Jump to content

The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

lmao

 

I need to get my dad on some medical weed. Sounds like he has very uncool doctors 

@Corn Pop you weren't around but like a month or so ago my (18 or 19 year old) dog was on its last leg, wouldn't eat, wouldn't move I was even having to ask my parents how you go about putting an animal down, what does it cost etc etc cause I've never had to handle it by myself. But I was determined to gut it out did some online research and settled on among a few other items some animal hemp supplements, which I had to waterboard down her throat every night. 

Suddenly shes back to her old self and has even started gaining weight for the first time in like years. I've started calling her fat girl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

I need to get my dad on some medical weed. Sounds like he has very uncool doctors 

@Corn Pop you weren't around but like a month or so ago my (18 or 19 year old) dog was on its last leg, wouldn't eat, wouldn't move I was even having to ask my parents how you go about putting an animal down, what does it cost etc etc cause I've never had to handle it by myself. But I was determined to gut it out did some online research and settled on among a few other items some animal hemp supplements, which I had to waterboard down her throat every night. 

Suddenly shes back to her old self and has even started gaining weight for the first time I  like years. I've started calling her fat girl

Cosequin supplements might also help with joint and arthritis issues. 

Mirtazapine (brand name: Remeron) is also something you can give to encourage appetite.

in my experience when a dog or cat stops eating and then stops walking they usually only have about 24-72 hours left so that’s a pretty remarkable recovery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Cosequin supplements might also help with joint and arthritis issues. 

Mirtazapine (brand name: Remeron) is also something you can give to encourage appetite.

in my experience when a dog or cat stops eating and then stops walking they usually only have about 24-72 hours left so that’s a pretty remarkable recovery.

I know it's crazy as heIl feels like I've bought another year together.

At first we thought it might've been a stroke ir something cause her whole demeanor just changed overnight and I notice Saturday morning she didn't want to get out of bed till very late in the afternoon. By that night she couldn't stand unassisted and it all culminated with me having to tearfully bathe her after she fell in her poop.

Now I think it might've been a kidney issue and maybe as a result of me waterboarding all these supplements and high calorie pastes down her throat maybe she got her system flushed out but that's just spitballin.

We probably should have went to the vet but money is tight and considering the age of the animal, well I mentioned this on the board but I have really depressing memories of my first cat and going with my dad to the vet only for them to charge us a ton of money to tell us our very old cat was dying and guilt us into semi weekly IV treatments to draw it out and the whole experience was just awful. We had a good more welcoming animal hospital around here but they disappeared 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I know it's crazy as heIl feels like I've bought another year together.

At first we thought it might've been a stroke ir something cause her whole demeanor just changed overnight and I notice Saturday morning she didn't want to get out of bed till very late in the afternoon. By that night she couldn't stand unassisted and it all culminated with me having to tearfully bathe her after she fell in her poop.

Now I think it might've been a kidney issue and maybe as a result of me waterboarding all these supplements and high calorie pastes down her throat maybe she got her system flushed out but that's just spitballin.

We probably should have went to the vet but money is tight and considering the age of the animal, well I mentioned this on the board but I have really depressing memories of my first cat and going with my dad to the vet only for them to charge us a ton of money to tell us our very old cat was dying and guilt us into semi weekly IV treatments to draw it out and the whole experience was just awful. We had a good more welcoming animal hospital around here but they disappeared 

My family had a cat that got diagnosed with a kidney thing when she was 17 and they told us she had maybe 3 months to live, but we started giving her a couple medications and she had a high quality of life until she died almost exactly 3 years later.

I’ve buried all my grandparents and 2 out of 4 of my closest friends are dead already, but that cat and my German shepherd I had from age 7 til sophomore year of college were the toughest deaths I’ve had to deal with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DMX’s death bummed me out more than any recent celebrity death. He was one of the most empathetic and down to earth people. 

He was probably my favorite artist my freshman and sophomore years of college.

I saw him perform back in 99 and of course Jay Z was the headliner on the Hard Knock Life tour but there was no question who the crowd at Lakewood was feeling the most. I think it was the best individual live rap performance I’ve ever seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...