The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Giving depositions is about the burden to officials and interfering with everyday operations.  Executive privilege is about allowing the president to get honest and unfiltered advice from his cabinet.  Cabinet members won’t be able to do that if anything they tell the president can become public as soon as they leave their post.  So they’re going to only give advice that’s politically popular or at least not unpopular.  Which completely negates the point of executive privilege.  

this sounds like an acceptable price for public service to me

Just now, achilles return said:

maybe some national security stuff?

i'm fine with keeping it pretty limited!

Classifying information is how they protect national security and national secrets.  Executive privilege is about the president getting honest and frank advice from his staff/cabinet.  

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Classifying information is how they protect national security and national secrets.  Executive privilege is about the president getting honest and frank advice from his staff/cabinet.  

there's obviously some overlap there, my dude. you asked me a question, i answered it. 

Just now, Aleksandr sportolli said:

I'm not trying to steal the thunder from @Sergeon that one. He takes great pride on this particular subject.

I used to not know what it felt like to sit down without sitting inside of the cushion of my own ***. It's like sitting on a mattress that's a little too soft, so your back hurts later for seemingly no reason. Now my back hurts sometimes but I know exactly why.

3 hours ago, Aleksandr sportolli said:

I'm sorry if somebody has already posted it but if so it's still worth a double post.

Her husband dressing up as Zangrief is the closest I've ever come to relating to them :ninja:

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Just put this farce to a “vote” and end it tomorrow so we can get student loan forgiveness, err, I mean, Covid relief. 

Totally normal for defense attorneys and the jury to meet and discuss strategy. They didn't teach you that in law school? 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The ABF Classic Film Series: The Deer Hunter (1978) Thread