The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

I know I praised the USPS when Trump tried to defund them but they just lost a $1,200 doppler board I shipped out. Just got off the phone with the postmaster and she was no help, all she did was check the tracking (which shows it was never picked up). I'm about to get postal on the postal.

For those worried they’re not going to move on anything other than covid relief...

House Democrats plan to steamroll through some of their biggest legislative priorities this month, unveiling an ambitious agenda to pass a final coronavirus relief package as well as bills pertaining to gun control, immigration and other Democratic policy goals.

Also next week, the Democrats plan to vote on two gun control bills as well as a bill to strengthen workers’ abilities to organize. The following week the House will take up bills on equal rights, violence against women and immigration, Hoyer said.

Most of these bills already passed the Democratic-held House in the last session, but died in the Republican-majority Senate. Now, with the narrowest of majorities in the Senate and a Democratic president, House Democrats are passing them again in hopes they make it to Biden’s desk

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

For those worried they’re not going to move on anything other than covid relief...

House Democrats plan to steamroll through some of their biggest legislative priorities this month, unveiling an ambitious agenda to pass a final coronavirus relief package as well as bills pertaining to gun control, immigration and other Democratic policy goals.

Also next week, the Democrats plan to vote on two gun control bills as well as a bill to strengthen workers’ abilities to organize. The following week the House will take up bills on equal rights, violence against women and immigration, Hoyer said.

Most of these bills already passed the Democratic-held House in the last session, but died in the Republican-majority Senate. Now, with the narrowest of majorities in the Senate and a Democratic president, House Democrats are passing them again in hopes they make it to Biden’s desk

Maybe I'm missing something, so help me here, no push on the voting rights act?

1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

Maybe I'm missing something, so help me here, no push on the voting rights act?

I think that’s what they mean by “equal rights” in the article.  They’re definitely going to take up a bill on voting rights.

13 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

After all of that.. 

I prefer Austin, please. :rolleyes:

Wanted to loop back to this.  Was in Austin a few years ago for almost 3 weeks straight.  Austin was cool.  Drove to Lockhart quite a bit to eat at Kreuz and Black's (BBQ).  Found out I preferred Black's.  Also, Franklin's is overated IMNSHO

Also, about the Cuomo allegations, I get the sense of a double standard but we’re not talking about Supreme Court nominees or the filibuster.  We’re talking about protecting people against sexual harassment in the workplace.  That has nothing to do with what the GOP does or doesn’t do regarding allegations against their side.  You do the right thing in these situations regardless of whether the other side does or not.

13 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Also, about the Cuomo allegations, I get the sense of a double standard but we’re not talking about Supreme Court nominees or the filibuster.  We’re talking about protecting people against sexual harassment in the workplace.  That has nothing to do with what the GOP does or doesn’t do regarding allegations against their side.  You do the right thing in these situations regardless of whether the other side does or not.

Two people are talking about sexual harassment in the workplace.  And for that, Cuomo needs to go.

ONE person is talking about a creepy old dude making a pass at her at a wedding.   (He touched her back, face, and asked to kiss someone thirty years younger) I have no idea why anyone in the media is talking about that.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread