The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

10 hours ago, AF89 said:

I'm going to miss it being socially acceptable to be able to wear masks in the grocery store. Didn't want it before. Now a year later it's my lowkey introvert safety blanket, I dont have to give a **** if my facial hair looks like sh*t or I have a little dry skin or blackheads on my nose. My irrational mind doesn't wander if people are looking at me :ninja:

I’m going to miss walking stealthily through the store in my mask acting like a food ninja.  :ninja: 🥑

11 minutes ago, lostone said:

I am an introverted extrovert 

I want the masks to stay so I don’t have y’all nasty ************* breathing on me... but I wanna go on trips and to the bar. 

I've enjoyed not having to shave every day for work since I put on my mask as soon as I'm around anyone in the office.

15 hours ago, achilles return said:

lol consider me on the "downvote every single wfw post i see in this thread" train as well

Same, but I'm not joining because I want to.  I genuinely dislike 99% of what he posts.  My finger gravitating towards the dislike button is an involuntary action.  I couldn't stop myself if I wanted to.

This poor poor man. He really should just change his twitter handle. 

I love how the guy thinks it should be Gertz's responsibility to bring it to his attention that he's being a ***** to the wrong person, BY assuming everyone checks his profile and notices that he's a doctor...🤦‍♂️

Some movie executive some where: "We all love die hard right?"

Movie executive cronies " **** yeah"

Movie executive: Ok hear me out...let's remake Die Hard but let's set it in.....a VA hospital....and to top it all off let's get the dude from Iron Chef America!

Cronies: Brilliant!!

Dude from Iron Chef America: What is my motivation for the part?

Executive: Just pretend that they did not use any of the secret ingredient!!

11 hours ago, AF89 said:

I'm going to miss it being socially acceptable to be able to wear masks in the grocery store. Didn't want it before. Now a year later it's my lowkey introvert safety blanket, I dont have to give a **** if my facial hair looks like sh*t or I have a little dry skin or blackheads on my nose. My irrational mind doesn't wander if people are looking at me :ninja:

Honestly, I'm fine if some people want to wear masks out in public in the future. Especially if you feel like you may be sick with something. They have been doing that in Asia for years now. It would really cut down on the flu. 

But I'm catching some grief from people because I'm back to training  jiu-jitsu, going to restaurants and I'm going to a fully attended UFC card in a few weeks. I'm vaccinated and at a very low risk of catching or spreading covid, but there are some that seem to feel like no public gatherings should just be the normal from here on out, and I say **** that. 

11 hours ago, AF89 said:

You gotta have that breath up to par though

39 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Honestly, I'm fine if some people want to wear masks out in public in the future. Especially if you feel like you may be sick with something. They have been doing that in Asia for years now. It would really cut down on the flu. 

But I'm catching some grief from people because I'm back to training  jiu-jitsu, going to restaurants and I'm going to a fully attended UFC card in a few weeks. I'm vaccinated and at a very low risk of catching or spreading covid, but there are some that seem to feel like no public gatherings should just be the normal from here on out, and I say **** that. 

I’m BJJing as soon as I get fully vaccinated.  Since I was a white belt before, I get to relearn everything.  

46 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I was supposed to get my second dose this coming Tuesday, but had to move it to next Friday to schedule a ******* deposition.  I want to fully activate my 5G ASAP.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread