The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

I got back on Facebook to keep up with my great nephew and I just got banned from a FB group of people who do what I do. Basically one dude posted the pic below and an admin called it commie **** that was meant to divide.

I responded with the song below where Tennessee Ernie Ford said he killed a whole bunch of folks and asked if it was okay to say all that in the form of an old country song. I did not receive an answer.

170848766_10218239722280206_448660736943

11 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I get what you're saying. There's no ruler to stick up to them to see who's the smartest. But Einstein wouldn't be Einstein w/out Newton and Da Vinci paving the way before him. Einstein was gifted but he would have never came up with his train thought experiment in Da Vinci's time because there was no trains. Da Vinci and Newton were way ahead of their time. Einstein had other competing physicist like Planck and Bohr that were on his same level, along with 20 other great physicist of the early 20th century.

it makes you wonder how many geniuses have lived and died without getting the opportunity to realize the potential of their gifts because they were born at the wrong time, to the wrong family, in the wrong class, etc.

Just now, achilles return said:

it makes you wonder how many geniuses have lived and died without getting the opportunity to realize the potential of their gifts because they were born at the wrong time, to the wrong family, in the wrong class, etc.

I've actually thought about that before. I wonder how Newton/Da Vinci would change the world today, post-discovery of electricity and the invention of the silicon chip. I'm sure they would make Elon Musk their btch for starters.

38 minutes ago, achilles return said:

It makes you wonder how many geniuses are alive today simply protecting capital instead of helping mankind.

I'm sure Biden will take care of Russia, China, NoKo, after his Czar takes care of the border crisis.  Good new on the border CRISIS front, this administration is asking Mexico to put 10k troops (Trump had 25k troops) on their southern border and asking Central America to do the same (but El Salvador's POTUS) told Biden to **** off after he blew him off at the WH and wouldn't meet with him.  Trying to reimplement Trump's foreign allegiance armies  (though understaffed) is a start in his admittance that he should've never gone away from the Trump border policies. 

Dereliction of duty to say the least, what say you @Big_Dog?

32 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

:lol: Greenwald is publicly advocating that men in their late thirties should be able to have sex with 16 and 17 year olds, of course wfw is still supporting him 

I dunno he was fan girling Dersch pretty hard for a while a couple years before suddenly stopping 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread