The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

40 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Bautista turned into a weird Resistance guy which simultaneously made him coolor as a wrestler but also very much so kind of a dork 

I had to unfollow him. Love the guy but I have no desire to see blue MAGA in my timeline. Ken Jeong and Don Cheadle also went that way.

Chris Jericho also made a few posts back in November about how do the election numbers change so much over the course of the day but put it more in the “I’m just asking questions” form.

Mick Foley is a pretty genuine dude though. He was/is very anti Trump but wasn’t obnoxious about it 

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

I had to unfollow him. Love the guy but I have no desire to see blue MAGA in my timeline. Ken Jeong and Don Cheadle also went that way.

Chris Jericho also made a few posts back in November about how do the election numbers change so much over the course of the day but put it more in the “I’m just asking questions” form.

Mick Foley is a pretty genuine dude though. He was/is very anti Trump but wasn’t obnoxious about it 

I love Patton Oswalt and his wife Meredith Salenger, but they post a lot of cringey #Resistance stuff.  I followed Christopher Meloni for a little while and had to unfollow because he (and a bunch of other celebrities) would retweet the Krassenstein Brothers, Scott Dworkin, etc . . . Just total liberal grift-fest.

We have had favorable COVID trends since January.  However, with more folks getting the vaccine and warmer weather in parts of the country, we should continue to see a decreasing trend in new cases.

But that trend in new cases stalled this week, and I don't like the new death curve.

We have a chance to really stamp COVID out over the next few months.  I hope people are not getting complacent.  

The disaster scenario is that the "new strains" are resistant to vaccines and more contagious and deadly.  If people relax, we could see last summer to fall to winter nightmare repeat itself.  

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

43 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

We have had favorable COVID trends since January.  However, with more folks getting the vaccine and warmer weather in parts of the country, we should continue to see a decreasing trend in new cases.

But that trend in new cases stalled this week, and I don't like the new death curve.

We have a chance to really stamp COVID out over the next few months.  I hope people are not getting complacent.  

The disaster scenario is that the "new strains" are resistant to vaccines and more contagious and deadly.  If people relax, we could see last summer to fall to winter nightmare repeat itself.  

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

It's never going to be stamped out completely. It's very similar to family of coronaviruses that cause the common cold. It'll become less of a factor as people build up immunity until the next major mutation.

2 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

It's never going to be stamped out completely. It's very similar to family of coronaviruses that cause the common cold. It'll become less of a factor as people build up immunity until the next major mutation.

@Gritzblitz 2.0 is the entire world going to have to get yearly immunizations for Covid next year and beyond? 

Just now, Mr.11 said:

This. 

Covid will be an endemic disease for the foreseeable future, but we can live with that. As long as it isn't overrunning the hospitals and killing hundreds of thousands of people a year we can tolerate it just like we tolerate other illnesses. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread