The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

13 minutes ago, lostone said:

I’m a weird nerdy black guy.  But I think I look decent.  Fortunately I’m married so I don’t really have to find out.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

My mom's the only person who compliments me :(

Yall should go on that thread he's quoting from. I can vouch for both of yalls nerd qualifications.

7 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Surprised M$ didn't buy them. They own Github, VS code, Lynda, Linkedin.  

I am surprised Microsoft hasn’t monetized vscode.  I am an eclipse old head for Java, but I can vscode for other things.  Eclipse does a lot of boiler plate stuff for you where vscode makes me type all that Java crap out.

7 minutes ago, lostone said:

I am surprised Microsoft hasn’t monetized vscode.  I am an eclipse old head for Java, but I can vscode for other things.  Eclipse does a lot of boiler plate stuff for you where vscode makes me type all that Java crap out.

Eclipse, Notepad++, and VSCode are my jam...

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

I don't think they will monetize VS Code, I think just owning that marketshare is important for them, especially since they are  trying to integrate other services like Github and AWS. VS Code is basically the loss leader for those products.

I haven't ever really gotten VS Code to play nice with Java and get those nice IDE features you would get in IntelliJ or Eclipse. I think it is great for TS/JS, Python, and have heard good things about their Go Plugin, but I wish they would he the restart of the Java Plugin. 

20 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I don't think they will monetize VS Code, I think just owning that marketshare is important for them, especially since they are  trying to integrate other services like Github and AWS. VS Code is basically the loss leader for those products.

I haven't ever really gotten VS Code to play nice with Java and get those nice IDE features you would get in IntelliJ or Eclipse. I think it is great for TS/JS, Python, and have heard good things about their Go Plugin, but I wish they would he the restart of the Java Plugin. 

They would have to get through the boiler plate of Java to make it effective.  I’m a maven person and my company uses gradle.  Gradle takes forever in eclipse every time I restart.  Is it better in IntelliJ?

4 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I'm spending way too much time scouting for my fantasy dynasty league and this came up in the recommended and its just hilarious to me. 

How ******* big was he in 8th grade?

Can you tackle 8th grade Derrick Henry (one shot) is a much better measure than can you take Aaron Donald in a bar fight

7 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Can you tackle 8th grade Derrick Henry (one shot) is a much better measure than can you take Aaron Donald in a bar fight

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/derrick-henry-stats-high-school-highlights/10eqxp6ew0rqj18qtmkr7zfaak

An 8th grader

Cole Willis, who played basketball against Henry in middle school, gave Yahoo! Sports an estimate of 6-2 and "at least" 215 pounds when asked about Henry's size at that age. Ramsey, though, said Henry was 205 pounds as a high school freshman and a bit taller at 6-3.

30 minutes ago, lostone said:

They would have to get through the boiler plate of Java to make it effective.  I’m a maven person and my company uses gradle.  Gradle takes forever in eclipse every time I restart.  Is it better in IntelliJ?

I think that is just gradle itself.  I don't really mess with it lately, but I do remember long built times when dabbling with Android Studio, which uses gradle.  

37 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I'm spending way too much time scouting for my fantasy dynasty league and this came up in the recommended and its just hilarious to me. 

How ******* big was he in 8th grade? He absolutely accidentally destroys one of his o-linemen and you know that was one of the big kids.

Used to hurt but I would get myself tangled up in peoples legs to try and tackle em cuz everyone was bigger than me

13 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I think that is just gradle itself.  I don't really mess with it lately, but I do remember long built times when dabbling with Android Studio, which uses gradle.  

It’s usually just the initial load of the gradle tasks into the IDE.  After that it’s pretty fast.  

I decided to look into some of our cucumber step definition files... we have a class that is almost 12k lines long.  My leader who is technical know the code is crap...  I can make some of the code better, but that is not sustainable.  I try and teach something every other week.  In one ear out of the other most of the time.  We have to deliver in October and I have no idea how.

2 minutes ago, NightPain said:

Used to hurt but I would get myself tangled up in peoples legs to try and tackle em cuz everyone was bigger than me

I use to play backyard ball all the time but we did it on the high school football field on the weekends.

I was probably about fifteen.....something like 5'10 and a whole 130 lbs so I always went low. There was this guy that everybody called Big Will. Big Will was probably 6'4 340 lbs. Well I found myself on the sidelines with Big Will with a full head of steam and I went for just below the knee and I got full knee cap to my shoulder on the upward stroke........and he ****** my **** up. I bounced off of that big *** man like a rag doll.......he tripped up like 12 yards later because I kinda got in his way but I thought he dislocated my shoulder.

Imagine observing a kosher diet for religious reasons and being told that your son was forced to eat a pepperoni pizza by his football coaches for missing a voluntary workout. The coaches placed the team around him to watch him while making sure he knew that failing to eat it would result in extra work for them. Scum of the Earth got fired for it.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread