The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

21 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

POLITICS        Trump blog page shuts down for good

PUBLISHED WED, JUN 2 2021  10:03 AM EDTUPDATED WED, JUN 2 2021  2:15 PM EDT

Because after tallying the followers there were nowhere near what the has been thought there would be.  :tiphat:

Bottom line . .   the public nor the media need to hear from a loser who is under Federal investigation for a multitude of accusations.

43 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

OK but it was strenuous to stay with it that long. I'd rather have watched Otis Redding, Fats Domino, The 5 Satins (In the still of the night), Aaron Nevil,The Diamonds, etc.

Come on ol' man gramps (that's my music too) but dayum, watching Fergie dance around?  Don't let that old seahorse of yours die and fall off the vine.  

:lol:

In lieu of many of our resident Lemmings on ABF, RINO "press" is the worst by far. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

You and your wife can see all the pictures of the baby your wife wants to see if y’all would just friend me on Facebook. 

Do you realize what you're saying and the consequences of her actions?

Me returning your baby

ralph.jpg

11 hours ago, AF89 said:

He's* got this dream about buying some land.

He's gonna give up the booze and the one night stands.

And then  he'll settle down

In some quiet little town

And forget about everything.

*I have not heard that song in 25 years but I did not have to look up that verse.  But I checked to make sure I had it right and I had it wrong.  I remembered it as "I" not "he".

There might be something Freudian in that . . . 

10 hours ago, AF89 said:

I think the game 2 win actually goes to Nate more than the Knicks.  I swear it looked like he was TRYING to lose that one.  Especially based on his post game comments.

HOWEVER, there might have been some long term strategy that actually paid off:  After game two, the teams would only have one rest day for the next two games.  Rose was (arguably) our biggest match up problem.  He looked sharp and dynamic early in the series, playing 38 minutes with 17 points in game 1 and 39 minutes with 26 points and +12 in game two.  That's a lot of minutes for a guy with a lot of mileage and injuries on his legs.  He actually played more minutes than anyone in the series.  He was sharp enough in game 3 with 30 points in 39 minutes, but was -16.  And he deteriorated from there: 18 points -22 in game 4 and only 6 points -11 last night.

Maybe Nate figured if Rose was on the court and his go to guys were on the bench, he was winning in the long run.

Maybe he was SO confident that he didn't want the team to go stale after a sweep.

Or maybe he's an idiot.

But I'm hoping he'll be our idiot for a while.  Sign that man.

but seriously, this fissure may exist because left-economics isn't necessarily opposed to imperialism and there have been plenty of left-wing imperialists, i just don't believe that hegemonic powers under capitalism are capable of anti-imperialism at all, in any fashion. opposing imperialism without an anti-capitalist foundation comes across as incoherent. 

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

but seriously, this fissure may exist because left-economics isn't necessarily opposed to imperialism and there have been plenty of left-wing imperialists, i just don't believe that hegemonic powers under capitalism are capable of anti-imperialism at all, in any fashion. opposing imperialism without an anti-capitalist foundation comes across as incoherent. 

Strange take on Game 5 but I'll allow it.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread