many blatantly false and incredibly stupid ideas that we heard from his own mouth.

He already lost the support of most moderates and independents.

There is literally nothing for him to gain by wanting this out.

Nothing at all.

9 minutes ago, Serge said:

Why the **** do you keep up with the msm so much?

You haven't spoken one word about your actual beliefs for years now, man.

You can't stop what is coming, and you've spent years now just talking about the msm. That's literally all you talk about now. 

**** at least I have a vote when it comes to politics. I have this miniscule amount of power and influence on people I talk to and who I vote for. I stand a miniscule chance of changing this thing instead of completely  focusing on this other thing I think is completely wrong that I have absolutely no influence over.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Yes you are.

As usual you are giving Trump wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much credit.

It would be one thing if this was an isolated deal but it is not.

Trumps stupidity was on full display at the end of last year.

He has pushed so many blatantly false and incredibly stupid ideas that we heard from his own mouth.

He already lost the support of most moderates and independents.

There is literally nothing for him to gain by wanting this out.

Nothing at all.

Maggie Haberman didn't even hear him say it herself. No one with a name has ever actually heard him say that he thinks he's going to be reinstated in August. He doesn't even have to call her a liar to deny that he said it. But it's out there now, so now it's going to be a story every time Trump hints at having an idea of what the reporters are talking about when they ask him about the conspiracy theory that he's decided to actually totally believe is real. He's created a feedback loop that keeps his name in the news, and he's going to be accused of attempting to stage a literal coup while he golfs and watches Fox News.

Just now, Southern California Liar said:

Why the **** do you keep up with the l msm so much?

You haven't spoken one word about your actual beliefs for years now, man.

You can't stop what is coming, and you've spent years now just talking about the msm. That's literally all you talk about now. 

**** at least I have a vote when it comes to politics. I have this miniscule amount of power and influence on people I talk to and who I vote for. I stand a miniscule chance of changing this thing instead of completely  focusing on this other thing I think is completely wrong that I have absolutely no influence over.

You complained about voting for Biden a **** of a lot more than I did. I complain about stupid narratives because those are things I can correct, although obviously without much in the way of exposure.

1 minute ago, Serge said:

Maggie Haberman didn't even hear him say it herself. No one with a name has ever actually heard him say that he thinks he's going to be reinstated in August. He doesn't even have to call her a liar to deny that he said it. But it's out there now, so now it's going to be a story every time Trump hints at having an idea of what the reporters are talking about when they ask him about the conspiracy theory that he's decided to actually totally believe is real. He's created a feedback loop that keeps his name in the news, and he's going to be accused of attempting to stage a literal coup while he golfs and watches Fox News.

His name was already going to be in a feedback loop.

His large adult children/childrens spouse have been all over the tv ever since he was votes out of office.

Again you give a guy who stares directly into solar eclipses and muses openly about injecting bleach into the human body way too credit.

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

You complained about voting for Biden a **** of a lot more than I did. I complain about stupid narratives because those are things I can correct, although obviously without much in the way of exposure.

Because all you ******* talked about was the media. Literally that's all you have ****ing talked about for 5 years now.

Who the **** knows what you believe anymore? We all know you get wrapped up in the media ****.

Tell you what.....show me your last post that wasn't about the media or liberals.

Haven't y'all ever wondered, if Trump is so intellectually insecure, why does he give Maggie Haberman so much access when she talks about him like he doesn't recognize his own reflection? She talks about him like he's a ******* idiot and he loves her. What's up with that?

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

His name was already going to be in a feedback loop.

His large adult children/childrens spouse have been all over the tv ever since he was votes out of office.

Again you give a guy who stares directly into solar eclipses and muses openly about injecting bleach into the human body way too credit.

Not for staging a fake coup in August, no. This is a unique claim. Liberals are saying that he's going to try to take over the government in a couple months despite everyone knowing that he won't. So what happens in a couple months when he doesn't try, and never agreed that he said what she said, and liberals were the only ones (along with Qanon) that thought he was going to try something? It's going to be a conspiracy theory proved wrong, and all those liberals that got invested in it are just going to pretend like nothing happened, just like they do every time.

4 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Because all you ******* talked about was the media. Literally that's all you have ****ing talked about for 5 years now.

Who the **** knows what you believe anymore? We all know you get wrapped up in the media ****.

Tell you what.....show me your last post that wasn't about the media or liberals.

On 6/2/2021 at 8:19 PM, Serge said:

I'll love him forever just for creating the judge and the kid.

Btw, it's ******* unfathomable to me that people are saying that we need to be worried that Trump will stage a coup on our government, but we shouldn't worry about Trump doing anything in the meantime to deaden the media impact of staging a real coup, like, I don't know, bull****ting that he was going to try a few times first and letting the media take him at his word every time if that's what they're willing to do.

5 minutes ago, Serge said:

Not for staging a fake coup in August, no. This is a unique claim. Liberals are saying that he's going to try to take over the government in a couple months despite everyone knowing that he won't. So what happens in a couple months when he doesn't try, and never agreed that he said what she said, and liberals were the only ones (along with Qanon) that thought he was going to try something? It's going to be a conspiracy theory proved wrong, and all those liberals that got invested in it are just going to pretend like nothing happened, just like they do every time.

Except that is not what was reported 

...like at all.

The report is that he thinks that he will be appointed back into office.

Not that he was going to try and stage a coup... which by he nearly already did.

**** even the My pillow *** clown had said Trump probably got the idea from from.

Again there is literally nothing for him to gain by pushing that idea himself

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Except that is not what was reported 

...like at all.

The report is that he thinks that he will be appointed back into office.

Not that he was going to try and stage a coup... which by he nearly already did.

**** even the My pillow *** clown had said Trump probably got the idea from from.

Again there is literally nothing for him to gain by pushing that idea himself

Except that the media's going to spend two months inviting their audience to imagine what he's talking about when he says that he thinks he's going to be "reinstated." Other than creating and then feeding a liberal conspiracy theory that's going to burst into nothingness in a couple months and cheapen all future accusations that the Republicans are trying to take control of the government outright, sure, no problem. Liberals never ****** up anything before by collectively believing too hard in a conspiracy theory, right?

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Every Zaxbys in existence is the evil multiverse ChikfilA of service which is a measure of how tasty thier food is we still all eat there

It's a roulette whether thier going to try to charge you for extra sauce they never gave you or randomly switch your order to boneless. Actually getting napkins is a war of wits 😵

They stare at me if I put more than one lemon slice in my tea.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread