The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

2 hours ago, Negative-Nancy said:

My point is that he was being authentic.  It’s that regular car guy thing that makes the camero Schtick work. We all get that. Especially the reporters, who sounded as giddy as Biden.  That’s what made it all positive.  
And I think the reply to the mid east question was more self deprecating than anything. He recognizes how serious and horrible the situation is, and he didn’t want to deal with.  Clearly. 

Gotta feel all warm and fuzzy with a POTUS who doesn't want to deal with serious situations/crisis (some of his own making) to just slough off reporters because the question is tough. Oh right, reporters are not supposed to ask serious questions of the POTUS unless said POTUS is a Republican. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Feel like we could do a cultural exchange program with the Angels. We're almost the same team, Acuna is our Trout and Ynoa (was) our Ohtani and we just rocking and rolling having a blast under .500 🥴

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Feel like we could do a cultural exchange program with the Angels. We're almost the same team, Acuna is our Trout and Ynoa (was) our Ohtani and we just rocking and rolling having a blast under .500 🥴

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

You argued that an article from October, 2020 showed that Biden was president in 2020 and ****** up the bidding process for border wall construction when it was, you know, Trump that was actually president at the time. 
tumblr_o3oipnqiZR1qzpn6vo2_540.gifv

Four months into this year, however, the government increased the value of the contracts by more than $1 billion, without the benefit of competitive bidding designed to keep costs low to taxpayers.

What part of 4 months into this year however confuses you? 

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Four months into this year, however, the government increased the value of the contracts by more than $1 billion, without the benefit of competitive bidding designed to keep costs low to taxpayers.

The article was written in October of 2020!

Jesus

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Records show Trump’s border wall is costing taxpayers billions more than initial contracts

As the presidential election nears, a review of federal spending data found modifications to contracts have increased the price of the border wall by billions, costing about five times more per mile than it did under previous administrations.

BY PERLA TREVIZO AND JEREMY SCHWARTZ, THE TEXAS TRIBUNE AND PROPUBLICA OCT. 27, 2020 12 PM CENTRAL

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texastribune.org/2020/10/27/border-wall-texas-cost-rising-trump/amp/

tenor.gif

14 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

You argued that an article from October, 2020 showed that Biden was president in 2020 and ****** up the bidding process for border wall construction when it was, you know, Trump that was actually president at the time. 
tumblr_o3oipnqiZR1qzpn6vo2_540.gifv

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Records show Trump’s border wall is costing taxpayers billions more than initial contracts

As the presidential election nears, a review of federal spending data found modifications to contracts have increased the price of the border wall by billions, costing about five times more per mile than it did under previous administrations.

BY PERLA TREVIZO AND JEREMY SCHWARTZ, THE TEXAS TRIBUNE AND PROPUBLICA OCT. 27, 2020 12 PM CENTRAL

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texastribune.org/2020/10/27/border-wall-texas-cost-rising-trump/amp/

tenor.gif

Nostradumbazz.

32 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Gotta feel all warm and fuzzy with a POTUS who doesn't want to deal with serious situations/crisis (some of his own making) to just slough off reporters because the question is tough. Oh right, reporters are not supposed to ask serious questions of the POTUS unless said POTUS is a Republican. 

Step outside dummy, the short bus is waiting for you. Your BDS is radiating. Biden is light years ahead of your lying, cheating, grifting, about to be arrested P. . O . . S

7 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

tenor.gif

But in the first four months of 2021...I can only lead you to water, I cannot make you drink.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

But in the first four months of 2021...I can only lead you to water, I cannot make you drink.

Four months into 2020. The article was written in October, 2020, before the **** election even happened. The author meant four months into 2020. 
EnchantingMemorableEidolonhelvum-size_re

48 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

What the ****?

I think it's ******* rad that the Feds do **** like this and our society just kinda has to pretend that they don't actually.

11 hours ago, Sturgil Simpson said:

Biden "jokingly" said he'd run over a reporter for asking about Israel bombing Gaza. And you wonder why people like @Corn Pop always give you and trout such a hard time for your preachy attitude. 

tenor.gif

11 hours ago, AF89 said:

Why I'd know you were going to get mad at this? I could written it down on a note card and whipped it out like the prestige it was so predictable :lol:

The truck thing is not bad or evil it's just goofy get over it

As for the other thing I'm actually more mad at the reporting staff who just played out a scene fresh out of the fantasies of conservative talk radio when they talk about the relationship between the media and Democrat presidents. That was uncomfortable and cringe no matter how you slice it 

Biden has made several statements on the conflict is Israel over the last two weeks.  He is not ignoring it.  If he has not already answered questions directly from the media, he should and criticism for dodging it is appropriate.

Also, as an indicator of how freaked up our relationship with Israel is, the best I can say is that there are leaks that Biden is "taking a tougher approach" in direct private talks to Netenyahu.  And by "tougher" that means "you guy better wrap up this lawless killing and destruction which you unilaterally provoked within a few days or else."

On the other hand, I was with Rashida Tlaib until she referred to Jews as "Israeli's of a certain faith".  Hint . . . if you are taking a reasonable position that is provocative to Jews, ixney on the Anti-Semetic anguage-ay.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread