The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Just got off the phone w/ my aunt where she went into a Trump praise session out of the blue. She said Biden was also on Epstein's island. I really didn't care to get into that. But I had to set her straight on telling my daughter there's really a devil down below. I asked her if she really believes there's a red guy with a pitchfork miles below her feet. Her response- "How do you know?"

44 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Disney+ just posted every season of Muppet theater. That's why the muppets have been so trendy the last few weeks. Kinda the opposite of bring canceled. 

Your probably thinking of this disclaimer Disney added to some of the episodes because some of the ethic caratictures or something else dumb and conservative media made it thier outrage of the day even tho its like..who cares?

I sing the intro to Muppet Babies in the car just to annoy my daughter.

55 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

What I want to know is what kind of evil **** Folgers did to overthrow Wilikns coffee.

I'd almost guarantee theirs going to be a chill Kermit Folgers commercial at some point cause some ad agency is going to try to be all trendy next superbowl when we've all already moved on

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

That's your opinion and I respect you for having it. The party in power isn't the one that sat on its *** and let half a million (and counting) Americans die from a disease that common sense and an ounce of leadership could have mitigated. Forget the fact that that typical logic never was applied to a failed president running after he'd been voted out of office. It's not a matter of being anti-Trump, it's a matter of survival for too many. And to suggest that five weeks is time to gauge any "accomplishments" is presumptive. 

The problem with whoever runs in 2024 is going to be the fact that the economy will likely be better and every time a Democrat bails out the American economy, *Americans* turn to Republicans because they're "better at handling" it. That's not the real reason, but it's the one they float.

And again, there's no way Ron DiSantis, Ted Cruz or Josh Hawley run and win as pro-Trump "conservatives". Trump got away with it because like him or hate him, he's charismatic AF. There's more charm in a spoiled chum bucket than you'll find in every soul who attended CPAC this weekend.

Dems in 2008 believed there was zero chance Rs would recover after destroying the economy and creating two forever wars, but Rs won the house in 2010. 

Trump was in charge as those 100,000s folks were dying of covid and still received more voters than any other candidate in history not named Joe Biden. 

Trump came out of nowhere politically and was able to sweep into office. Don't assume we have seen the person who will take the Trump mantle. Trump could technically run again. 

You are being presumptive. I am judging based on how elections will go based on what has happened so far. I am not saying things won't change or get better. As JDriz pointed out, vaccine rollout is ramping up and looking nice, but I am not sold that handling covid and bring the economy back is gonna be enough to get people to come out and vote for you. You still need to address the issues people had with the old economy that made them want to switch from the Trump admin, which includes minimum wage increase, significant student loan cancelation, ACA/healthcare fixes, etc. 

54 minutes ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

What would the modern equivalent of those ads even be?

I thought hard about this and the closest thing I can come up with is the Raid bug commercials. But even then, it's not close to the killer Kermit commercials.

hqdefault.jpg

My sons tub overflowed and it’s raining in my office right now.  I’m thinking I should just snake out the closest toilet and I should be able to clear the drains.  I’m worried about the septic pump being bad as well.  @Sponge you have any advice?

Finally caught up with this thread... took forever 

10 hours ago, 40milesN said:

most coders hate coding

9 hours ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Yup. I'm good at it, hate it. Avoid it like the plague.

I have devs for that...

I still enjoy coding.  When I find an opportunity I go for it.  I just don’t do coding outside of work anymore.  I’m having to teach my group about writing clean maintainable code.  Since I’m somewhat new to the group, I just ask stupid questions like “how do I view the logs to see a transaction from start to finish across all services?” The answer to this made me sad btw... 

I have committed to learning angular this year.  I need to be able to be a “full stack developer” just in case

Michael Cohen will be called to testify in Trump's criminal cases involving the tax returns. He is so confident there will be a conviction he opened a website selling personalized orange prison jumpsuits. :slick:

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread