The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

1 hour ago, lostone said:

@Carter don’t give up friend!  You could suck and still make 6 figures

Still want to do this. The past 6-8 months has been pretty nutty. I should just get used to things being nutty. My daughter wants to start learning how to drive and her best friend is applying for her first job and asked to use me as a reference 😖

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

Still want to do this. The past 6-8 months has been pretty nutty. I should just get used to things being nutty. My daughter wants to start learning how to drive and her best friend is applying for her first job and asked to use me as a reference 😖

How is the solar business going?

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I was standing at my table with my earbuds in trying to listen to a podcast and this dude comes in looking for a debate for whatever reason. Granted, he's one of those weird and awkward types who tries to hard to be your friend or whatever. 

So he asks if the PS5's are back in stock, trying to spark a conversation. Remember I'm in my own zone. I tell him **** no. He asks about Xbox. I tell him **** no. 

Then he says he thinks both are flops because of the library. I attempted to get back to my podcast so i could finish what I was doing before I sit down for lunch. 

I ask, "how can you say something that's not even widely available is a flop because they had the same issues as everyone else for the past year." His reply was "they had enough time" My reply was "dude you make zero sense" He repeated "they had time"

So at that point I just want to get back to my podcast so I say "that sounds like your life. You've had 42 years to get it together and you still haven't. Would you say your life has been a flop?"

He looked at me like he wanted to hit me for about 5 seconds, then says "okay" and walks out. One day people will understand that you don't have to force yourself on to people in order for them to accept you. Let it come naturally

do you think this story makes you sound cool

3 minutes ago, achilles return said:

he's one of those weird and awkward types that tries to be friendly and engaging, unlike the dude that blows up over some innocuous small talk

Sounds like you whenever I say something you disagree with

Just now, achilles return said:

people generally don't share stories that make themselves out to be massive jerks, so i was curious

I share my life the same way everyone else shares there's. Compared to most things posted in this thread, we're all massive jerks to an extent. Yourself included. I'm not looking for validation though

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I know. Remember you did tell me I'm no different from the rest of you, didn't you. I proved you right. 

idk i think most of the regular posters have the social intelligence to understand when they're posting something cringe af that makes themselves look like mean weirdos

so maybe you proved me wrong. only time will tell.

Just now, achilles return said:

idk i think most of the regular posters have the social intelligence to understand when they're posting something cringe af that makes themselves look like mean weirdos

so maybe you proved me wrong. only time will tell.

Got a secret for you. I don't care what you or the next person thinks about the way I handle certain situations.

I'll be looking for you to Start preaching to everyone else who resort to name calling and profanity. I'm sure I'll be waiting a life time

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread