The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

3 hours ago, Downvote Don said:

Really?  Is THIS what we are ****ting on Joe Biden for now?  

Because this is NOT stupid.  At least it is not on Joe Biden's part.  It IS stupid on the folks **** posting on him for doing something to bring positive attention to electric vehicles.  Do you folks really give a **** about the environment?  Because Joe Biden talking about an F150 going 0-60 in 4.4 seconds is getting to do a helluva lot more to preserve the planet than  . . . well a lot.

Getting trucks and SUV's off of fossil fuels would be HUGE.

BTW, he's having fun.  So are the reporters.

@Leon Troutsky is spot on and y'all deserve to get lectured.

Biden "jokingly" said he'd run over a reporter for asking about Israel bombing Gaza. And you wonder why people like @Corn Pop always give you and trout such a hard time for your preachy attitude. 

tenor.gif

“Texans, not gov’t, should decide their best health practices” he says as he is about to sign one of the most restrictive abortion bills in the country into law.

I’m so tired of these ********.

4 hours ago, Downvote Don said:

Really?  Is THIS what we are ****ting on Joe Biden for now?  

Because this is NOT stupid.  At least it is not on Joe Biden's part.  It IS stupid on the folks **** posting on him for doing something to bring positive attention to electric vehicles.  Do you folks really give a **** about the environment?  Because Joe Biden talking about an F150 going 0-60 in 4.4 seconds is getting to do a helluva lot more to preserve the planet than  . . . well a lot.

Getting trucks and SUV's off of fossil fuels would be HUGE.

BTW, he's having fun.  So are the reporters.

@Leon Troutsky is spot on and y'all deserve to get lectured.

Why I'd know you were going to get mad at this? I could written it down on a note card and whipped it out like the prestige it was so predictable :lol:

The truck thing is not bad or evil it's just goofy get over it

As for the other thing I'm actually more mad at the reporting staff who just played out a scene fresh out of the fantasies of conservative talk radio when they talk about the relationship between the media and Democrat presidents. That was uncomfortable and cringe no matter how you slice it 

9 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Did you read your own article? 

The projects were slated to be completed in January 2020, the Corps said then. Four months into this year, however, the government increased the value of the contracts by more than $1 billion, without the benefit of competitive bidding designed to keep costs low to taxpayers.

Maybe Biden just doesn't know what competitive bidding is or how construction works?  One thing is for sure, how much are they (gubmint) losing having already paid for materials/labor sitting idle for doing nothing?  

Did you read the date on the article, numb-shriveled-up-and-left-for-dead-nuts?

7 hours ago, Southern California Liar said:

President Biden was driving around and literally saying the words this sucker is quick.

If you can't see the funny in that when comparing it to The Onion version that's just on you.

55582-ddc15943d55ecc233f74b1ed899d71ac.j

My point is that he was being authentic.  It’s that regular car guy thing that makes the camero Schtick work. We all get that. Especially the reporters, who sounded as giddy as Biden.  That’s what made it all positive.  
And I think the reply to the mid east question was more self deprecating than anything. He recognizes how serious and horrible the situation is, and he didn’t want to deal with.  Clearly. 

1 hour ago, Big_Dog said:

@WhenFalconsWin  You got burned bad on this one pops. 

Not really, we're all feeling the Biden burn, unfortunately. I was hoping/praying, but this is not what the people signed up for. The border crisis, inflation, people are not willingly being coerced back to work, kids are falling way behind with in person learning, off energy independence, and the resurrection of ME crisis, all under Biden's watch. All within 4 months, not good, not good at all @Big_Dog.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread