The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

5 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Shaun Donovan was Secretary of HOUSING and URBAN DEVELOPMENT under Obama. How do you fail this question when your "expertise" is suppose to be housing. 

F***, I’d like to know where in America the median home sale price is $80k, $90, or even $100k.  A friend of mine who lives in North Georgia just told me about a mobile home on 2 acres of land that just sold for $200k.  

15 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah people think I'm full of it when they ask me how my day is or how my weekend was and I reply "I'm here". We don't know when our day is going to come

I bug people who say that by telling them that my day was good when I was blessed to wake up. All of my focus from then is toward making it to another day.

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Huh... Why not try cow dung after all of the bull**** from the past year has failed?

One of my rightwing aunts told my mother that she didn’t have to wear a mask and could keep from getting covid by using a q-tip and swabbing her nose with Neosporin.

I told this to one of my friends and his wife.  His wife, who has been a nurse for decades, explained that Neosporin is an antibiotic and that antibiotics don’t work on viruses like covid.

My friend’s response was more direct.  He said, “I hope you own a black suit.”  

Just now, JayOzOne said:

I bug people who say that by telling them that my day was good when I was blessed to wake up. All of my focus from then is toward making it to another day.

Pretty much. **** I wanna make it to the end of the current day 😂. I got breathing issues so you can only imagine how my days go sometimes. Especially in the muggy summer

A federal judge Tuesday denied an effort by the National Rifle Association to file for bankruptcy protection, ruling that the gun rights group filed the case in an attempt to fend off a civil lawsuit by the New York attorney general.

“The Court finds, based on the totality of the circumstances, that the NRA’s bankruptcy petition was not filed in good faith but instead was filed as an effort to gain an unfair litigation advantage in the NYAG Enforcement Action and as an effort to avoid a regulatory scheme,” Judge Harlin Hale wrote in a 37-page decision.

Hale’s decision follows a weeks-long hearing that revealed details about alleged mismanagement and excessive spending by top officials at the influential gun lobby, including Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s controversial leader for the past three decades.

“The @NRA does not get to dictate if and where it will answer for its actions, and our case will continue in New York court,” the New York attorney general’s office wrote in a tweet minutes after the ruling. “No one is above the law.”

NRA officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Early this year, LaPierre announced that the nonprofit would file for bankruptcy and seek to move to Texas from New York state, where it was chartered in 1871, in the face of the far-reaching civil suit filed by the New York attorney general.

LaPierre and his legal team contended that the lawsuit filed by New York Attorney General Letitia James last August seeking to dissolve the gun rights group was a political act intended to destroy the organization.

James’s office argued that the NRA’s bid for bankruptcy was an attempt to duck serious allegations of fraud and self-dealing. Several other parties, including the NRA’s longtime public relations firm, joined the attorney general’s office in opposing the petition or seeking independent oversight of the group.

After Hale’s ruling, opponents of the NRA said that the group’s attempt to seek bankruptcy protection only made it more vulnerable to legal scrutiny.

“Today’s disastrous decision for the NRA shows that they can’t even file for bankruptcy correctly, which doesn’t bode well for the many lawsuits and investigations they must now face,” John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, a nonprofit group that advocates for gun control, said in a statement. “The NRA was forced to hang its dirty laundry out for the world to see, and has nothing to show for it but another stack of legal bills.”

:lol: 

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

One of my rightwing aunts told my mother that she didn’t have to wear a mask and could keep from getting covid by using a q-tip and swabbing her nose with Neosporin.

I told this to one of my friends and his wife.  His wife, who has been a nurse for decades, explained that Neosporin is an antibiotic and that antibiotics don’t work on viruses like covid.

My friend’s response was more direct.  He said, “I hope you own a black suit.”  

Neosporin would work highly effectively if you could use it to completely seal all of your airways.

You should have suggested she try.

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Pretty much. **** I wanna make it to the end of the current day 😂. I got breathing issues so you can only imagine how my days go sometimes. Especially in the muggy summer

I've had my jabs but still wear a mask pretty much anytime I'm out. I do it so others will see somebody doing it and either feel encouraged or at least think about their own mask use. I'm used to it by now. But man, the first really hot day a couple of weeks ago gave me some problems.

6 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I've had my jabs but still wear a mask pretty much anytime I'm out. I do it so others will see somebody doing it and either feel encouraged or at least think about their own mask use. I'm used to it by now. But man, the first really hot day a couple of weeks ago gave me some problems.

I was waiting to get into a restaurant/deli on Mother's Day.  Folks were socially distanced but wearing masks.  I asked the lady in front of me and the guy behind me if they had been vaccinated.  They both said they had.  So I took off my mask.  They kept theirs' on and I felt like an *******.

Oh well.   

8 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Mannnnnn last Wednesday I went back in at 1 am. My boss had me out there puffing so hard. Glasses fogged up, couldn't see. Mask funky. Thankfully I keep extra lol. I had to hit the inhaler after about an hour

I don't understand it. Is our country angry because everybody has a gun or do we all have guns because we're angry? America is the most spiritually and morally bereft society in modern history.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I am fully vaccinated as of this past Saturday but I also still atleast take my mask everywhere. If a place requires it then I put it on...if they do not then I do not wear it.

You are good after 14 days... you ain’t ready yet

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread