Jump to content

The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Good God, some the hot takes this morning are ridiculous.

”Child separation policy still intact”???

I posted an article just a day or so ago about how Biden had started the process of reuniting children separated from their parents, including allowing them to stay in the US and (IIRC) find a path to citizenship.  

Stock market “crashing”???

The trend has been upwards since November and no sign of a “crash”.

Gas prices and food prices “soaring”???

Gas prices were always going up as the economy opened.  The reason they were so low is because the pandemic and travel limitations.  As for food prices, I’ve not seen any indication that they are “soaring”.  Inflation is a concern, but it’s nothing alarming at the moment.

”Wavered on student loan forgiveness”???

It’s just a little over a freaking month in office.  Give him a little bit of time, especially since he’s trying to get the stimulus bill passed.  And I’ve seen nothing to indicate that he “wavered” on his $10k forgiveness promise, plus he extended the suspension of payments until September.  

Filibuster???

When did Biden say he would eliminate the filibuster?  

This constant “ZOMG THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER BIDEN IS TOAST AND DEMS DEMOLISHED” gets old.  

Forgot to post this in my original post but I'm well aware a lot of this isn't his fault or he's working on it.

With that said, politics is a game of optics and a lot of people are wrongly gonna blame some of this on him. The way I see it nothing he or the Democrats are doing are effectively counteracting these narratives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bdog 29 said:

Forgot to post this in my original post but I'm well aware a lot of this isn't his fault or he's working on it.

With that said, politics is a game of optics and a lot of people are wrongly gonna blame some of this on him. The way I see it nothing he or the Democrats are doing are effectively counteracting these narratives.

It’s not merely that it’s not his fault, it’s that some of those things are just factually untrue.

And the way I see it, certain factions and groups on the right and the left are going to ***** and moan about anything and everything he does, and also attack him for breaking “promises” he never made.  When there are so many people willingly throwing out utter horse**** on an hourly basis, it’s impossible to swat down every one of them.

Like just yesterday people were attacking him for a completely fabricated “standard” of not holding a “formal solo press conference”, as though anybody were sitting around for the past decade or two thinking “gosh those FORMAL SOLO press conferences are ever so important and I look forward to the president offering them.”

Some of this **** is ridiculous and frankly it’s being pushed by people who are going to criticize Democrats no matter what they do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Y'all know a policy position that isn't talked about at all but may be one of the most important to me personally? 6 weeks paid vacation. Everyone that knows me in my personal life knows that my lifelong goal is to not have to work anymore. Working for 40 some odd years to enjoy the last 20 years of your life always seemed like a scam to me.

But I sometimes wonder if I'd be way more ok with working if I got more time off. My job now gives us 3 work weeks and I know that's decent. But hearing about Europeans and their 2 month long holidays makes me so jealous. If we got just 6 weeks off every year work would be so much more bearable. 

Edited by bdog 29
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It’s Day 44 and Biden STILL HAS NOT CANCELLED MY MORTGAGE!!!!

I’ll NEVER vote Democrat again and Dems deserve to get destroyed in 2022!!!

:argh:

I bet Biden won’t even cancel my car loan!!!  THAT BASTIGE!!!!

If you don't want to vote for Biden because he didn't cancel your mortgage or car loan, that is your right. Just like people who believe he/dems haven't gone enough for them have the right to stay home. Just don't complain about the results. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

If you don't want to vote for Biden because he didn't cancel your mortgage or car loan, that is your right. Just like people who believe he/dems haven't gone enough for them have the right to stay home. Just don't complain about the results. 

I just checked my credit card balance and BIDEN STILL HASN’T CANCELLED MY CREDIT CARDS!!!

RAWR, so angry!!  Never voting Democrat again!!!

:argh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

If you don't want to vote for Biden because he didn't cancel your mortgage or car loan, that is your right. Just like people who believe he/dems haven't gone enough for them have the right to stay home. Just don't complain about the results. 

I don't think he's being serious dude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

Y'all know a policy position that isn't talked about at all but may ? 6 weeks paid vacation. Everyone that knows me in my personal life knows that my lifelong goal is to not have to work anymore. Working for 40 some odd years to enjoy the last 20 years of your life always seemed like a scam to me.

But I sometimes wonder if I'd be way more ok with working if I got more time off. My job now gives us 3 work weeks and I know that's decent. But hearing about Europeans and their 2 month long holidays makes me so jealous. If we got just 6 weeks off every year work would be so much more bearable. 

 

6 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

 

Well that ties right into the point I was going to make. Maternity leave in this country is also absolute **** too.

 

No wonder the younger people aren't having kids. They can't ******* afford to

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I just checked my credit card balance and BIDEN STILL HASN’T CANCELLED MY CREDIT CARDS!!!

RAWR, so angry!!  Never voting Democrat again!!!

:argh:

That you keep posting this kind of drivel indicates to me that you're perfectly happy to dismiss all legitimate criticism of Biden because of a few extreme voices on the left. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Good God, some the hot takes this morning are ridiculous.

”Child separation policy still intact”???

I posted an article just a day or so ago about how Biden had started the process of reuniting children separated from their parents, including allowing them to stay in the US and (IIRC) find a path to citizenship.  

Stock market “crashing”???

The trend has been upwards since November and no sign of a “crash”.

Gas prices and food prices “soaring”???

Gas prices were always going up as the economy opened.  The reason they were so low is because the pandemic and travel limitations.  As for food prices, I’ve not seen any indication that they are “soaring”.  Inflation is a concern, but it’s nothing alarming at the moment.

”Wavered on student loan forgiveness”???

It’s just a little over a freaking month in office.  Give him a little bit of time, especially since he’s trying to get the stimulus bill passed.  And I’ve seen nothing to indicate that he “wavered” on his $10k forgiveness promise, plus he extended the suspension of payments until September.  

Filibuster???

When did Biden say he would eliminate the filibuster?  

This constant “ZOMG THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER BIDEN IS TOAST AND DEMS DEMOLISHED” gets old.  

50dgsu.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

That you keep posting this kind of drivel indicates to me that you're perfectly happy to dismiss all legitimate criticism of Biden because of a few extreme voices on the left. 

Or perhaps I’m mocking those few extreme voices on the left who are making ridiculous criticisms.  :shrug: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

Like, sure, some people are levying unrealistic and ill-informed criticism at Biden.

But no one forced him to cowtow to the parliamentarian, or reduce stimulus payments, or give them out to fewer people. 

Legitimate criticism is fine.  The dumb hot takes all over the boards this morning (and last night), not so much.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Or perhaps I’m mocking those few extreme voices on the left who are making ridiculous criticisms.  :shrug: 

Trout, you're my boy, so just let me know and I can post an AOC meme to take the heat off you.

b2ea6bafce6201a67044836de280869e.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Legitimate criticism is fine.  The dumb hot takes all over the boards this morning (and last night), not so much.  

So why are you only entertaining what you perceive to be illegitimate criticism? The dude's Admin is going to give fewer people less money than Donald Trump!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...