The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

17 minutes ago, Downvote Don said:

You know, there is plenty of heinous **** going on by Jews right now without you haveing to add ********.  I don't know what that is.  And they should not be throwing stuff near an ambulance.  But that is NOT a grenade.

It's literally called a stun grenade.

Just now, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

It's literally called a stun grenade.

Or . . "flashbang". . . Got it.

So call it a stun grenade.  They shouldn't be throwing stun grenades at or around ambulances.  But people think of a grenade as what shredded Senator Cleland.  Words matter.

2 minutes ago, Downvote Don said:

This gets old in a hurry.

All I know is just about every powerful Dem in my lifetime has bent over backwards to prove a one sided loyalty to Isreals right to pretty much do what it wants, at most you get a little pushback from the Clinton administration to "please do just a little peace talks as a treat" and we all know this time next midyear elections time the dumb white boomer narrative will be how Biden abandoned Isreal to unholy anarchy.

@Corn Pop

I managed to get into Rise of the Resistance. I was up at 6:30 and managed to snag a spot but it was one of the first groups. My wife and kid didn't appreciate me pulling them out of bed at 7am. 

It was petty good, but I could tell there were a lot of elements they have curtailed because of covid. 

The Millennium Falcon ride was fun, we didn't get a very good score because my 5 year old was a lousy co-pilot.

11 minutes ago, Downvote Don said:

Or . . "flashbang". . . Got it.

So call it a stun grenade.  They shouldn't be throwing stun grenades at or around ambulances.  But people think of a grenade as what shredded Senator Cleland.  Words matter.

You're doing the same thing. You're assuming that the use of the word "grenade" means Frag Grenade. Words matter.

21 minutes ago, AF89 said:

All I know is just about every powerful Dem in my lifetime has bent over backwards to prove a one sided loyalty to Isreals right to pretty much do what it wants, at most you get a little pushback from the Clinton administration to "please do just a little peace talks as a treat" and we all know this time next midyear elections time the dumb white boomer narrative will be how Biden abandoned Isreal to unholy anarchy.

Up until recently the narrative about what Israel is and what it does was shaped completely by western corporate media. But now we have social media to lay out all of Israel’s enormities. So I have some degree of optimism that generation z won’t tolerate bipartisan support for Israel. I’m ready for cancel culture to do its thing.

23 minutes ago, AF89 said:

13 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Not so easy being an apologist for ethnic cleansing these days, is it?

Maybe I'm misconstruing the original post, but it sounded like the usual attack from the RIGHT that ANY criticism of Israel by a Jewish American is "turning your back on your country."  And THAT is the take that gets old.  

Michael Brooks is right:  Our Jewish values deplore subjugation.   To B.O. I'm an ethnonationalist.  To Orthodox Jews I'm self loathing.  

Am I both?  Or neither?

1 minute ago, Downvote Don said:

Maybe I'm misconstruing the original post, but it sounded like the usual attack from the RIGHT that ANY criticism of Israel by a Jewish American is "turning your back on your country."  And THAT is the take that gets old.  

Michael Brooks is right:  Our Jewish values deplore subjugation.   To B.O. I'm an ethnonationalist.  To Orthodox Jews I'm self loathing.  

Am I both?  Or neither?

I realize that someone like yourself has been indoctrinated since birth to put your ethnic identity above all else and to deny the humanity of Palestinians. Luckily there have always been a lot of Jews with a moral compass.

My favorite person on Twitter, Felix Biederman:

1 hour ago, Southern California Liar said:

You have to check him out on Twitter. Easily in my top three favorites on there.

I saw the post he made about wearing Balmain jeans and Ferragamo shoes but I couldn’t figure out why he was wearing like a Brooks Brothers shirt and coat with it. 

He’s dressing like Future and Young Thug from the waist down, and Jeb Bush from the waist up.

55 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

@Corn Pop

I managed to get into Rise of the Resistance. I was up at 6:30 and managed to snag a spot but it was one of the first groups. My wife and kid didn't appreciate me pulling them out of bed at 7am. 

It was petty good, but I could tell there were a lot of elements they have curtailed because of covid. 

The Millennium Falcon ride was fun, we didn't get a very good score because my 5 year old was a lousy co-pilot.

I know they cut out at least one preboarding part of Rise where they load small groups in a confined area but you didn’t miss much there. Honestly my initial impression of Rise was that it’s a little overhyped. The production values are undeniable, but I felt like it was a ride where I was just watching stuff happen rather than actually experiencing it, if you know what I mean. I think that’s why rides like Flight of Avatar and Soarin’ are my favorite.

21 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I have this and Polynesian!!! :lol:

So all this Chic-fil-a talk cranked up a craving so I just went downstairs for a spicy chicken meal.  There were bins full of sauce but I noticed there was only one Garden Herb Ranch packet in my bag.  :(  We will rebuild!

ALSO, As I was heading down there, I read that the CDC is saying no masks indoors or out if you are fully vaccinated.  So I'm hanging out at Chic-fil-a without a mask and everyone is looking at my like I'm a massive *******.  It's like I need to where a mask that says "I'm not an *******, I'm just following the new CDC guidelines!!!" 

The student centers at UGA and Georgia Southern both had Chick fil A’s but they hired impoverished local adults rather than Evangelical teens so the quality control was off and you’d end up with overly greasy chicken.

8 minutes ago, Downvote Don said:

So all this Chic-fil-a talk cranked up a craving so I just went downstairs for a spicy chicken meal.  There were bins full of sauce but I noticed there was only one Garden Herb Ranch packet in my bag.  :(  We will rebuild!

ALSO, As I was heading down there, I read that the CDC is saying no masks indoors or out if you are fully vaccinated.  So I'm hanging out at Chic-fil-a without a mask and everyone is looking at my like I'm a massive *******.  It's like I need to where a mask that says "I'm not an *******, I'm just following the new CDC guidelines!!!" 

TBF, the CDC did say in that same statement that you may still maybe asked to wear one when indoors.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread