The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

8 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Apparently Lin Wood got a hold of one of my partner's email addresses and sent a letter through some kind of list-serve about fighting back against the Georgia Bar.  I'm really glad he didn't email me, I would have an incredibly hard time not responding and telling him to go **** himself.

7 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Carthaginians bout to get f****d

Btw if it's not historically accurate it's not because these guys are using a MG 42, it's because left legionnaire is clearly Aaron Rodgers. We see you A-Aron

This dude caught/checked kicks with his shin on purpose. I hit my shin on the coffee table a few weeks ago and it put me down for five minutes. If that didn't put his opponent out he kicked them really ******* hard in the leg to where trained fighters just fell the **** out.

A leg kick from one of these guys has to be like taking a bat across the leg. 

49 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Here’s what I don’t understand — that “FightBack” statement, as ridiculous as it is in terms of substance, is written in a coherent and legible manner.  That’s not somebody who is so delusional that he literally things he’s in the White House when he’s somewhere else.  So is he legitimately mentally ill to the point of needing institutionalization or is he lying about his White House escapades as part of a big grift to dupe Trump supporters?  Or did he have someone else write the “FightBack” statement?  Because I find it impossible that he would be cogent enough to write that letter and simultaneously be so mentally ill that he literally thinks he’s in the White House and Oval Office meeting Trump.  

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Here’s what I don’t understand — that “FightBack” statement, as ridiculous as it is in terms of substance, is written in a coherent and legible manner.  That’s not somebody who is so delusional that he literally things he’s in the White House when he’s somewhere else.  So is he legitimately mentally ill to the point of needing institutionalization or is he lying about his White House escapades as part of a big grift to dupe Trump supporters?  Or did he have someone else write the “FightBack” statement?  Because I find it impossible that he would be cogent enough to write that letter and simultaneously be so mentally ill that he literally thinks he’s in the White House and Oval Office meeting Trump.  

He said he could be Jesus several months back. I'm not gonna say he's healthy but this kind of behavior isn't new.

4 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

He said he could be Jesus several months back. I'm not gonna say he's healthy but this kind of behavior isn't new.

Granted that I’m not a mental health expert, but there’s an inconsistency to his behavior that I just can’t reconcile.  

27 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

This dude caught/checked kicks with his shin on purpose. I hit my shin on the coffee table a few weeks ago and it out me down for five minutes. If that didn't put his opponent out he kicked them he kicked them really ruckijg hard in the leg to where trained fighters just fell the **** out.

A leg kick from one of these guys has to be like taking a bat across the leg. 

I've taken one from my coach. I wanted to die right there. 

5 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm done making fun of Lin Wood. It's clear that he's mentally ill and I truly feel bad for his family. 

I would *really* like to hear what a mental health professional has to say about his “I’m in the White House and no Joe Biden but Trump is in the Oval Office and here’s a picture of us” thing.  Because that strikes me as either he’s knowingly lying to people or he’s delusional to the point of needing to be institutionalized because he literally doesn’t know where he is at any given moment.  Again, I’m not mental health expert, but I have a hard time imaging anything in between those two extremes.

6 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I've taken one from my coach. I wanted to die right there. 

I have a hard time imagining how much training it must take to where you can use your shin as a weapon. That **** hurts. 

Much less the training it takes to let somebody just kick the **** out of the meaty part of your leg with their shin. That **** would also hurt..... a lot.

4 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

I have a hard time imagining how much training it must take to where you can use your shin as a weapon. That **** hurts. 

Much less the training it takes to let somebody just kick the **** out of the meaty part of your leg with their shin. That **** would also hurt..... a lot.

It's like any other part of the body. When you use it enough, it builds a callous. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread