The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Got a secret for you. I don't care what you or the next person thinks about the way I handle certain situations.

I'll be looking for you to Start preaching to everyone else who resort to name calling and profanity. I'm sure I'll be waiting a life time

individually, i'm sure. but there's a hope that if you realize most people find that kind of behavior repulsive, you might change for the better. that's all any of us can hope for. maybe you take the truth to heart, maybe you don't. we can only play our own parts, friend. 

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

individually, i'm sure. but there's a hope that if you realize most people find that kind of behavior repulsive, you might change for the better. that's all any of us can hope for. maybe you take the truth to heart, maybe you don't. we can only play our own parts, friend. 

🤣 Don't preach to me anymore until you start preaching to everyone else and taking your own advice. You came at me over a simple statement and called me a scab yet now you're preaching to me about being nice. 

57 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

How is the solar business going?

Slow. It has also been raining out here almost every day and I’ve had a lingering cold that my son brought home from school and spread to the rest of us. So I have skipped a couple days that were clear enough to get out because I didn’t want to get anyone else sick or walk around for hours having to blow my nose and cough up junk. I’m feeling better though.

Has been slow for everyone in the office the past few weeks anyway for some reason, even the guys who have been doing it for years. It is extra disappointing to see some guys closing multiple deals while I have none though. My most promising lead isn’t even in Texas lol, it’s a friend in the Chicago area who works an IT role for Google from home. He’s more than happy for me to get the business and he doesn’t have the time to shop around. We have an insanely good deal anyway so he will be happy with it, but I have to jump through some hoops to get certified in Illinois.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Its always bothered the ever living sh*t out of me that the NBA community (and NHL for that matter but ESPECIALLY the NBA) never wants to treat Atlanta like a top 10 media market it is and arguably black cultural capital of the western ******* hemisphere.

Sometimes we might as well be Topeka Kansas for all the national respect and spotlight share we are given

23 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Thier is so much buzz this offseason about the potential of the Falcons offense that we haven't seen in a long time I may not forgive them if they just undercut it before we ever get to see a single game

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Slow. It has also been raining out here almost every day and I’ve had a lingering cold that my son brought home from school and spread to the rest of us. So I have skipped a couple days that were clear enough to get out because I didn’t want to get anyone else sick or walk around for hours having to blow my nose and cough up junk. I’m feeling better though.

Has been slow for everyone in the office the past few weeks anyway for some reason, even the guys who have been doing it for years. It is extra disappointing to see some guys closing multiple deals while I have none though. My most promising lead isn’t even in Texas lol, it’s a friend in the Chicago area who works an IT role for Google from home. He’s more than happy for me to get the business and he doesn’t have the time to shop around. We have an insanely good deal anyway so he will be happy with it, but I have to jump through some hoops to get certified in Illinois.

Yeah that is the downside to commission based positions...I I have been there myself.

Well if you ever get license in Arizona shoot me a PM because I am strongly considering doing solar.... Especially if I can get a good enough deal.

Just now, AF89 said:

Thier is so much buzz this offseason about the potential of the Falcons offense that we haven't seen in a long time I may not forgive them if they just undercut it before we ever get to see a single game

On one hand, I feel the same way. On the other hand I wouldn't be that upset about it. TF and AS came into a bad cap situation and they made it clear that there may be some moves that won't be liked. I see people talking about boycotting and all that. I don't know if it's that serious but to some it is. I dunno

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

On one hand, I feel the same way. On the other hand I wouldn't be that upset about it. TF and AS came into a bad cap situation and they made it clear that there may be some moves that won't be liked. I see people talking about boycotting and all that. I don't know if it's that serious but to some it is. I dunno

It would not be popular but if they win 11-12 games then all will be forgiven.

However all this talk after the draft of being in a win now mode and not looking to rebuild..... Leads me to think that Julio is going to be on the team this year.

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think if the fanbase doesn't want him traded they need to let them know whether its social media or sports talk radio or what have you. It probably won't have an effect but then again if thier own the fence about a particular aspect maybe it might be the grain of sand that tilts the scale.

If they do trade Julio it better he for an absolute haul not a 2nd rounder in 2024 or some sh*t. They surely must realize the buzz that's going to be in that first home game if they can keep all those weapons on the field for us to see it just once.

Even if it fails and the line cant hold up to protect Matt, I just want to see it tried just for one game. I'm perfectly willing to roll these dice

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It would not be popular but if they win 11-12 games then all will be forgiven.

However all this talk after the draft of being in a win now mode and not looking to rebuild..... Leads me to think that Julio is going to be on the team this year.

June first is right around the corner. That's the magic date everyone is talking about. 

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

I think if the fanbase doesn't want him traded they need to let them know whether its social media or sports talk radio or what have you. It probably won't have an effect but then again if thier own the fence about a particular aspect maybe it might be the grain of sand that tilts the scale.

If they do trade Julio it better he for an absolute haul not a 2nd rounder in 2024 or some sh*t. They surely must realize the buzz that's going to be in that first home game if they can keep all those weapons on the field for us to see it just once.

You don't think they don't see what trends on Twitter from fans daily? Best believe they know but if they feel they get a good offer and accept, peeps just gonna have to be upset. I don't want to jinx him but if he went elsewhere and got injured, I'd gamble alot of those who were initially upset would have a change of heart. 

Only reason I say that is because we've seen it far too often when fans want a player then the player is injured and those same fans scream "we dodged a bullet". One of those things that come with it

I already know Julios going to get hurt as surely as the sun sets in the west. Even his best years going forward  is going to be missing lots of consecutive snaps.

And even knowing that I STILL want to see what music Julio Pitts and Ridley can make together even if it's just for a moment in time

5 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I already know Julios going to get hurt as surely as the sun sets in the west. Even his best years going forward  is going missing lots of consecutive snaps.

And even knowing that I STILL want to see what music Julio Pitts and Ridley can make together even if it's just for a moment in time

The cannon pulling the trigger has got to be salivating. I mean that last guy y’all had couldn’t hold a candle to the firepower the new guy brings. Gone are the days of this extraordinary core of receivers waiting for the rainbow pass to flutter ever so gently into their waiting arms. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread