Jump to content

The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, Sponge said:

I'm still pissed at you for leaving me hanging on draft night after all the mocks we've been through.

After we reworked Ryan’s deal all my subsequent mocks were predicated on trading back. It’s like Pitts was the biggest sure thing in draft, but the only TE I’ve ever seen who made a real difference in January is Gronk. So it’s not a pick that’s gonna change the trajectory of the franchise or anything. I’m not sure Pitts is really a TE, though. He looks more like Plaxico or Megatron to me.

The safety and lineman we drafted in the 2nd and 3rd were guys I sometimes took in my sims when the guys I really wanted were already off the board. So I guess I grade us as a B.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Corn Pop said:

After we reworked Ryan’s deal all my subsequent mocks were predicated on trading back. It’s like Pitts was the biggest sure thing in draft, but the only TE I’ve ever seen who made a real difference in January is Gronk. So it’s not a pick that’s gonna change the trajectory of the franchise or anything. I’m not sure Pitts is really a TE, though. He looks more like Plaxico or Megatron to me.

The safety and lineman we drafted in the 2nd and 3rd were guys I sometimes took in my sims when the guys I really wanted were already off the board. So I guess I grade us as a B.

That's no excuse for leaving me hanging. Get your **** and get out. This mock draft relationship is over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

That's who I wanted in the third.  Might not be a pro bowler, but I think he'll be a starter vs a backup eventually.

There's already buzz about UGA's JT Daniels as a first rd pick if he has a great year.....

again.....meh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I want the 6'4" safety from Notre Dame, Kyle Hamilton, but he'll go top 7 at worst.

 

I'm 90% sure we're taking BPA CB next year. But Hamilton is awesome....and he can tackle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sponge said:

That's no excuse for leaving me hanging. Get your **** and get out. This mock draft relationship is over.

I was doing lots of semi-essential traveling a few months ago. I remember taking one trip, then coming home for a few days, then taking another trip, then coming home again, and at that point I realized I hadn’t logged in here in like two weeks, and I also realized it might be good to take a break for a little while from coming here and reading about why Democrats can’t forgive student loans or legalize marijuana or literally anything else I might want them to do.

I thought about returning to the forum at first by only posting a series of gifs of Crow-era Sting watching in the rafters, but it would’ve taken three or four weeks to payoff and I was afraid that @Gritzblitz 2.0 might be the only person left here who appreciates 90s wrestling references.

tumblr_ota1wxhj6p1vaosveo3_400.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sponge said:

There's already buzz about UGA's JT Daniels as a first rd pick if he has a great year.....

again.....meh.

I remember in 2005 when my pro team and college team both had quarterbacks with athleticism. If you had told me then I’d spend the next 15 years watching guys who didn’t possess the ability to scramble for a first down I never would have believed it :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2021 at 3:35 PM, Corn Pop said:

Next month is to be the third anniversary of the last time I slept with a white woman and I plan to celebrate by sleeping with a white woman. She's hella white too. Like blonde hair blue eyes Scandinavian. She's a huge Drake fan so I gotta put together a playlist before we link up. 

9VRPgd6.gif

Turns out that the white girl I told you guys about is 19 🥴 I had thought she was 21 or 22 for some reason. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

 

 

He's going top 3. Unless we do a Julio trade, or Matt blows out his back honkin off to tentacle porn and we start AJ McCarron's tattoos all year, we don't have any chance at him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...