The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

7 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I don't know this Q lady you're talking about. But I can tell you're getting salty while white knighting. You already know my disgust in general for politicians. The same blow back I'm getting now is the same I got from the Righties here when pointing out their bs. 

Can i submit to you that your probably not actually bothered by the fact that AOC is a politician or supposedly antisemtic but rather that she acts so d@mn stereotypically millennial and thats a alien cultural gap as old as history?

23 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Can i submit to you that your probably not actually bothered by the fact that AOC is a politician or supposedly antisemtic but rather that she acts so d@mn stereotypically millennial and thats a alien cultural gap as old as history?

Yep, that explains everything :rolleyes: 

p.s. I'm not "bothered" by AOC or anyone political so sheathe your sword.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

My dude, the recently elected MAGA ****heads like MTG (Jewish space laser Qanon lady from Ga), Boebert, Cawrhorne, or Gosar who just a couple of days ago spoke at an honest to goodness white nationalist conference, are a million times more divisive about the “race/Jew” thing. 

Give me a min and I'll **** on them too. 

46 minutes ago, Sponge said:

same hate propaganda, different cause. You just now need to decide which race and religion holds the blame. That's what politicians do. But you're knee deep in the **** and gotta choose a side. 

33 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I don't know this Q lady you're talking about. But I can tell you're getting salty while white knighting. You already know my disgust in general for politicians. The same blow back I'm getting now is the same I got from the Righties here when pointing out their bs. 

How can you say they are the same then act like you don’t know about one of them?

if you think they are remotely the same I would suggest you’re consuming some bs info about them.

2 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Yep, that explains everything :rolleyes: 

p.s. I'm not "bothered" by AOC or anyone political so sheathe your sword.

Im just saying you spend an abnormal amount of what time you do spend in here grousing or memeing about AOC. Its not the biggest deal its chiefly the sole purpose for this thread but you've definitely carved a small spot out for yourself as "negative about AOC and the squad" guy just as you are also the UFO and nostalgic toys guy.

Like if i really wanted to psycho obsess on this  I could probably show you multiple quotes of where you say you like Bernie even if you didn't necessarily like the smell of his economics but there definitely a bitter edge thier when it comes to any member of the squad. Its not just you I see alot of people do that and I honestly think its a cultural gap thing :shrug:

Let’s celebrate a bit of good news...

The Virginia Legislature approved adult-use marijuana legalization Saturday in a historic vote marking the first state in the Old South to embrace full legalization.

The House passed the measure in a 48-43 vote, and the Senate approved it in a 20-19 vote. Not a single Republican voted for the bill in either chamber.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Let’s celebrate a bit of good news...

The Virginia Legislature approved adult-use marijuana legalization Saturday in a historic vote marking the first state in the Old South to embrace full legalization.

The House passed the measure in a 48-43 vote, and the Senate approved it in a 20-19 vote. Not a single Republican voted for the bill in either chamber.

I swear to God if West Virginia legalizes marijuana before Georgia does I'm gonna lose my ****.

Um...I uh...I don’t think Maureen Dowd understands who “the left” is...

WASHINGTON — I’ve been waiting for this moment. The moment when some on the left would react indignantly to journalists doing their job.

It was so enthralling and gratifying to assail Donald Trump as a liar and misogynist that it was bound to be jarring when the beast slouched out of town and liberals had to relearn the lesson that reporters don’t — or shouldn’t — suit up for the blue team.

The moment came on Wednesday in the Capitol basement when Seung Min Kim, a respected Washington Post reporter, asked Lisa Murkowski, a Republican senator from Alaska, if she had seen a 2017 Neera Tanden tweet about her. [snip]

Murkowski’s reaction to the tweet was relevant because her vote on the Tanden nomination to be President Biden’s budget director could sink or save Tanden. And Tanden’s tetchy Twitter fingers counted among the reasons Joe Manchin and Susan Collins had announced their intention to vote against her, given President Biden’s preaching that it was time to leave Trump’s toxic atmosphere behind.

After HuffPost’s Igor Bobic posted a picture and summary of the exchange between Kim and Murkowski, Kim’s email and social media feeds were inundated with racist and sexist comments. (Liberals had also been quick to make the ugly leap to call moderate senators who opposed Tanden’s nomination racist and sexist. It shouldn’t be so reflexive to reach for that button.)

One person labeled Kim a “snitch” for supposedly messing up “another POC nomination on behalf of whites.” Another wrote, “That is not her job and that’s extremely inappropriate.”

Actually, yes, that is her job. The truth is, many on the left don’t understand what a reporter is.

They loathe Fox News but assume that the mainstream media are basically on their side, the same way Fox commentators are on Trump’s, laying the groundwork for him to start his second coming at CPAC this weekend.

For the left, over the past four years, a reporter has been an ally and a superhero comrade in the epic mission of destroying Donald Trump. Liberals lionized any cable hosts and runaway Republicans who blasted Trump, even if they had previously been on the G.O.P. payroll, selling the Iraq war and Sarah Palin.

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I hate that as soon as Sponge posted the meme I knew we were going to do this and I did it anyway because I can't help myself :sadwave:

Hit dogs will holler.

FTR, I disagree with AOC. That doesn't mean I think she eats babies. I said before that I think Bernie is cool af, and would love to hang out with him even though I disagree w/ some of his politics. You guys have this defensive mechanism that if I criticize your political idol, I've got hate for her; which couldn't be further from the truth.

Just now, Sponge said:

Hit dogs will holler.

FTR, I disagree with AOC. That doesn't mean I think she eats babies. I said before that I think Bernie is cool af, and would love to hang out with him even though I disagree w/ some of his politics. You guys have this defensive mechanism that if I criticize your political idol, I've got hate for her; which couldn't be further from the truth.

Excuse me but I'm not the only hit dog holler'n here

And i never said you hate AOC. You just seriously sour old man when it comes to her and I can't help but do what younger generations do and push back. A conflict as old as time

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

My wife and toddler went to Senoia to see our new baby second cousin, so I’m in the kitchen blasting Led Zeppelin and portioning out meat I bought at Sam’s to go in the freezer. 

AnnualFaroffDormouse-max-1mb.gif

About once a month I drive (1hr/30min) to Senoia to fish at my great uncle's house. 

5 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Excuse me but I'm not the only hit dog holler'n here

And i never said you hate AOC. You just seriously sour old man when it comes to her and I can't help but do what younger generations do and push back. A conflict as old as time

I know, it sounded like a kennel in here. Not saying you're the only one with fleas.

Me being "sour" is only a perception and being 44 hardly qualifies me to be an old man. You're in your 30's, which is "old" to the those in there 20's. Time is just sitting back laughing at us all though. 

2 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I know, it sounded like a kennel in here. Not saying you're the only one with fleas.

Me being "sour" is only a perception and being 44 hardly qualifies me to be an old man. You're in your 30's, which is "old" to the those in there 20's. Time is just sitting back laughing at us all though. 

I'm only like 15 days older than AOC ^_^

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread