The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

So basically, it was Dr. Suess' own decision, and it was six books that virtually no one thinks of when talking about Dr. Suess.

Talk about a nothingburger.

The libs infiltrated Dr. Seuss Enterprises and canceled him from within! Well, what lack of sales of those six titles hadn’t already canceled. 

2 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

The fact that there's somebody or there about to make some money by making a potato toy with a big ***** like God intended is simultaneously hilarious and sad.

Trumpy Bear folks are fixing to come crashing thru your living room window like the ****ing Kool Aid man

11 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Just to be clear, I really don't have a problem with opening things up and letting people select their own level of risk. It should have always been like that. 

But the mask thing is just so dumb and unnecessary that serves no purpose but playing to the culture warriors. 

The people who "accept their own level of risk" wind up infecting others. It's cool if you want to eat Exlax and jump in the pool, just not fair if you insist on swimming with others. Forget the fact that those same idjits wind up taking up all of the ICU beds and making survivable accidents and heart attacks much riskier.

13 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The people who "accept their own level of risk" wind up infecting others. It's cool if you want to eat Exlax and jump in the pool, just not fair if you insist on swimming with others. Forget the fact that those same idjits wind up taking up all of the ICU beds and making survivable accidents and heart attacks much riskier.

externalities

9 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

What about young people who have had covid and recovered? What about those who have been vaccinated? Those people are approaching 40% of the population now. They are at extremely low risk of contracting or spreading covid. If they want to resume activities, I think it's reasonable. 

Plus if I'm a young healthy person that doesn't live with vulnerable people, I would be fine assuming the risk for myself. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread