The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

25 minutes ago, lostone said:

So how does one survive the incoming fascist system that is going to target people who look like me directly?  I think I should learn to grow vegetables and farm a little or something.  I don’t know

Move to China. Oh wait... Chinese people are racist  too.

1 hour ago, lostone said:

So how does one survive the incoming fascist system that is going to target people who look like me directly?  I think I should learn to grow vegetables and farm a little or something.  I don’t know

And probably think about solar energy a lot! For everything!!!

And since we are on the autobahn back to Jim Crow, we probably need to invest in either getting the black church to what it use to be OR a lot of automatic rifles and point programs again. 😒

24 minutes ago, Carter said:

I don’t know why we insist on keeping a stupid ******* healthcare system intact but high fives are necessary 

Mostly because the GOP is WAY BETTER at messaging and have TOLD us it’s for our own good! 

Also,that it’s the BEST system in the world(without proof of this mind you).

On 2/12/2021 at 7:29 PM, Carter said:

Who is going to stand up for them? Trump already committed to 4 years of supporting the genocide. This is the world’s largest humanitarian crisis, only made worse by the United States. We don’t have to solve it ourselves but this is unacceptable. How does a country held hostage by anti abortion rhetoric look the other way on this?

We're still gonna arm the Saudis.

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Thick pork chops>>>>

We have a butcher shop near our house, I love getting their bone-in pork chops, for grilling I get them cut an inch and a quarter thick. They have a house marinade that’s similar to Dale’s sauce, so they marinate them in the package if you ask for it after they cut them to order for you. I grill them high heat and fast, they eat like steaks. Dirt cheap compared to steaks too, I can get 6 marinated for like $20. I always tip $5, it’s worth it. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

We have a butcher shop near our house, I love getting their bone-in pork chops, for grilling I get them cut an inch and a quarter thick. They have a house marinade that’s similar to Dale’s sauce, so they marinate them in the package if you ask for it after they cut them to order for you. I grill them high heat and fast, they eat like steaks. Dirt cheap compared to steaks too, I can get 6 marinated for like $20. I always tip $5, it’s worth it. 

I copped some for the first time this morning and grilled them. Splashed some worchesister, yes I misspelled the **** out of that. Let them sit out for like 30 minutes, hit them with Butt Rub on one side, longhorn seasoning on the other side. They were perfect

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I copped some for the first time this morning and grilled them. Splashed some worchesister, yes I misspelled the **** out of that. Let them sit out for like 30 minutes, hit them with Butt Rub on one side, longhorn seasoning on the other side. They were perfect

We buy thinner ones at Sam’s (always bone-in though), I’m going to pan sear then and make a roux gravy tonight. 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread