The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

47 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Also super easy to make yourself. Been making them since quarantine started.  I usually add black beans to the top layer and skip the lettuce. 

Former coworker told me it was like eating a rotten *****

6 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

@AF89 have you watched the animated Mortal Kombat movie that came out last year that’s on HBO Max? I watched it last night, it’s honestly the best MK that’s been made to date. It sets up for sequels, I would much rather than make more of those than sequels to the new live action movie that featured a made up lead character whose special power was literal plot armor. 

I actually just happened to watch it before the new movie came out. I went into the new movie actually hoping they wouldn't reuse this plotline we've seen a couple times now but having seen the new movie now...they should have went with this plotline

1 hour ago, Corn Pop said:

@Gritzblitz 2.0 one of the reasons I haven’t been to Universal in two decades is because I have no interest in the comic book stuff and especially the Harry Potter stuff, which as a self-respecting gen xer I have no knowledge of. Most of my exposure has come from making fun of liberals on Twitter who reference the books/movies.

One of the recent developments I’ve enjoyed is zoomers roasting millennials for being too into Harry Potter.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=gen+z+millenials+harry+potter

Fair enough, but the rides at Universal are far superior to Disney. It's no more dumb than all of the Gen X'ers way too much into star wars. Saw a bunch of that here over the last few days. 

7 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Fair enough, but the rides at Universal are far superior to Disney. It's no more dumb than all of the Gen X'ers way too much into star wars. Saw a bunch of that here over the last few days. 

My girlfriend and I haven't talked about taking a trip and doing universal or Disney for a few years now but we haven't decided on which one we're going to go to. 

I'm leaning towards universal more myself for that very reason that the rides are supposedly better but there is still something magical about going to Disney.

Disney goes all out on the ambiance which is great if your just looking for a place to walk around, inject member berries straight into your viens and create memories with the kids I guess.

Even then Universal main park probably does Silver age of Hollywood ascetic better than MGM but I haven't been to MGM in forever now

Actually you know what if you gave me the option right now of doing Disney or Universal I'd probably go with Disney. I've done every ride in both parks. I was an absolute roller coaster junkie in my teens and early 20s but I don't like waiting in lines anymore so rides are overrated as a factor unless you've never done them

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread