The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Ehh need to slow downy on the hof stuff

...dude has not taken a snap in the nfl.

And there have been plenty of amazing college players who seemed sure fire hof players only to fail in the nfl.

No this is the time for hot takes. 

All of em.

Kyle Pitts is gonna pass for twenty touchdowns next year

3 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Back on the old thing.

I have watched two of the top ten picks dads play in the nfl.

I am hoping that we can snag Samuel Jr in the second.....just to drive that point home.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

Shocked that Fields has made it past Denver. GMs really are down on him

Yeah, that makes no sense to me.  Surtain is a great player, but Denver needed a QB and Fields was on the board.  Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

6 minutes ago, Defund the Mods said:

How is him leaving UGA because Kirby Smart wouldn't start him because he didn't want to demote Fromm a knock on Fields? 

Not to rehash this whole situation again, but if you don't know then you just don't know. Smart wasn't gonna replace Fromm with a true freshman, and he was right. IF Fields had stuck around for season 2 instead of running away, that's a whole different scenario where Fields probably takes the job. 

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, that makes no sense to me.  Surtain is a great player, but Denver needed a QB and Fields was on the board.  Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Like I said ealier teams that want/need to start developing Fields year 1 are probably pretty wary of taking that leap, whereas Falcons would have been a great situation for him 

8 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Remind me now many Chips we won with our last hall of fame TE. 

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Not to rehash this whole situation again, but if you don't know then you just don't know. Smart wasn't gonna replace Fromm with a true freshman, and he was right. IF Fields had stuck around for season 2 instead of running away, that's a whole different scenario where Fields probably takes the job. 

2 minutes ago, Negative-Nancy said:

I’ve watched at least three generations of Metcalfs 

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Remind me how trading for Tony G mired us in mediocrity, which is the pertinent part of the discussion. 

Tatf is being kinda calm right now.

I need my drama and if it has to happen here I'll be the agent of chaos.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread