The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

47 minutes ago, AF89 said:

No idea wasn't there. She just pulled up to our dads house and was like "I couldn't find any normal gas so I filled it up with desiel is that bad?" 

And I'm like well I don't know a ton about cars but yes definitely. 

I think she would have been fine if she had just done like premium or something 

I am certain that purging diesel form gasoline automobiles will be a cottage industry by now oclock.

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Trying to catch up to yall in reading the books was stressful, and I had to go back and re-read the book thread in its entirety to quote all the old posts I wanted to discuss. 

I read all the books during summer 2012. There’s so many details I’ve forgotten about but I guess it doesn’t matter now. It’s been 10 years since Dragons.

Started reading this and thought. "This dude is lying his ax off"/.

Finished reading this moments before brain exploded:

Put my brain back together, read it again and realized that yes, this guy is lying his ax off.

AS if Trump would say "executing their constitutionally protected rights"

23 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

@JDaveG did you watch Mayans? I caught up on the whole season over the past week. It’s the first season since Disney fired Sutter.

I didn’t. I bailed after 2 episodes. Should I catch up by binging?

Had to let the guy go today.  It broke my heart fam.  He was more concerned about me than himself and that broke me.  It was hard enough to deliver the bad news.  

great way to go into my anniversary weekend :( 

8 minutes ago, lostone said:

Had to let the guy go today.  It broke my heart fam.  He was more concerned about me than himself and that broke me.  It was hard enough to deliver the bad news.  

great way to go into my anniversary weekend :( 

When a guy like that doesn't perform and is that gracious about getting canned, it makes you wonder.  

He had the talent to get hired.  Why hasn't he performed?  Sounds like he's not a bad guy.  I wonder if he has depression issues or substance abuse issues.  Maybe he needed help with something that could have turned things around for him.  I guess you can't really broach that in the workplace . . . 

56 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

I read all the books during summer 2012. There’s so many details I’ve forgotten about but I guess it doesn’t matter now. It’s been 10 years since Dragons.

The show has overwritten so much of my knowledge and enthusiasm for the world of ASOIAF anyway I'd almost certainly have to reread it a 3rd time if  WoW ever came out...which im probably not going to do. My TBR list is already overfilled with books that actually have a chance of going somewhere and didn't have a tv show spoil for me

The gas hoarding is beginning up and down the east coast. 

On another note,  Fulton County DA Fanni Willis needs to get moving on Trump's election interference. The sooner he gets charged, or even in the NYSD, will put a quick end to all the Republican flowing crazy A$$ BS.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread