The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

12 hours ago, Southern California Liar said:

Yall remember the flash mob of any other race who took over a state capitol much less the actual capitol of the country that didn't end up in mass death?

If black folks did it they would have been gunned down right there.

Could black people have done the same thing?

I meant to address this last night, but I gotta say bruh, who tf do you think you're talking to?

Picking that angle to try to come at me on this issue is the last approach you should've taken.

Scroll back in the archive here about 6 or 7 years and see who was the main person who made posting about law enforcement shooting black people a thing on this board, then move forward a little and you'll recall who it was posting about BLM activists being surveilled by government agencies and repeatedly turning up dead under mysterious circumstances.

Then think about who it was who while Dem voters spent the better part of three years venerating the FBI, was in here posting about their long history of surveillance and assassination of black activists, which always caused HM to squeal "WHAT IS UR AGENDA?" at me. And who was it here who kept posting about "Judas and The Black Messiah"?

Now look back at the first two months of this year, when people kept running around screaming "DOMESTIC TERRORISM!!" and folks got mad at me because I said "hey guys, maybe you should tone down the language a little because the government could use this opportunity to increase it's powers and limit civil liberties, and law enforcement will then direct that at my leftist allies."

Get bothered by what I post all you want, but remember who you're talking to, playboy.

tenor.gif

7 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

I meant to address this last night, but I gotta say bruh, who tf do you think you're talking to?

Picking that angle to try to come at me on this issue is the last angle you should've taken.

Scroll back in the archive here about 6 or 7 years and see who was the main person who made posting about law enforcement shooting black people a thing on this board, then move forward a little and you'll recall who it was posting about BLM activists being surveilled by government agencies and repeatedly turning up dead under mysterious circumstances. Then think about who it was who while Dem voters spent the better part of three years venerating the FBI, was in here posting about their long history of surveillance and assassination of black activists, which always caused HM to squeal "What is your agenda?" at me. And who was it here who kept posting about "Judas and The Black Messiah"?

Now look back at the first two months of this year, when people kept running around screaming "DOMESTIC TERRORISM!!" and folks got mad at me because I said "hey guys, maybe you should tone down the language a little because the government could use this opportunity to increase it's powers and limit civil liberties, and law enforcement will then direct that at my leftist allies."

Get bothered by what I post all you want, but remember who you're talking to, playboy.

tenor.gif

Everyone here is aware of your position on these issues and I wasn't suggesting differently. It's been consistent for years now.

But some people used hyperbole when discussing the 6th so the entire incident is now worthy of being mocked is just an insane position to me.

The lies leading up to the 6th and the 6th itself laid down perfect political cover for the passing of all these voter restriction laws

8 hours ago, achilles return said:

i think the 1/6 riot could have been way worse than it actually was, i feel like it's a pretty dark harbinger for the republican party as a vehicle for american fascism, and it will also be exploited by liberals for all kinds of heinous ****.

it was also tremendous content

That's fine.

The thing is though if you look back to January and February and again now, you'll see that I wasn't going around telling folks to take things less seriously. Feel free to be as bothered and worried about as you like, I don't care.

Here's how it's gone --

Me: *expresses my viewpoint*

ABF: "Corn Pop, you have to take this more seriously!"

Me:

gaEEfhJ.jpg

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

This explains it

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Good. **** OSU. 

I was thinking back the other day, last year wasn't there some early study released by OSU that said something like a really high percentage of BIG10 athletes who had tested positive showed signs of heart damage?

At the time that seemed kinda questionable to me, and everything we've learned about Covid since then makes me doubt it even more.

4 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

I was thinking back the other day, last year wasn't there some early study released by OSU that said something like a really high percentage of BIG10 athletes who had tested positive showed signs of heart damage?

At the time that seemed kinda questionable to me, and everything we've learned about Covid since then makes me doubt it even more.

I forget the name but it was an inflammation of the heart that isn't exceedingly rare to have happen from any infection. At least that's what I remember reading.

2 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I forget the name but it was an inflammation of the heart that isn't exceedingly rare to have happen from any infection. At least that's what I remember reading.

Maybe I’m misremembering and that was it, but I thought people were discussing the study in terms of long term damage.

2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

One can't walk around Disney without realizing that we have a serious obesity problem in this country. I'd say that 40%of the adults I've seen are seriously overweight.

And a good number of kids as well. 

I think I already mentioned that after the last stimulus checks a lot of people who normally couldn’t afford a Disney vacation have descended upon Orlando, which is a good thing for everyone.

I think when you’re talking about obesity with the poor and lower middle class in our society, a big part of it is about how food is one of the few things in life those people have to look forward to and enjoy.

Also this morning I saw Bill Maher was trending for testing positive and I learned that people have been getting mad at him for saying that the obese make up the majority of COVID fatalities.

5 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Maybe I’m misremembering and that was it, but I thought people were discussing the study in terms of long term damage.

I could be misremembering too or we could be talking about two different studies. But I think I remember some of the conversation around the one I'm talking about being that they probably never would have known if they weren't being monitored the way they were.

6 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

I think I already mentioned that after the last stimulus checks a lot of people who normally couldn’t afford a Disney vacation have descended upon Orlando, which is a good thing for everyone.

I think when you’re talking about obesity with the poor and lower middle class in our society, a big part of it is about how food is one of the few things in life those people have to look forward to and enjoy.

Also this morning I saw Bill Maher was trending for testing positive and I learned that people have been getting mad at him for saying that the obese make up the majority of COVID fatalities.

Boy... would be a real shame if... nm 

23 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

I can't remember. The biggest things I remember about Covid and the Football season was the Clemson player who retired and the rookie from Jacksonville last year and the Bills TE who developed a heart condition because of Covid

credit where credit is due, no matter how much you think Republicans are authoritarians or nazis, electoral outcomes in this country are still going to mostly just come down to how well the economy is performing, like Trout has always said. 

That’s why last year I said early on that Joe was getting elected and I never promoted the whole idea that Dems would 28-3 it.

1 hour ago, Corn Pop said:

Picking that angle to try to come at me on this issue is the last approach you should've taken.

Scroll back in the archive here about 6 or 7 years and see who was the main person who made posting about law enforcement shooting black people a thing on this board, then move forward a little and you'll recall who it was posting about BLM activists being surveilled by government agencies and repeatedly turning up dead under mysterious circumstances.

Then think about who it was who while Dem voters spent the better part of three years venerating the FBI, was in here posting about their long history of surveillance and assassination of black activists, which always caused HM to squeal "WHAT IS UR AGENDA?" at me. And who was it here who kept posting about "Judas and The Black Messiah"?

tenor.gif

Biz-markie-just-a-friend-oh-snap-guess-what-i-saw.jpg

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread