The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

My ex just told me she’s burning her Cowboys stuff and becoming a Saints fan. I’m bout to meet her salty *** at the ****in Waffle House 🤬

LOL the two teams I hate the most. You should meet her at the Waffle House based on principle for those two turrible teams. 😆

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

The premise presented was that drafting Pitts was a signal the Falcons were choosing to be mediocre: which is ridiculous. Drafting the best player in the draft doesn't signal that AT ALL. 

While all true, nothing you are saying above changes the wrongness of the premise I was contradicting. 

Drafting Fields would have been the signal that we were choosing a path of mediocrity, at least for the next few years with the likely outcome being a few years of salary purging and rebuilding through the draft around a new QB that would need a few years of seasoning to be ready. 

I was prepared for either path, and would have been fine with either. I'm just pointing out how wrong it is to suggest drafting Pitts is a signal of mediocrity. 

It does, because it means we aren't doing a rebuild, which is what we need to do. The current iteration of the falcons has failed. We need to do a reset. 

Rebuilding isn't choosing mediocrity. it is choosing to be bad in hopes to build it better. Look at the hawks. We were a mediocre team. We were never serious contenders, so finally new ownership decided to tank.  Now in our 3rd year, we are the battling for the 4th seed with none of our young core in their prime. 

48 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Tatf is being kinda calm right now.

I need my drama and if it has to happen here I'll be the agent of chaos.

Lol I told ya I didn't see an implosion. I seriously think once the Pitts rumors got hotter, 95% swallowed their feelings and accepted it

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

It does, because it means we aren't doing a rebuild, which is what we need to do. The current iteration of the falcons has failed. We need to do a reset. 

Rebuilding isn't choosing mediocrity. it is choosing to be bad in hopes to build it better. Look at the hawks. We were a mediocre team. We were never serious contenders, so finally new ownership decided to tank.  Now in our 3rd year, we are the battling for the 4th seed with none of our young core in their prime. 

We eventually will draft a qb....but it did not have to be this year.

If we struggle again next year then we will have the opportunity to draft one then.

7 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I just disagree. And you're making an apples to oranges comparison between the NFL and the NBA. With a few good moves you can be right back in the thick of things in the NFL. Not in the NBA. 

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol I told ya I didn't see an implosion. I seriously think once the Pitts rumors got hotter, 95% swallowed their feelings and accepted it

Give it time. When posters have nobody else to hate on because there is no football being played they turn on each other.

Its like the sun rising and setting. One of those weirdos is typing up a post as we speak and putting it into a draft folder.

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

I just disagree. And you're making an apples to oranges comparison between the NFL and the NBA. With a few good moves you can be right back in the thick of things in the NFL. Not in the NBA. 

I am not as familiar with the nba but in the NFL there is so much parody that teams routinely from 5-11 to 11-5 ( and vice versa) with little change to the roster.

There are still lots of young pieces on the team that there is a future moving forward.

Not to mention one of the benefits of a rookie qb is the cheap rookie contract.....having them sit for 2 years and litterally waste half of that is not good for a rebuild.

Just now, Southern California Liar said:

Give it time. When posters have nobody else to hate on because there is no football being played they turn on each other.

Its like the sun rising and setting. One of those weirdos is typing up a post as we speak and putting it into a draft folder.

As long as it isn't tonight I'm cool with it lol. 

43 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

This tea is too sweet

Waffle House isn't that good

The Falcons are gonna win

BBQ isn't all that good

Nowadays:

Black people should vote easily

179951716_2824384941208881_5753336715373

The war WAS about slavery

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread