The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

6 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Actually you know what if you gave me the option right now of doing Disney or Universal I'd probably go with Disney. I've done every ride in both parks. I was an absolute roller coaster junkie in my teens and early 20s but I don't like waiting in lines anymore so rides are overrated as a factor unless you've never done them

I'd rather take a road trip and tour national parks.

3 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I'd rather take a road trip and tour national parks.

I've said it here a million times but Yellowstone/Grand Tetons is the greatest vacation I ever had.

You have to have a RV/camper tho (regular camping is not allowed cause the horde of bears and bison)

Edit: I forgot they do have those lodges I guess

17 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Epcot is probably severely underrated looking back tho. (Yeah the good rides are sparse but it's a great day hang)

Yeah, epcot as an adult is much better than epcot I remember as a kid.

Though the wife is about to barf right now after Mission Space. 

8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Anyone been to universal around Christmas?

Disney around Christmas time is  really pretty awesome.

Yeah crowded as all sh*t, Harry Potter world had more people than some countries and they were stopping people at the border so efficiently that WFW would have been into it. Also its Florida in December so it might be 35 degrees or 95.

20 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Actually you know what if you gave me the option right now of doing Disney or Universal I'd probably go with Disney. I've done every ride in both parks. I was an absolute roller coaster junkie in my teens and early 20s but I don't like waiting in lines anymore so rides are overrated as a factor unless you've never done them

EPCOT was building a lot of new stuff when I was there Feb 2020 but a lot of the construction got slowed down with the pandemic.

Disney World’s having its 50th anniversary celebration starting in October and lasting 18 months I think so we’ll probably go back either early November or the week after Thanksgiving, which are usually less busy and less hot times to visit. I’d rather die than go to a Florida theme park in the summertime.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

That type of sci Fi has never touched this house. That, star wars, star trek, none of that. I'll take the anime over that any day lol

I can get down with Star Wars, but I'm not a super nerd, so I can just enjoy it for being a movie to watch and not have any strong feelings towards JarJar Binks.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

Yeah crowded as all sh*t, Harry Potter works had more people than some countries and they were stopping people at the border so efficiently that WFW would have been into it. Also its Florida in December so it might be 35 degrees or 95.

That makes sense.

I spent my 31 and 32nd birthday weekends in Orlando  (Dec 9th ish)

I never made it to Universal but went to Disney and it was just a blast.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

The Last Jedi whips ***.  Rogue One is better than Return of the Jedi, IMO. 

I know ROTJ gets hated on, but as an 80s kid with the toys still in his childhood closet, the Jabba the Hutt sequence was my favorite part of the franchise, and I think the Ewoks were pretty sweet, actually.

1 minute ago, Corn Pop said:

I know Jedi gets hated on, but as an 80s kid with the toys still in his childhood closet, the Jabba the Hutt sequence was my favorite part of the franchise, and I think the Ewoks were pretty sweet, actually.

I loved all three growing up, probably Empire and Jedi the most because of Luke-lightsaber action. And the Ewoks were great, and I watched multiple times (and see they're now also on Disney +, will probably watch for nostalgia) the two spinoff Ewoks movies as a kid (the sequel had Wilford Brimley).

Rogue One is just an awesome movie with great cinematography.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I loved all three growing up, probably Empire and Jedi the most because of Luke-lightsaber action. And the Ewoks were great, and I watched multiple times (and see they're now also on Disney +, will probably watch for nostalgia) the two spinoff Ewoks movies as a kid (the sequel had Wilford Brimley).

Rogue One is just an awesome movie with great cinematography.

I saw all the prequels and sequels in the theater, even the Han Solo one while I had to kill time getting my car serviced, but Rogue One is the only one I didn’t see in theaters because I just couldn’t make it there in time.

I haven’t signed up for Disney+ so I haven’t seen the baby Yoda show. 

I’d be cool with a Donald Glover Lando movie tho

1 minute ago, Corn Pop said:

I saw all the prequels and sequels in the theater, even the Han Solo one while I had to kill time getting my car serviced one day, but Rogue One is the only one I didn’t see in theaters because I just couldn’t make it there before it moved on. 

I haven’t signed up for Disney+ so I haven’t seen the baby Yoda show. 

I’d be cool with a Donald Glover Lando movie tho

One of my big regrets is not seeing Rogue One in theaters.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread