The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Had to do it the hard way

Looks to me like he faked getting knocked out. Probably thinking of a get-rich lawsuit before he fell softly to the floor (notice the left knee bend to cushion the fall)

1 minute ago, Sponge said:

Looks to me like he faked getting knocked out. Probably thinking of a get-rich lawsuit before he fell softly to the floor (notice the left knee bend to cushion the fall)

I don't know. I've seen a dude get caught on the side of his head before and fell similar to that. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Slow and hard 🤣

That girl is going to get fired since she went after him as he was leaving. Probably catch a charge herself. Not saying he didn't deserve it though.

1 minute ago, Sponge said:

That girl is going to get fired since she went after him as he was leaving. Probably catch a charge herself. Not saying he didn't deserve it though.

If that's really in Englewood, it probably wouldn't be the first time she caught a charge. I wouldn't fire though if I was the boss. There'd be a talk though

22 minutes ago, Sponge said:

That's what I'm looking for; laid back and fun. I don't care what the pay is. I feel like I need to manage a Chucky Cheese or something.

You don't have to know how to play an instrument to work at a music store.  99% of the customers don't.  All you have to do is ignore people and look disinterested.  Outside of the times when people actually find a cord to plug in, it's great.

16 minutes ago, Baby Dik Dik said:

You don't have to know how to play an instrument to work at a music store.  99% of the customers don't.  All you have to do is ignore people and look disinterested.  Outside of the times when people actually find a cord to plug in, it's great.

The tyranny of disinterested instrument store employees cannot stand! I'm going to a guitar center today to plug in and play the most ****ty, unskilled music possible. As loudly as possible. For as long as possible.

Solidarity with all guitar buying customers!

2 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

The tyranny of disinterested instrument store employees cannot stand! I'm going to a guitar center today to plug in and play the most ****ty, unskilled music possible. As loudly as possible. For as long as possible.

Solidarity with all guitar buying customers!

Just know that every single employee in the store hates you.

11 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Imagine observing a kosher diet for religious reasons and being told that your son was forced to eat a pepperoni pizza by his football coaches for missing a voluntary workout. The coaches placed the team around him to watch him while making sure he knew that failing to eat it would result in extra work for them. Scum of the Earth got fired for it.

It is easy for me to look back with 2020 hindsight and judge the kid's teammates but I have to remember they learned it from someone, and as an old guy with plenty of regrets about choses I made in my youth I need to keep myself in check. That said, I still wish the story had a part in it where the rest of the team realizing what was happening to their teammate grabbed a slice from the box and munched it down so he didn't have to.  I'm glad the coaches are gone.

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

And this is good news…

The U.S. economy added 559,000 jobs in May, the latest sign of a strengthening recovery as vaccinations rise and covid restrictions ease nationwide.

The unemployment rate dropped slightly from 6.1 percent to 5.8 percent, according to the monthly report, from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The gains were driven strongly by jobs added at restaurants, bars and other food service establishments, which added 186,000 workers in the month.

Go Biden.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread