The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

36 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

The Hogg child recently started a liberal pillow company grift.

just search “hogg grift” on Twitter. Lots of great stuff

This is going to have exactly one ending, and it's going to be tragic for whatever investors he dupes into giving him money for a company that the market is in no way demanding.

11 hours ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

Lettuce doesn't even have a taste....just eat the lettuce you picky ***.

False! All lettuces have a taste.

But since arugula and the other greens he's mentioning have such a strong flavor, I'd suggest mixing them in with romaine lettuce to add some bulk.

@Andrews_31

So far, Biden is finding that abruptly reversing U.S. immigration policy is like turning around a battleship using the tiny, loose steering wheel of the USS Minnow. His highest-profile immigration move — an executive order pausing deportations for 100 days — has been blocked by a federal judge in Texas whom Trump had appointed just last year. In this vacuum of uncertainty, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE — still under an interim boss hastily installed in the last week of the Trump administration — and the Border Patrol, whose rank-and-file officers zealously supported POTUS 45, have seemingly sped up deportations and other enforcement actions.

And about those Haitian babies, @Andrews_31...

https://thehill.com/changing-america/resilience/refugees/537987-babies-and-children-deported-to-haiti-in-apparent

Babies and children deported to Haiti in apparent defiance of Biden order: report

The federal agency is at odds with leadership.

One day before President Biden's 100-day moratorium on all deportations resumed, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) deported at least 72 people to Haiti on Feb. 7, according to the Guardian.

The two flights left from Texas to Port-au-Prince, Haiti, where the U.S.-backed Haitian president has refused to leave office, triggering a political crisis. On Jan. 26, U.S. District Judge Drew Tipton, a Trump appointee, placed a 14-day injunction against the moratorium, which he later extended to Feb. 23, based on a federal contract with the state made by the Trump administration. 

12 hours ago, lostone said:

Y’all... I don’t like lettuce, but I like spinach and arugula... I need a less costly alternative so I can eat more greens.  Suggestions?

bok choy

*with noodles

**and chicken broth

Edited by 40milesN

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread