The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

It's as deflated as I've felt since Feburary 2017. She laid in bed till late afternoon I pushed her outside to make sure she used the bathroom then at some point yesterday (after we we hopped in the jeep and went back to Douglasville) she just lost the ability to stand unaided. We've been set up in the living room at my dads house since. I've just been giving her water thru a straw and petting her.

Unfortunately our vet isn't open till monday and I'm fighting with myself whether I want to take her anyway. A few years ago I would have no question (and did) but not to get into it I have very sour memories of dropping a couple hundred dollars on our old cat just so they could tell me it was dying and this dog is 19ish. Mostly just taking it hour by hour, I'll see how she feels today before I make any decisions but clearly this is the home stretch so I'm going to give her as much love as I can

Sorry for what you're going thru man!

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

It's as deflated as I've felt since Feburary 2017. She laid in bed till late afternoon I pushed her outside to make sure she used the bathroom then at some point yesterday (after we we hopped in the jeep and went back to Douglasville) she just lost the ability to stand unaided. We've been set up in the living room at my dads house since. I've just been giving her water thru a straw and petting her.

Unfortunately our vet isn't open till monday and I'm fighting with myself whether I want to take her anyway. A few years ago I would have no question (and did) but not to get into it I have very sour memories of dropping a couple hundred dollars on our old cat just so they could tell me it was dying and this dog is 19ish. Mostly just taking it hour by hour, I'll see how she feels today before I make any decisions but clearly this is the home stretch so I'm going to give her as much love as I can

Very sorry to hear about this, man.  Sending best thoughts and energy for you and the family.

Had some storms come through and lost power. If I'm a betting man my power is gonna be out for a good while because I'm an end of the line customer and it always takes forever and all the power crews are still over in Newnan.

And thats why I'm in a hotel in PTC with a bunch of people from Newnan staying in the same place.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread